Circular Swap Round 4: Intro2

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to MUT, BonnieBBon! @beautynewbie- yayyyyy!!! You got your hands on some kloraine!!! Hope you love it as much as i do! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Beautynewbie!! OMG - just saw some Benefit They're Real Mascara that you put in. Day is made... definitely takin' that one! Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Welcome BonnieBBon!

I'm in NoCal and grew up is SoCal! The fourth round of this circular swap just started at he beginning of July, so it might not be until about October or November-ish until we start a sign-up for a new round. But fear not, this will give you a chance to play around a bit on MUT.... There's a nail polish circular swap that should be signing up in a couple of months (just search for Nail Polish Circular Swap). And I think last year there was a secret santa that started sign-ups in early November.  Just join up with the group listed under Circular Swap Participants. And you can always start a trade list to get rid of those samples for something you'd use!

See you around the forums!

Originally Posted by BonnieBBon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hello ladies
smile.gif
I'm a super newbie here at MUT & subs in general but I'm already amassing quite a pile ( actually 2 DRAWERS full ) of things I won't use. This sounds SO FUN! I would love to join a group but am clueless as to how I can get in on this good thing! I decided to ask here because a) Im in Cali and B) you all seem so nice! I hope I haven't broken any rules!!! Also, due to my Sephora/Ulta addiction I have so many samples from them too. My local Ulta always runs out of the free gift w/purchase fast so they load me up with deluxe samples! But I digress
smile.gif
if anyone can steer me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it! Thank you!!

So happy that you took the hair stuff I put in for you! Looks you added some nice goodies, I love watching all the give and take :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow tgoober thank you so much for the welcome and the much needed info! I am so happy I followed my heart & posted here even tho I wasn't sure I was in the right place. You've all made me feel so welcome & not like an annoying noob ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm only bringing this up because of the nail polish swap; 2 1/2 years ago out of the blue for a healthy young(ish) person who had been 40 less than a week I had a stroke. Quickly followed by a second. I'm much better now. To look or talk to me you'd never know but I do have deficits I'm stuck with. Like I ramble as I'm doing now! The other is my left hand just won't cooperate when it comes to polishing my nails. I have a huge tub full of O.P.I. polish, several bottles of their diamond dust series too. I wouldn't feel right asking for something in return because they've all been used but only once or twice per bottle. I HATE that my $ is sitting in a tub going to waste. Soooo the point of that is I have A LOT of polish I'd be happy to donate to your groups swap. I am a beauty junkie but am just recently good enough to go back to putting on makeup everyday ( boy is that something I took for granted!) but was so behind on what's been happening in the makeup world. I didnt even know sub boxes existed until I found this site. I don't want to sound cheesy but this community of makeup lovers has done so much in such a short time to catch me up but more important remind me of a part of me I love so much & missed so badly even tho I was to busy kicking P.T. & rehab a@@ to realize it. The icing on the cupcake is how nice people are here. I've felt so welcome, even when I ask "dumb" questions. All that is TOTALLY worth a tub of OPI ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm in NoCal too btw! Nice to meet ya "neighbor" :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Sorry this was book length! If you want the polish just let me know!

Btw, *SQUEEEE* I LOVE secret Santa!! I don't even care what I get they are just so dang fun to shop for!! It's like walking around with perma-grin for me I love it that much!!

Originally Posted by BonnieBBon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow tgoober thank you so much for the welcome and the much needed info! I am so happy I followed my heart & posted here even tho I wasn't sure I was in the right place. You've all made me feel so welcome & not like an annoying noob
wink.gif
I'm only bringing this up because of the nail polish swap; 2 1/2 years ago out of the blue for a healthy young(ish) person who had been 40 less than a week I had a stroke. Quickly followed by a second. I'm much better now. To look or talk to me you'd never know but I do have deficits I'm stuck with. Like I ramble as I'm doing now! The other is my left hand just won't cooperate when it comes to polishing my nails. I have a huge tub full of

O.P.I. polish, several bottles of their diamond dust series too. I wouldn't feel right asking for something in return because they've all been used but only once or twice per bottle. I HATE that my $ is sitting in a tub going to waste. Soooo the point of that is I have A LOT of polish I'd be happy to donate to your groups swap. I am a beauty junkie but am just recently good enough to go back to putting on makeup everyday ( boy is that something I took for granted!) but was so behind on what's been happening in the makeup world. I didnt even know sub boxes existed until I found this site. I don't want to sound cheesy but this community of makeup lovers has done so much in such a short time to catch me up but more important remind me of a part of me I love so much & missed so badly even tho I was to busy kicking P.T. & rehab a@@ to realize it. The icing on the cupcake is how nice people are here. I've felt so welcome, even when I ask "dumb" questions. All that is TOTALLY worth a tub of OPI
wink.gif

I'm in NoCal too btw! Nice to meet ya "neighbor"
biggrin.gif

Sorry this was book length! If you want the polish just let me know!
Wow! So glad you are ok and back on the road to doing the things you love.

Originally Posted by beautynewbie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey y'all! We have finally made it home and was so happy to have the box waiting for me.

Here's some pics of what was in the box

And here's what went in and out

Hoping y'all enjoy what I put in. I'm planning on mailing the box out tomorrow morning! Sorry y'all for the delay
smile.gif
AHHHHHH COOLA AND DEMETER! 

amazing, I am so stoked for the box to come :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

:DDDD

soooon little coola's you will be mineeeeeee

Originally Posted by tnorth1852 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Gypsie - I got the rose essence coola in my bag -- do you want that one, too? or just the unscented? Anybody else want it? If so, I'll toss it in. Newbie - safe travels! and like Kristine said -- not selfish at all.
I'll take all the coola I can find :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

and a demeter if that is in there too :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

We definitely need to do a second round, I have way to many things to put in. 

Does anybody have any requests for specific brands to be put in? I have seriously so many, I might not think would make for a good swap sample. but maybe somebody else is dying to try the brand :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Personally I prefer makeup  (lip stuff especially ) and any Korean BB/CC creams. My favorite brands are Dr Jart+, Skin79, UD, Stila, theBalm, 29 Cosmetics, Paul & Joe Beaute,, Modelco.

I'd like to know brands and types everyone wants too, I'm getting the 2nd go-round stash put together.

I am a fan of theBalm, Cargo, Benefit, Twistband, LAFACE primer, Suki products, Leave in conditioners, JR watkins (obsession.)!

I'm a huge fan of trying new mascaras. I love nail polish - currently in search of a good base coat. I'm also a huge fan of blush, eye shadows, etc. I'm pretty "safe" with lip product (i.e. I don't like anything too bright). Letssss seeee.... I love nail polish strips.

I think I have some Dr. Jart+ that I will toss in the box!

I've got some of those brands to throw in for the second round!!!

Originally Posted by tnorth1852 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am a fan of theBalm, Cargo, Benefit, Twistband, LAFACE primer, Suki products, Leave in conditioners, JR watkins (obsession.)!

I'm a huge fan of trying new mascaras. I love nail polish - currently in search of a good base coat. I'm also a huge fan of blush, eye shadows, etc. I'm pretty "safe" with lip product (i.e. I don't like anything too bright). Letssss seeee.... I love nail polish strips.

I think I have some Dr. Jart+ that I will toss in the box!

I put in a Suki sample in the box and just got another one that I will toss in for the second round.I realized I sealed the box before I put the lush lacquer in, so I'll make sure to add that and some nail strips too. I am a hair styling product and wipe hoarder lol and wear no lip products. I'll try most brands once. bTW whoever put the off brand "spin pins" in, I love you! I've been playing with them all morning :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you jkwynn :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm riding a wave of happy playing with my new makeup lol I can't believe I forgot how much fun I have! Side note have any of you tried Korres? I am obsessed. It's crazy watching their uhmazing products erasing my couple years of neglect. In less than a month the wild rose sleeping facial TOTALLY SMOOTHED OUT an acne scar I've had on my cheek since I was a teenager. I srsly thought it was permanent & had no expectation of that happening. So yeah.....obsessed!!! Ok, I'll quit butting in the swap talk :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> just wondered if any of you have tried this brand & what you think. Cuz did I mention obsessed?

Personally I prefer makeup  (lip stuff especially ) and any Korean BB/CC creams. My favorite brands are Dr Jart+, Skin79, UD, Stila, theBalm, 29 Cosmetics, Paul & Joe Beaute,, Modelco. I'd like to know brands and types everyone wants too, I'm getting the 2nd go-round stash put together.
I am a fan of theBalm, Cargo, Benefit, Twistband, LAFACE primer, Suki products, Leave in conditioners, JR watkins (obsession.)! I'm a huge fan of trying new mascaras. I love nail polish - currently in search of a good base coat. I'm also a huge fan of blush, eye shadows, etc. I'm pretty "safe" with lip product (i.e. I don't like anything too bright). Letssss seeee.... I love nail polish strips. I think I have some Dr. Jart+ that I will toss in the box!
Okay awesome, I think I have plenty for everybody to enjoy plus lots more!

Back