August 2015 PopSugar Must Have Box *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww, I love this box! I wish they still had some left. I think I'm going to resubscribe for September. My last box was March. I'm not really a summer girl anyway, so skipping the summer months was a good thing for me. I am totally in for a Fall LE box and I'm definitely in for September-December. Those are my favorite months!

Edit: Is the YogaWorks site good? I might try it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm... I'm torn. This seems like a really good Fall box and I love Fall, but I'm not really loving any item in is box. The scarf looks like one of those things that I will either love or hate. I still wear the scarf from the Nov 2013 box, so maybe I will end up loving this one as much as that. The mug is super cute, but I have too many mugs. It will make a cute gift. Another fail for the food item though. They havent had a good food item all year. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was thinking of writing in my own "words" on the mug. . Doesn't that offset scream write something? Wondering if I'd end up wearing marker board on my face if I tried non permanent for kicks and giggles

Looks like I might have my box as early as tomorrow or Thursday which is crazy fast. Last month it took a week and half (granted it shipped from California for some reason). 

The more pics I see of the scarf the less I dig it. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Looks like I might have my box as early as tomorrow or Thursday which is crazy fast. Last month it took a week and half (granted it shipped from California for some reason). 

The more pics I see of the scarf the less I dig it. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Sorry you don't like the scarf :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.  I m the opposite the more I see it the more I want it.  I want to be out apple picking and pumpkin picking wearing it right now lol.  Hopefully once you get it you love it and the rest of your goodies :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ramblingsofasuburban mom says "The scarf pattern/color may vary".  I am fine with all that I saw on the site but I would really prefer the red version or the buffalo check one. My box still says "processing" but I have sometimes come home to my box waiting for me before their site updates.  I also just re-subbed for 3 months.  Hopefully, there will be a good Black Friday code to re-sub in December for 3-6 months. I think I am going to cancel GB and just do PSMH for a while.  I am looking forward to the Fall LE Box, too.

http://www.ramblingsofasuburbanmom.com/2015/08/popsugar-must-have-box-full-august-2015-spoilers/

Ok, when I re-subbed today I did not notice the sneaky little box (already checked may I add) that said you wanted to be waitlisted for the August box (which I am already getting on my current sub).  I just got an email saying my new sub will now start with the August box.  I am attempting to remedy this but got a patronizing "You will LOVE the August box" reply on FB so I am not hopeful.  If I get stuck with two and someone wants to purchase it, please let me know.  Not looking to make a profit - just would want what I paid + shipping.

Thanks!

I got my box today! Overall I think it'll get used for the most part, and as usual, I like it more in person than spoilers.

Mug: Pretty standard...nothing special about it. I like that it was in the box though because one of my dogs knocked over my beloved Bodum mug this weekend, so I'm down a mug. Bodum mugs from a couple years ago were way nicer, but still an okay replacement for now.

Pancake mix: Love waffles but I only like Birthday Cake flavored things for a couple bites then they get really old. Sometimes the kids I used to nanny and my roommate's kid sister spend the night though, so they'd probably love it for breakfast. There's a vegan recipe on the back and one of my best friends is vegan, so who knows, she may end up with it.

Lunchbox: A little bigger than the last lunch box we got...actually, I think we've gotten two lunch boxes in the past couple years and I believe it's slightly larger than both. I lost one of those and the other melted in the dishwasher, so a replacement will be good. There is a cloth stretchy thing that helps keep it securely closed, and I could see that maybe getting yucky after awhile. Could double as a headband, lol. It really could though.

Eye cream: I find eye cream to be just overpriced face moisturizer, but I'll give it a try. I don't think there's a fragrance or perfume, which will be good for those with more sensitive skin. 

Napkins: Can be used for a party or something.

Scarf: The scarf is double sided with two different patterns, not sure if that's been mentioned on here as I haven't really read through. One side is plaid and the other is blue gingham. Both are not really my style, but it should be easy to find something to wear with. They seem good for fall and could definitely be cute if paired with the right thing.

I'm super excited about the yoga subscription. I've been trying to do yoga every day, so this will be nice!

Also received a Folgers Iced Caramel Macchiato coffee flavored squeeze thing. I don't drink coffee but my roommate will like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like my package is taking the scenic route. It was supposed to be here yesterday. I live in New York. The package started in New York. Then went to New Jersey, Connecticut, and is now in Massachusetts. It now says I should receive it on Saturday. What is this. :/ 

It looks like my package is taking the scenic route. It was supposed to be here yesterday. I live in New York. The package started in New York. Then went to New Jersey, Connecticut, and is now in Massachusetts. It now says I should receive it on Saturday. What is this. :/ 
Gotta love Smart Post. I live in New York too and mine leaves NY goes to NJ then OH back to PA then comes back to me in NY, usually takes about 7 days!

I was thinking of the coffee powder as the food item, but I just realized it's actually the waffle mix. So, a good food find for the first time this year. Hopefully, that is a sign that they will be including food finds again.

It looks like my package is taking the scenic route. I live in New York. The package started in New York. Then went to New Jersey, Connecticut, and is now in Massachusetts. 
I live in Massachusetts and I love that boxes being shipped to NY from NY are getting here quicker than boxes being shipped here! Oh, smartpost...

i got my box and I love it!  The scarf is awesome!  I got the same pattern and color from the spoiler pictures (the info card doesn't say there are variations) the scarf isn't as heavy as it looks tho its a nice cotton gauzy material.   Perfect fall scarf! The only thing I may not use is the napkins, I see myself saving them for a celebration and totally forgetting about them lol. I m using the coffee mug and it makes me smile.  I love positive sayings on things, definitely need more of that in life.  BEST DAY EVER! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't even have tracking info yet, it's still processing. Seems like every month it takes longer and longer. I hate Smartpost, it takes forever to get my box and it doesn't have to leave the state! I think I'm going to really like it once I have it though. I know people are tired of scarves, but I was hoping to get some in boxes, and my first one came in Luxor Box last month.

Looks like some folks who selected "earlier month" option after August closed will be getting a box. Someone on FB was complaining as they didnt realize it was an opt-in (more like an opt-out).  

Looks like some folks who selected "earlier month" option after August closed will be getting a box. Someone on FB was complaining as they didnt realize it was an opt-in (more like an opt-out).  
That was me. Yes, not happy as it is not clear and the box is already checked and not easily noticeable. They are also pretty patronizing in their responses.  Not the end of the world but feels a little sneaky to me.

I just got an e-mail that I am getting the August box! I did want it though.

I don't really think it's sneaky. Most people don't subscribe and re-subscribe and when they hear about PopSugar they want a box ASAP. I remember when boxes would sell out 2-3 months in advance and getting an earlier box was a huge awesome deal!

I just got an e-mail that I am getting the August box! I did want it though.

I don't really think it's sneaky. Most people don't subscribe and re-subscribe and when they hear about PopSugar they want a box ASAP. I remember when boxes would sell out 2-3 months in advance and getting an earlier box was a huge awesome deal!
The only part that is sneaky imho is that the box is pre-checked and then they hold you to it.  I don't like that. Let ME check the box.  It's my money and I get to choose what I am paying for.

Back