Worst makeup habits you have seen

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when a woman looks like she's wearing a "white" mask...seems like she doesn't look in the mirror when putting on makeup.haha

haha,, and also women who put just TOO much blush on that they look like clowns...

females who don`t wear their liquid e/ls precisely or who apply just tooooooo many coats of mascara .its looks like their eyelashes got roasted or burnt or diseased wid something black dripping from them ..eeeeeeeew.

females who don`t wear their liquid e/ls precisely(like wen in a hurry ) or who apply just tooooooo many coats of mascara .its looks like their eyelashes got roasted or burnt or diseased wid something black dripping from them ..eeeeeeeew.

I agree with everything everyone said! Especially colors that do not look good like dark blue, or worse light blue like 1970, wrong colors that look like clown makeup, and not blending geeze that makes me crazy!

Oh, and don't even get me started on the women who let their color "grow out" and they have that obvious mark in the back of their head of the natural and the "growing out" color instead of coloring back to their natural color, or I have seen women with blonde/orange fried straw looking hair-leave it alone already!!!!!

I have nothing against people who shave or tweeze their brows away totally but PLEASE be sure you draw them on evenly and one has not been smudged off accidentally!

HMMM. I worked with a girl who the best I could figure out never washed her mascara off. It was always so thick and spidery that I don't think it would be possible to achieve without several days of it building up. Oh, and it was always flaking which made me think it was old.

Some of the most aggravating to me are the people who wear the wrong color of foundation and it looks like a mask. It still happens and I just cannot believe someone could still make such an error with even Cover Girl and Maybelline offering such sheer skin tone matching formulas. There is no excuse.

Please don't flame me for this one but I really dislike the Pam Anderson dark lipliner/no lipstick look. My ex boss actually dragged me into a department store last year to help her find a lip liner and a lipstick to make this look. It was a terrible feeling contributing to such a don't.

Another bad habit I have seen comes from a close friend. She'll spend money on makeup but won't even consider taking good care of her skin. She's under 35 and has very visible crows feet now. It's even in the inside corners of her eyes extending over to her nose. I used to see this a lot when I still worked at the counter. Loads of women by passing the skincare they so badly needed until they woke up one day with sun damage and wrinkles and then decided to do something about it.

Originally Posted by makeup_nerd /img/forum/go_quote.gif Any tattooed makeup!! It never looks good and never looks natural. eww. I forgot this one. Just don't
smile.gif
I'd rather see uneven brows than two perfect tatooed ones.

Theres this girl that my husband used to work with..blah blah... blah anyways I saw her in person one day and she had on white e/s on her lids and that dam black lip liner around her lips!! Ugh, I really don't like that on girls and not only that she used the liner to go UNDER her brows! So, you actually saw the line under her brows... just a complete mess.

In Northern Ireland, the general style for the past few years has been bleach blonde hair, and dark foundation.

It's disgusting.

I think the foundation is meant to look like tan or something but it looks eww.

I also hate when people put on their mascara, then eyeshadow. And they end up with powdery clumpy white eyelashes.

overplucked or not enough plucked eyebrows are a huge pet peeve.

but specifically, my friends mom is in real estate, she should have a makeover. she wears whitish foundation which pales her and chunky mascara and thick black liquid eyeliner. THATS IT SOMETIMES WE THINK SHE LOOKS LIKE A WITCH even though shes really nice, its sad, i want to help her.

Tangerine foundation, with a clear line around the jawline.

Heavy thick harsh jet black eyeliner all the way around the eyes.

Very red lipstick when they have really yellow teeth.

Eyebrows that are shaved off and drawn back on in a really bad way touching there hairline at the top of the forehead why oh why lol

Claire xx

I have to agree with Paula Begoun....blue eyeshadow should be illegal! (Not all blue eyeshadow, but the bright-blue-jump-out-at-you-doesn't-harmonize-with-anything-else-on-the-face eyeshadow. Especially on someone too young or too old to really pull it off well.

I agree with everyone, I hate when foundation looks like a mask, and too much bronzer that starts to look orange, and girls that tan too much in the middle of winter. Everybody else is pale you know it isnt a crime. They just dont look right that tanned in the middle of winter YOU CAN TELL ITS FAKE!! Is what Im getting at lol.

I have to say though I wear alot of black eyemakeup, tons of mascara (never clumpy or flaking or gross though), and I usually apply my eyeshadow after mascara just because my eyelashes are so long I always gets smudges under my browbone lol. I usually apply my eyeshadow wet though, and on a base, I hate fallout on my perfectly black lashes too lol.

Originally Posted by Faith-Abigail /img/forum/go_quote.gif I also hate when people refuse to wash their face; my sister will wear a face full of makeup, sleep in it all night, wake up and apply another coat of foundation and powder, smudge her eyeliner and call it a "smokey eye look." Sometimes, she'll do this for four or five days straight. Gross!

I am sorry, but this made me LOL!! lmao!

I was at the counter in Macy's looking over Estee Lauder's newest collection of eye shadows when the women behind the counter came over to talk with me. She must of been in her fifties but her makeup was out of the 70's! Bright blue eyeliner! Mascara so thick I don't know how she could of removed it without taking her eyelashes with it!

I tried really hard to listen to what she was saying about the newest colors but her eyelashes looked like butterflies trying to get away. I had to stop myself of giggling..

Her blush was a streak across her cheekbones like she has been using her face to show off the colors of the year...

I had to leave her I wanted so badly take a tissue and remove all her blush just for starters.. I have been back to Macy's, cause I am a makeup freak and buy perfume there, I have never saw her again.. It was funny and scary at the same time.. I always wondered who taught her how to do makeup and how could she sell it when she didn't look like she had a real clue on how to use it?

Doing makeup in the car while driving.

Wrong color makeup. Some people use a color that is too dark. They think that they look tan.

White pencil in the lower eye lid. Hate it.

Black lashes painted up the eye lid. ELVIRA.

Lips too dark and eyes too dark at the smae time. Do either the lips or the eyes,,,,not both.

Foundation not fully covering the face -- some clients just stop at the temple.

Blue solid blue eye shadow from the 60's.

Contacts the match the eyeshadow. Eswpecially is the shadows are not blended.

Back