Worst makeup habits you have seen

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-People who shave off their eyebrows and draw them on from scratch. You might as well get it tattooed on, because it looks fake either way.

-I also hate the huge thick eyeliner under the eye, especially when its a mile away from your lashline! You look like a football player!

-People who wear a ton of make up to the point that when you look at them you can't recognize who they are when they aren't wearing make up.

i see people who pile on mu like layers of frosting on a
wish.gif
cake

Originally Posted by velvet_tears /img/forum/go_quote.gif The dark lipliner/light lipstick look. Ugh. Or the one thick line of white on the upper lid. *cosigns

I hate the following makeup habits:

Overdrawn or made up eyebrows...yuck they look so fake!

White eyeliner on top lid....ewww

Bright orange lipstick....nasty

Bright pink lipstick..... only good if your dressing up 80's

Overextended e/l line..not the cat eye, something else, something scary!

Black lipstick...only good for Halloween.

Too much mascara
wtf.gif

We had this one customer in a small MMU boutique where I used to work. She was in her late 50's, slightly dated sense of fashion, and the blackest, short gelled-to-death hair imaginable. Her favorite foundation was the one that was pink. And she liked to wear it so that you could see the pink. Her lipliner was black and she filled it in with fuschia/red lipstick and had panda bear eyes (black rings of makeup) and spider lashes. She brought a coworker with her one time to help the coworker find makeup. She refused to let us sell the coworker her correct foundation shade and insisted on the same Medium pink shade that she wore. We gave up
smile.gif
I will never forget her...

~Michelle

I don't understand people who wear eyeliner and no mascara. There is a girl who works in one of the cafeterias at my job, who always wear liquid liner ONLY, in a thin slightly wobbly line. It just looks... misplaced, somehow.

well i think all of u girls have summed it up for me lol!!

I have to admit i wa one of those ppl who only wore mascara and bottom liner, but only on waterline. but thank god no more!!!

I also hate it when ppl think they look so hott when they dont with all that makeup.

My pet hate tho i the foundation on the jawline and the not blended look. i notice my sister does this, looks like she doesnt wash her face before hand and u can see every flake etc looks terrible!! also ppl who wear MU to the pool or beach, unless waterproof, something simple like mascara etc.

oh gosh yes, i dont like when people wear a darker foundation then there skin tone and they totally don't match! there face and chest are two different colors!! ahh it drives me crazyy!! it's like have you looked in the mirror!?!? i still panic i use bare minerals and i have my skin color but i check like so many times before i go out just to make sure.

There was a customer at my work and she had thick unblended black eyeliner with no mascara or eyeshadow in her crease. No other makeup either.

White lipstick looks dumb on everyone.

Folks that use the red Revlon? wooden eyeliner and set the tip on fire w/ a match or lighter then use it to line their eyes...WTF?

Lining outside of the natural lip line.

Old people and glitter just don't mix.

Blush that looks like a bad sunburn or a double pimp slap.

Wrong shade/application of bronzer where the person ends up looking dirty.

Things I see around here that are just plain ugly are waaay over-plucked brows and a dark liner with frosty gloss or lipstick, not blended. Ew!

Man, I can't think of any you all haven't gotten so far, so I will just confirm some that i hate the most:

-eyeliner on the inner most part of the lid... right next to the eye...ouch!

-spider eye lashes

-unblended mu

-someone who wears so much lipstick it gets on their teeth

-outdated colors, unless trying for a certain look

Try cover-up over acne with no attempt to blend. It just looked like a patch and called attention to the pimple. It fooled nobody.

You know the sad part is these folks mostly think they look good1

I got loads:

- Spidery/Clumpy Mascara eyes. I can't stand looking at lashes I can easily count because they're clumped together to form 5 or some spikes.

- Overplucked Eyebrows. Either, to form a different shape than you're natural line. Plucking them all off or too thin. Not plucking at all or cleaning it all...

- Painting In Eyebrows. Looks like Sharpie marker. Enough said.

- Foundation Overload.

- Inappropriate Makeup Colors on different age groups. I've noticed older women using bright colors and it's just not appropriate for their age. I did my mom's makeup in colors I use now... she came out really pretty but it was just inappropriate because she looked like she's trying to act young or something. EESH. Neutral/natural colors for the older ladies, please!

- Dark colors on light complexion. It washes out their look x10.

- Added Beauty Marks. Bah...

- Fake Tan skin w/ light colored lip shade. [Vomits]

I see too many teenage girls come into my store (Starbucks) with black eyeliner just slathered onto there eyelids (yes, I said lids) and lower lids. So unnatural! Ewww....

I have to agree with everything that's been said so far. In particular, I hate concealer that's been piled on top of spots - it draws attention to them rather than hiding them. I also despise bright orange foundation that looks like it has been applied with a spatula, especially when you can see an unblended line around the face!

Originally Posted by ThisIsKia /img/forum/go_quote.gif Blush that looks like a bad sunburn or a double pimp slap.

Okay, this made me LOL
laughing.gif

this is not make up but kind of close: BAD HAIR COLOR! Like:

too dark or too light

looks store bought and applied

highlights that are just bleach with no toner...looks like a dog peed in your hair

matte colors

grown out highlights

Originally Posted by arphsfriend /img/forum/go_quote.gif Try cover-up over acne with no attempt to blend. It just looked like a patch and called attention to the pimple. It fooled nobody. One of my "friends" do that...

The person who did this was a boy I knew in high school! You would think somebody would have clued him in.

Back