Yuzen Spring (Feb Thru April) Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm interested in the cowgirl ranch hand cream. Anyone try it? The box price is same as sub, $26.
It's a solid cream, kind of like a salve. You have to warm it in your hands and then spread it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

hmm these don't look like things i'm interested in. and even if i was...i have so many products right now I haven't used any from my yuzen spring box! even though I like everything I got! lol...I need to get moving on my project pan!

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm interested in the cowgirl ranch hand cream. Anyone try it? The box price is same as sub, $26.
It's a solid cream, kind of like a salve. You have to warm it in your hands and then spread it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Is it a pain to spread? I've had those solid shea butters from L'Occitane before, and they're kind of a pain to use. I like the idea of them in the cute little tin, but every time I get one I remember why I don't like them.  

Originally Posted by sj52000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it a pain to spread? I've had those solid shea butters from L'Occitane before, and they're kind of a pain to use. I like the idea of them in the cute little tin, but every time I get one I remember why I don't like them.  
Imagine a hand cream in a form of a soap bar. You rub it in your hands a little and it melts and you moisturise. I tried it for my feet - very good for dry heels. Overall I'd give it a solid "B".

Originally Posted by Eleda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by sj52000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Imagine a hand cream in a form of a soap bar. You rub it in your hands a little and it melts and you moisturise. I tried it for my feet - very good for dry heels. Overall I'd give it a solid "B".

Thanks for the info - very helpful! I love the grading system! 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by sj52000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the info - very helpful! I love the grading system! 
smile.gif
Well, I'd probably give it a B- mainly because my hands are often cold so it takes a lot of extra time to actually get the bar to be warm enough so it finally melts.

I have been using the Spa Technologies Marine Repair Cream and, to be honest, I wasn't expecting to like it. Of course, I loved it. I have dry skin and after two weeks of use my skin is hydrated and soft and no dry patches. I use very little product so it is going to last awhile. Full size is $96. Yikes. I've never paid more than $50 for a moisturizer.

I have been using the Spa Technologies Marine Repair Cream and, to be honest, I wasn't expecting to like it. Of course, I loved it. I have dry skin and after two weeks of use my skin is hydrated and soft and no dry patches. I use very little product so it is going to last awhile. Full size is $96. Yikes. I've never paid more than $50 for a moisturizer.
i'm really liking it too. i think it smells like cookie dough.

I just realized that I haven't really tried anything yet from my Spring box! Aaah, looks like spa weekend for me! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was intrigued by the Marine Cream, since Clarks Marine Cream is supposedly super good, so I will give this one a try and see how I like it! Is it mainly for dry skin?

Originally Posted by Beeyutifull /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just realized that I haven't really tried anything yet from my Spring box! Aaah, looks like spa weekend for me! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was intrigued by the Marine Cream, since Clarks Marine Cream is supposedly super good, so I will give this one a try and see how I like it! Is it mainly for dry skin?
I think it is mainly an anti-aging product. 

Anybody else try the bath soak? The vivid blue color was a little startling. I liked it but not enough to purchase. 

I believe the only item in this box I didn't really care for was the parfum. The scent just didn't appeal to me :) 

I think it is mainly an anti-aging product. 

Anybody else try the bath soak? The vivid blue color was a little startling. I liked it but not enough to purchase. 

I believe the only item in this box I didn't really care for was the parfum. The scent just didn't appeal to me :) 
I disliked the parfum too. It's the only thing in the box that I won't use. It smells like old lady.

I read a forum "No More Dirty Looks" where they swear by that perfume, so I was excited to smell it, but ick!  I do love the Essence of Vali "Sleep" and use it every night to help me sleep, but I will not be wearing her signature perfume ever.

Originally Posted by Beeyutifull /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No the parfum was horrid. I hated it.
Definitely not my fave!  I'm loving the Jane Iredale lippies though! They're amazing!

I love the bath soak, marine lotion, and the avocado mask... Overall, I thought it was a great box!! 

Speaking of Vali, I got an email from them with a 20% code for the month of april. calm2013. Good on entire store.

I use the Essence of Vali Sleep Ritual too.  I used the entire vial..have so much going on all I do is lay in bed thinking and rethinking..this stuff was a blessing.  I ordered a full size bottle of it and the mist. I love it. I used the Yuzen code and it was still good.  They sent some samples along with my order, a little bottle of the Uplift Massage Oil and the Relief Bath Oil, and a little bottle of the EOV. Very nice touch!

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's so funny, lol. I actually liked the parfum.
I'll send it to you if you want. It's just sitting here taking up dust. Let me know and it's yours.

The bath soak and chocolates were my favourite things. I found the Jane Iredale products kind of dry, the candle bland and the face mask made my face feel like it was burning. I wouldn't wear the perfume on my skin, but I noticed they sell it in a room mist or bath oil and think it would be great for that. The marine repair cream and espresso scrub were nice to try and I'll use them up, but I wouldn't purchase them. I've been using the repair cream every day, and it barely seems to do anything besides smell really nice.

I thought it was just ok. I know the value is higher, but the items I liked were not worth the price of the box. I'm going to give it another try and am looking forward to the next box, but I'm not sure Yuzen is for me. 

Back