Birchbox Points Savers Support Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to be at 1086 on my main account (the one that I hoard points on) after April reviews. I need to figure out when some of these are going to expire and spend them.
Wow that's some great will power right there.

so glad i found this thread! im new to BB - march being my first month and i am up to 100 already but i know i want to keep my points so i can purchase a bunch down the road. 

OK ladies, I was good last month and haven't caved! I'm pretty broke right now so that's been a great motivator to save a bunch of points so I can buy stuff with them and not have to spend actual money haha!

I am now at 238 and 246, yay me! 
icon_cheers.gif

How are you all doing? It's time for our once a month support group check-in lol!

i had 648 saved up and used 600 a week ago when i got the 25% off code for my 1yr anniversary.  i got a mix of stuff: Caldrea body wash, Zoya remover, Anastasia brow gel, and then a couple of items from the home shop.  i didn't get as much as i would have liked but i didn't pay a penny so it's not bad.

I'm at 426 on my main account and 174 on my second. I'm only going to keep my second account through June, cash in my points and cancel. I'm getting sample overload with all of the subs I get, so I think having one BB will do me. I do intend to keep saving my points on my main account until I get my one year code and then splurge!

Originally Posted by Jess Bailey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i had 648 saved up and used 600 a week ago when i got the 25% off code for my 1yr anniversary.  i got a mix of stuff: Caldrea body wash, Zoya remover, Anastasia brow gel, and then a couple of items from the home shop.  i didn't get as much as i would have liked but i didn't pay a penny so it's not bad.
worship.gif
 I praise your patience and not getting twitchy fingers with your points!

I love the Zoya remover!  What stuff from the home shop did you get?

I typically save up to around 300 points and then buy something. I'm very careful with what I spend my points on because I hate wasting them. I just used 300 points yesterday and made sure I got free shipping items, and that my total was as close to $30 as possible. It was $29.98! I hate wasting points since they take them in 100 increments, but i think I did pretty good this time.

I have over 400 points for the first time in a long time and I'm trying to hold out..I know I've got 50 points coming from a referral and I haven't reviewed this months items yet. Eventually there will be a coupon code and its going to pay off so nicely but HOW do I control myself...lol

I have 888 and I am trying to save them to gift myself a sub.

Wow!!! That's great! Are those mostly from doing surveys and referrals or so do you make a good deal of purchases from the BB shop? I usually let myself save up to 300 and wait for a code. I did get to around 400 or so once? I used the points to pick up essentials and gifts.

I have 760 points on one account, and 152 on the other. I don't have any referrals, this is strictly from reviewing products, or when they issued the "sorry" points.I'm trying to save until my b-day in September but I don't think I'll last that long hahah

Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow!!! That's great! Are those mostly from doing surveys and referrals or so do you make a good deal of purchases from the BB shop?

I usually let myself save up to 300 and wait for a code. I did get to around 400 or so once? I used the points to pick up essentials and gifts.

I have no referrals, I have made a few purchase from the shop but atleast 300 of those points are from them messing up on my boxes.

Main account -- will be at 1037 after I try and review the tea!

Auxiliary account 1 -- 240 (I'm *really* hoping next month is a 6-item month!)

Auxiliary account 2 -- 298 (AAAARGH!)

WOWZA!!! You go girl! Are you saving up for anything in particular?

Main account -- will be at 1037 after I try and review the tea!

Auxiliary account 1 -- 240 (I'm *really* hoping next month is a 6-item month!)

Auxiliary account 2 -- 298 (AAAARGH!)

Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WOWZA!!! You go girl! Are you saving up for anything in particular?
Not really.  I just find it really, really easy to save points for some reason.  I'm the same way with gift certificates or cards.  Saving real money is a completely different story!  Birchbox seems to tend to have some good stuff during the holidays (stila sets!), but I actually think I need to place an order soon because it looks like a chunk of these will be expiring at the end of the month.  I got a bunch of points last year around this time due to referrals and an order that resulted in extra bonus points.  I'm just dragging my feet because there hasn't been a Plus 2 that has really appealed to me, and I don't like to place an order unless I can get extra goodies.

I got a 6 month code on my 2nd sub, so I ended up cashing in my points and between making two orders, I was able to leave just 20 points. I won't feel bad about canceling that one, lol. I had to work it out so that I didn't leave too many. It seemed like I was losing money. 
rolleyes.gif
 As soon as I receive my order, I will cancel that sub. Now, to resist temptation on my main account until my year anniversary - October.

Originally Posted by JimmyJazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

worship.gif
 I praise your patience and not getting twitchy fingers with your points!

I love the Zoya remover!  What stuff from the home shop did you get?
i got the radish print utility knife and the bamboo utensil set. and i just realized how boring my order really was for $60.  {{sad trombone}}  oh well.

I practiced restraint today...
smile.gif
 I loaded up my cart with the Suki cleanser, A Deborah Lippman polish (Across the Universe), Tweezerman mini tweezers and a pick two. I wasn't thrilled with the pick two choices and realized that I don't really NEED any of that (except for maybe the tweezers...I really do need a new on e of those). I've got plenty of exfoliators to last a while and I was only going to order it because everyone loved it so much. I figure that stuff will likely still be in the store when I get my next code. Or, maybe the CEW boxes will be super awesome and I'll have the points available for that. My balance after reviewing this month's box is 560.

I ordered with the pick 2 the day I got an email that they were available again. Got notified they are out of stick and getting 100 sorry points.... Not a bad solution.

So...  Now that we've figured out the point flip, does anyone find it easier to hoard points/gift cards than when we had to use points within twelve months or lose them? 

I currently have more than $60 in gift cards (hooray, resubscription codes!) *plus* more than 400 points on my primary account that I will flip to a $50 gift card in a couple of months after I hit 500 (I'm ignoring the points on my secondary and tertiary accounts right now since I think both are under 100 at the moment) -- and there's not really anything in the store I'm particularly interested in!  Oh, well.  Secret Santa is right around the corner.  Maybe they'll get the CEW boxes or some other want-it-but-don't-want-to-spend-money-on-it LE box(es) soon.  Or holiday gift sets.  *Why* can't I save actual *money* the way I can save points?

And before I started flipping, I lost hundreds of points, so I would buy random stuff I didn't even particularly want -- tea, eyeliner, lipstick -- just so I wouldn't lose out on getting free stuff, so the gc thing is really helping keep me from buying crap that I later look at and think, "*Why* did I get that?  Oh, right, I was going to lose my points, and I needed *something* that cost eight bucks to fill out the order so I didn't lose out on points."

Back