Worst makeup habits you have seen

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate it when people don't blend their makeup, hard lines just don't look good to me. And foundation that's the wrong shade, and ends at the jaw line, looks like a mask.

Looking at all the things posted in this thread is really interesting, as I'd be willing to bet that we all probably do at least one thing that is someone else's pet peeve.
laughing.gif

Carol

I agree! The "I'm surprised all the time" eye brow shape irks me! I just want to shake them - lol

Ha ha!! I like the want to shake them comment!! One of our looks we promote on our DVD is a devil, and the make up artist did this neat trick. She concealed the end of the eyebrow with make up and then made a fake eyebrown with make up. Not your every day look, but for Halloween and the camera it looked awesome. But then I wanted to shake her!!

I can forgive orange / pink, badly blended foundations, I can forgive the 'over the top drama queen crashed into transvestite' look, but one thing I cannot forgive is THE BADLY DRAWN, BLACK LIQUID EYELINER LOOK!!! It looks just so fake and bad, a true eyesore!

people who wear false eyelashes every day, like to work or the grocery store. It just looks over the top. False lashes are great for evenings and weekends, but just absurd at the office. A volumizing mascara is your friend.

dark eye makeup when you wear glasses drives me crazy. It just makes the eye area look too dark and shadowy and small. skip the eyeliner and wear moderate colored eyeshadows, please!

I went to an artsy, honors college were most of the girls weren't "superficial enough" to wear makeup but still wanted to look edgy: thus, everyone ran around campus with cheap, badly drawn, quickly smudging, "black" eyeliner rimming their eyes and no other makeup whatsoever. It used to drive me crazy.

I also hate when people refuse to wash their face; my sister will wear a face full of makeup, sleep in it all night, wake up and apply another coat of foundation and powder, smudge her eyeliner and call it a "smokey eye look." Sometimes, she'll do this for four or five days straight. Gross!

And, finally, I am definately guilty of the fake/orange tan fiasco. When I was in college, people always made fun of my pale skin so I attempted to fake tan. It did not turn out well and I was constantly wearing long pants and sweaters (in FL!) to hide my mistakes. Pale or not...I definately look better with my natural skin color than with some hideous orange glow.

I have to say I am guilty of waking up with black eyes sometimes! Just too tired to take it off. Really bad especially being a producer of a MAKEUP VIDEO!! I guess it's that old saying, do as I say not as I do!!

Originally Posted by Aprill849 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Or the ones that cake on foundation and forget they have a neck/jawline yeah i hate that.

I'm pretty sure I use too much blush, but that's ok. I like it.

Other people's makeup doesn't bother me.

It's like when you look back on pics and think "wtf was I thinking?!"

And you thought you looked good at the time..

Unintentional stuff, like flaked mascara, goopy eyeliner ect, suck though and I would most likely tell that person.

my pet hate is goopy eyeliner in the corner of your eyes and its especially annoying because i hate it so much ... and it ALWAYS happens to me!! lol.

Well, some people tell me I wear too much make-up, but I don't really think I do. They're referring to my eye make-up which I think is, for the most part, tastefully done. I get crazy sometimes, but it's just because I love make-up.

Some things I hate:

Mass amounts of blush.

When people apply eyeliner nowhere near the lash line.. it looks so tacky.. it's not that hard to get your eyeliner close to the lash line!

Clumpy mascara.

Dark lipliner.

Lipstick which is way too bright [like orange].

Foundation lines.

Poorly done bronzer.

There is a lady in my neighborhood, middle 50's I would say, that not only has her lipstick smeared above & below her lips, but also all over her teeth. UGH !

When I was little, the lollipop lady used to have cheap pink lipstick on her teeth (I don't think she ever noticed).

Oh and girls who use liquid eyeliner as lipliner >_< crazy.

Back