Yuzen Spring (Feb Thru April) Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're funny!! 
smileno.gif
   I'm workin' on getting off the sub boxes!  As far as I know there's no login.  If you want to make any changes to your account or inquire, you e-mail Jennifer at Yuzen ([email protected]), and she'll take care of you.  Did you just sign up?  I know the February box flew off the shelves.  They'll re-up soon.

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Deenellie, I thought we had done an intervention
whipping.gif

I cannot find the login on the site. I have not gotten a shipping notice!

I got my box today!  It is just as wonderful as I dreamed it would be 
wink.gif
  Got my blog review up, and I really hope you all start getting shipping notices and boxes soon!  Their presentation of these boxes is so beautiful and thoughtfully done.  It may just be my new favorite!

Originally Posted by Deenellie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You're funny!! 
smileno.gif
   I'm workin' on getting off the sub boxes!  As far as I know there's no login.  If you want to make any changes to your account or inquire, you e-mail Jennifer at Yuzen ([email protected]), and she'll take care of you.  Did you just sign up?  I know the February box flew off the shelves.  They'll re-up soon.
Oh, yeah, I did in December

Really liked this box. Anyone have ideas for using the pretty yuzen paper? I think I will try and use it for frame matting.

Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really liked this box. Anyone have ideas for using the pretty yuzen paper? I think I will try and use it for frame matting.
I like to make handmade cards and this will be used for that.

I might be in the minority here, but I'll throw this out there incase anyone else agrees. I was disappointed with the Feb-April box. First of all, no full sized products. The largest sample was the espresso body scrub at 2 fl oz. The avocado banana mask was meaningless to me because you can request free samples from the company's website through this sample request form.  They'll send you a .5 oz sample and two smaller packet samples at no charge, and you get to choose the products. This is how the cost breakdown went for me using the sample sizes and the full-sized retail value: 

Value of box:

Perfume sample- $0.60

Bath salt sample- $2.26

Candle- $14

Marine repair cream- $14.40 (estimated sample at .3 oz) 

Mask- $6.25

Scrub- $12.80

Chocolate- $4.00

Lip stain- $6.25 (0.02 oz sample estimate and $25 full-sized at .08 oz)

Lip drink- $1.33 (0.02 oz sample estimate and $12 full-sized at .18 oz)

Lip plumper- $6.25 (0.02 oz sample estimate and $25 full-sized at .08 oz)

Total: $68.14

The two items inflating the value of the box are the candle and the repair cream, two items that are (in my opinion) way over-priced at their full-sized retail value. No way would I ever pay $14 for a mini candle barely the size of a shot glass. The lip treatments were incredibly drying on me (except the lip stain). The bath salts were useless to me because I don't use products with Brilliant Blue FCF (one of the reasons I got into natural products was to avoid artificial colorants that can give me a reaction). I think the product I was most satisfied with were the truffles, which is odd to say about a box aimed at skincare and beauty. I personally would pay around $5 for the mini candle, $7 for the espresso scrub, $5 for the facial cream sample, $4 for the chocolates, and maybe $5 for the lip stain. The rest of the products were either of no use to me or were available for free elsewhere. That's a personal value of only $26.

This is my first box after a mix-up with my January order and my first impression is to cancel this subscription and look into Goodebox for $16 every other month. 

No, you're not alone. Though I haven't received my box yet, I keep hoping I'll love it when it comes. From the spoilers I'm kinda bummed.

Originally Posted by Em123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I might be in the minority here, but I'll throw this out there incase anyone else agrees. I was disappointed with the Feb-April box. First of all, no full sized products. The largest sample was the espresso body scrub at 2 fl oz. The avocado banana mask was meaningless to me because you can request free samples from the company's website through this sample request form.  They'll send you a .5 oz sample and two smaller packet samples at no charge, and you get to choose the products. This is how the cost breakdown went for me using the sample sizes and the full-sized retail value: 

Value of box:

Perfume sample- $0.60

Bath salt sample- $2.26

Candle- $14

Mask- $6.25

Scrub- $12.80

Chocolate- $4.00

The two items inflating the value of the box are the candle and the repair cream, two items that are (in my opinion) way over-priced at their full-sized retail value. No way would I ever pay $14 for a mini candle barely the size of a shot glass. The lip treatments were incredibly drying on me (except the lip stain). The bath salts were useless to me because I don't use products with Brilliant Blue FCF (one of the reasons I got into natural products was to avoid artificial colorants that can give me a reaction). I think the product I was most satisfied with were the truffles, which is odd to say about a box aimed at skincare and beauty. I personally would pay around $5 for the mini candle, $7 for the espresso scrub, $5 for the facial cream sample, $4 for the chocolates, and maybe $5 for the lip stain. The rest of the products were either of no use to me or were available for free elsewhere. That's a personal value of only $26.

This is my first box after a mix-up with my January order and my first impression is to cancel this subscription and look into Goodebox for $16 every other month. 
Actually I am with you one that Goodebox idea. To me, this month's box was similar to what Goodebox does, but for $10 more. I once ordered a trial Goodebox and got a deluxe size Dr.Haushka milk cleanser, Josie Maran wipes (8), a deluxe soap, full size Tatcha blotting papers, and a small body lotion. So yes, if all the other Yuzen boxes will be like this one, I would go to Goodebox. Also, you can cancel, then wait for the announcement on their Brands page to see what they offer for this quarter and then just go and buy one gift box, that way you will not have to subscribe and will decide whether you want this particular selection or not. I would also advise to email/contact them through facebook and ask about the sizes of the products specifically, thus there will be no disappointment.

The value seems to be there - $68, but if they included just one full size lip product instead of 3 tiny ones, it would have been a win.

Just my thoughts on this box.

A good mail day...got my box and I love everything in it. Spa night for me!

Originally Posted by Eleda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Actually I am with you one that Goodebox idea. To me, this month's box was similar to what Goodebox does, but for $10 more. I once ordered a trial Goodebox and got a deluxe size Dr.Haushka milk cleanser, Josie Maran wipes (8), a deluxe soap, full size Tatcha blotting papers, and a small body lotion. So yes, if all the other Yuzen boxes will be like this one, I would go to Goodebox. Also, you can cancel, then wait for the announcement on their Brands page to see what they offer for this quarter and then just go and buy one gift box, that way you will not have to subscribe and will decide whether you want this particular selection or not. I would also advise to email/contact them through facebook and ask about the sizes of the products specifically, thus there will be no disappointment.

The value seems to be there - $68, but if they included just one full size lip product instead of 3 tiny ones, it would have been a win.

Just my thoughts on this box.
Hmmm sounds like I need to check out this goodebox. 

As I start to use the products I'm realizing that a little goes a long way, so I'm not as bummed about the size anymore. The scrub and the repair cream are very nice so far, though I don't see myself buying the full sized versions. I like the idea of an every other month option, but every three months is a bit too delayed for me. So I think I'm going to give Goodebox a try and cancel Yuzen for the time being. 

Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can't believe I didn't think of this! I am an avid reader. I am going to laminate it too.
Great idea on the laminating!

Value of box:

Perfume sample- $0.60

Bath salt sample- $2.26

Candle- $14

Mask- $6.25

Scrub- $12.80

Chocolate- $4.00

I actually filled out the sample request form! I'm super excited I said I wanted the banana mask and I really hope I get it! :) Plus they don't do animal testing which considering that Aveeno does, I hope that one of the moisturizer samples I picked works better or just as good! :)

Value of box:

Perfume sample- $0.60

Bath salt sample- $2.26

Candle- $14

Mask- $6.25

Scrub- $12.80

Chocolate- $4.00

Ooh, I ordered the samples, too.  I was wanting a second banana mask for a friend of mine, so hopefully they don't run out.  Thanks, I didn't notice that when I went to their site.

Between this box, popsugar and some of my other random subs products I am going to have a pamper myself weekend spa at home .... Sigh. I can't wait.

Back