Yuzen Spring (Feb Thru April) Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did not realize the box would be so tiny....even with all the "hit or miss" from PopSugar, I rather spend $35 on the possibility of one full size fun product that I really like and would cover the cost of the box.  I expected at least a larger candle!  ​

I was pleased with the assortment of items. I would rather have three deluxe size lip products than one full size. I would agree though on the candle - very small, probably on par with a votive. 

Does Yuzen ship from California by UPS? lol, I have a box coming tomorrow and kind of wondering which company it's from. Hoping Yuzen.

Originally Posted by Inscape /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No it ships from Colorado and usually by USPS. 
Thank you! I am losing track of things lol. Must be NatureBox or another one. Hopefully I'll have Yuzen soon, I am so jealous of everyone who has it already.

when talking about costs, one should also take into account that it actually costs companies MORE to make travel size items (especially for those lip products).  i'm extremely happy with the box since these are all things I would consider splurging on but would not want to until i've tried each for awhile. and from the sound of it the samples go a long way. 

if you didn't like the products you shouldn't have subbed. i looked at the full size priced of each item before i bought the box and knew ahead of time that i would not be getting full size, since they are very expensive to begin with. so you can potentially "guess" what sizes will be coming to you.

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like to make handmade cards and this will be used for that.
Oooh that's cool, I'd love to see a picture/video or read a tutorial on how you do that!

Originally Posted by Em123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As I start to use the products I'm realizing that a little goes a long way, so I'm not as bummed about the size anymore. The scrub and the repair cream are very nice so far, though I don't see myself buying the full sized versions. I like the idea of an every other month option, but every three months is a bit too delayed for me. So I think I'm going to give Goodebox a try and cancel Yuzen for the time being. 
Totally agree, the size of the products can be deceiving! That's why I like "deluxe sample" sizes because they're plenty to use to see if you would like the product but they're not so big that you'd waste it.  As for the candle, I know the price seems ridiculous for it but I think the important thing is that you consider the 15-hour burn time. Now that is impressive! I like that far better than having to lug around some giant thing to get the same sort of burn time.

I checked out Goodebox and I don't know if it's the branding or just they seem to be more about quantity than quality, but it doesn't appeal to me. Hope you like it though!

Originally Posted by IffB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did not realize the box would be so tiny....even with all the "hit or miss" from PopSugar, I rather spend $35 on the possibility of one full size fun product that I really like and would cover the cost of the box.  I expected at least a larger candle!  ​
That's quite a risk! I'd rather have more items to try that I would like than one single large item that I might love or hate... if that was the case, why not just go and buy the full size to begin with?  It seems like you'd get the same result.  Haha the candle may be small, but it packs a mighty punch! I've never seen a candle so small have such a LONG burn time.  Pretty neat, actually.

Got my first Yuzen box today (I just subscribed last week).  What a great box!  I can totally see why people love this sub!!

Hey guys, so I absolutely fell in love with my Feb-April Box. And I'm so sad that they're only doing it 4x a year. Do any of you know a box similar in both price and product with Yuzen? I was thinking the closest is SeasonBox, but you only get 4-5 items for $35. I'm not really sure if it's worth the splurge.

Originally Posted by IffB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i looked at the full size priced of each item before i bought the box and knew ahead of time that i would not be getting full size, since they are very expensive to begin with. so you can potentially "guess" what sizes will be coming to you.
I'm not too familiar with eco-friendly brands out there, so my initial impression was that the box contained too many "tiny samples" for $26.  I was curious about the actual sample costs.  Although many of the products I received didn't give the exact size of the samples, I estimated their sizes with products I own and did a product/cost breakdown for some of them...

Jane Iredale Lip & Cheek Stain

0.08 oz. for $25.00 (full size)

0.05 oz. for $15.62 (sample)

Jane Iredale Lip plumper

Jane Iredale Lip Drink

0.50 oz. for $12.00 (full size)

0.05 oz. for $1.20 (sample)
Those (3) products alone are estimated to be worth about $30+ 
jawsdown.gif
... I couldn't believe it lol.  I'm glad those were expensive products because they were my favorite from this box.  However, I did cancel my subscription because I wasn't a fan of many of the products.  

Originally Posted by bumbeaute /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not too familiar with eco-friendly brands out there, so my initial impression was that the box contained too many "tiny samples" for $26.  I was curious about the actual sample costs.  Although many of the products I received didn't give the exact size of the samples, I estimated their sizes with products I own and did a product/cost breakdown for some of them...

Jane Iredale Lip & Cheek Stain

Jane Iredale Lip plumper

Jane Iredale Lip Drink

0.50 oz. for $12.00 (full size)

0.05 oz. for $1.20 (sample)
Those (3) products alone are estimated to be worth about $30+ 
jawsdown.gif
... I couldn't believe it lol.  I'm glad those were expensive products because they were my favorite from this box.  
wow they were that close to the full size?? they seem really small!! the full size must be smaller than a normal lip product

The lip and cheek stain was my fav product from the box. I also really liked the mask. Thanks for the cost info.

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wow they were that close to the full size?? they seem really small!! the full size must be smaller than a normal lip product
Yeah, I don't know if you guys have seen the elf Lip Plumper / Primer -- but it's almost the exact same size as that.  The packaging is way bigger than the products lol...

For reference: elf lip primer & plumper is 0.11 oz total, each product side is about 0.05 oz.  The Jane Iredale products are a tad bit thinner so they're prob between 0.04 - 0.05 oz.

Did anyone purchase the Yuzen favorites gift box? They recently sold out of the Spring boxes and are offering a one-time "favorites" box instead right now until the Summer box in May. I was intrigued because it's not a recurring subscription and I wasn't a member when these previous samples were sent out. Anyone have experience with these products in past Yuzen boxes? 

http://www.yuzenbox.com/gift-yuzen-favorites/

Did anyone purchase the Yuzen favorites gift box? They recently sold out of the Spring boxes and are offering a one-time "favorites" box instead right now until the Summer box in May. I was intrigued because it's not a recurring subscription and I wasn't a member when these previous samples were sent out. Anyone have experience with these products in past Yuzen boxes? 

I actually saw that and was thinking about getting it, but I think I'm just going to wait for the summer box instead.

Of the brands listed, I've received the Ambre Blends (really liked them...so expensive or I would have purchased), Jamu massage oil (meh...I ended up giving away), Red Flower Wash and Cream (really liked), Zents bath salts (there were two...loved them both).

I'm interested in the cowgirl ranch hand cream. Anyone try it? The box price is same as sub, $26.

Back