Birchbox Points Savers Support Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking I want to save up for something awesome, like a Clarisonic, or one bigger ticket item like one of the makeup or skincare sets. I usually end up spending points on a variety of small items, but I'm thinking it'd be better to buy a bigger splurge I normally wouldn't.

I'm at 600 points right now, and Feb is my 9th month. Did I read correctly that you don't get anymore 20% off coupons after 9? If so I think I'll do my big cash in then.

I've been contemplating getting myself a 2nd sub, so I may see about doing that in Feb so I can get myself over to 700 points after reviewing Feb's products, and then I'll do the big splurge.

Should I get something practical I need (like moisturizer) or something more fun and splurgey (like makeup)?? 

I kinda want a clarasonic but I am saving all my points until december so I can splurge for my bday.

I just started up with Birchbox again, and I ran my account out when I cancelled. So, now that I'm starting up again, I think I'm going to join you guys and *attempt* to save up all of my points until December and then go on a little spree, but we shall see what happens. I may need a lot of help:)

I think I might just stop going on the Birchbox site (with the exception of doing my reviews) and just pretending like it isn't there. That should make it a bit easier, right?

I think I might just stop going on the Birchbox site (with the exception of doing my reviews) and just pretending like it isn't there. That should make it a bit easier, right?
Same here...just gonna grab my points and GTF outta there lol!

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by shandimessmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same here...just gonna grab my points and GTF outta there lol!

hahahaha exactly:) Just act like it's on fire. Or, act like your computer will get a virus if you stay on for more than 5 min or something. it does work, believe it or not. Well, for me anyways. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I find it easy to convince myself that they might add a bunch of stuff that's even better *next month*!  And then next month rolls around, and there might be even better stuff next next month!  Repeat for, like, a year.  I was specifically saving my points for special edition boxes, and then the holiday home one came out, and i was initially ALL READY TO ORDER NAO!, but I decided to wait and see what else was coming out in the next couple of weeks and whether they were going to be sending out a good discount code, and, well, I never did get around to placing that order.

Another thing:  Map out how many points you will probably have and what you can get if you save them up.  Knowing I get to order a specific thing guilt-free if I can just hold out until a certain date helps me.  And then half the time, I've talked myself out of that thing (so I don't order it) and have decided on another more expensive thing, so the whole process starts over.  I really, *really* need to learn how to do this with actual money.

I'm thinking of saving up for the Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face cream. I'd love to save up like 600+ points and splurge on a few things; I'm only at 163 points currently so we shall see how my willpower holds! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I find it easy to convince myself that they might add a bunch of stuff that's even better *next month*!  And then next month rolls around, and there might be even better stuff next next month!  Repeat for, like, a year.  I was specifically saving my points for special edition boxes, and then the holiday home one came out, and i was initially ALL READY TO ORDER NAO!, but I decided to wait and see what else was coming out in the next couple of weeks and whether they were going to be sending out a good discount code, and, well, I never did get around to placing that order.

Another thing:  Map out how many points you will probably have and what you can get if you save them up.  Knowing I get to order a specific thing guilt-free if I can just hold out until a certain date helps me.  And then half the time, I've talked myself out of that thing (so I don't order it) and have decided on another more expensive thing, so the whole process starts over.  I really, *really* need to learn how to do this with actual money.
Ha! I wholeheartedly agree with you here. I need to learn to do the same!

After finally retrying the Clark's Marine Cream that I got in a trade about a year ago, I think I'm hooked.  I don't know if my skin has changed or what, but I can really see a difference in how even my skintone becomes, how well it treats minor discolorations, and how smooth my face (and neck!) actually look.  

I doubt anyone is going to let go of their samples, so I think I may have to hoard my points to be able to have enough to take a big chunk out of the $115 pricetag.  I may keep an account solely devoted to getting points to buy that cream!

As of now I have 447 on the main account and 369 on the other, but I only have until the 18th of July to spend all of them.  That's 6 months of reviewing, so hopefully around 300 points.  Looks like I'm going to have to try to rack up some points with the bonus deals they send out!

Must... have... marine cream!  
drunken_smilie.gif

Make that 498 on the main account.  Best year ever promo got me!  Hello Naked Princess Luscious gloss in barely coral and pick two sample pack with Sedu argan oil + Jouer lip enhancer that I've never tried.  $26 for 51 points.  Meh.

Originally Posted by vogliadivintage /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Make that 498 on the main account.  Best year ever promo got me!  Hello Naked Princess Luscious gloss in barely coral and pick two sample pack with Sedu argan oil + Jouer lip enhancer that I've never tried.  $26 for 51 points.  Meh.
It's probably best if you don't post about extra points deals on the BB pts saving thread LOL! 

Lol, kinda like offering a recovering alcoholic a shot? We toe the line all over this forum! My mantra is..waittilApril, waittilApril!! I've stayed out of the shop and keep reminding myself that I can go nuts and really splurge in my birthday month.

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's probably best if you don't post about extra points deals on the BB pts saving thread LOL! 
but I didn't actually use my points.  I made more points!  Mwa haha!

I currently have 210 points after spending 300 for my birthday in November. It really is addicting..I had no problems saving those points but once you spend them and see how much you save. . :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm trying to save for the Scalisi moisturizer which is $110 but my 9 month anniversary is in February.. HELP!!

i have 430 points in my account right now at month 5.  My Goal is to make it to Month 9 and use my 20% off code and all my points to buy a Clarisonic.   I've come so close to using them though... like at Christmas when they had the discounts on Gift Sets; I wanted that One Lone Serum Set so bad!

Back