December 2013 -- Square Hue SPOILERS

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by credit22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  When do we usually receive another preview picture?
I don't remember, but I'm sure getting excited to see one!  hint hint hint, SquareHue.....

Me too!  So excited to see what we get.  I think my box should be here on Monday; at least, I hope so.  :-D

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ooh, the USPS in Miami has it in their hands!  I might have it in mine on Monday!

I'm hoping for Monday as well. But its also Holiday shipping season, so it might take a bit longer this month.

I've been keeping my eye on this sub for a while and finally decided to sub. Lookig forward to getting my first box. Missed out on the black Friday special, but I've managed to score some decent deals today, so that's ok.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ooh, the USPS in Miami has it in their hands!  I might have it in mine on Monday!
My estimated delivery per USPS is Monday! They've been accurate, if not early, with my stuff so far but I'm expecting things to slow down a ton now. Can't wait to see spoilers, hopefully there are some tomorrow :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just checked again and my scheduled delivery date is Monday too, and I'm all the way in Montana.  Yippee!  Congrats to the people who were able to score the free box deal.  I hope all the new subscribers like SqH as much as I do.  Have you all seen the polishes from their very first box last December?  Here's the post that enticed me to sign up:  http://www.thepolishaholic.com/2012/12/SquareHue-December-2012-Swatches-Review.html#more

I did a roundup blog post of all of the boxes from the whole first year the other day.  The thing I was surprised about when I was going through the colors is how few of these colors I actually *love*, but it's still my favorite sub.  I think the consistency of billing and shipping helps a lot, as does the very thing that a lot of people hate:  I have no control over the colors, and I don't know what they are until boxes start landing -- and sometimes not until I open my own box.  They really break me out of my blue/silver/green rut.  They even got me to wear *orange*!  Multiple times!  I hate the color orange, and I happily wore two different shades of it this year!  I still will only wear a pink nail polish on Mother's Day, though.  I think they do a good job at not churning out variations of the same reds, pinks, etc. month after month (*cough*Julep*cough*), and that's probably because they only do three colors a month.  It's easier to not repeat yourself when you limit your scope/numbers and build your collection around a theme like SH does.  

Anyway.  Mine is scheduled to arrive Monday, too!  We'll see if that happens.  It would be great if it does because Monday and Tuesday are almost certain to suck hellaciously because it's month-end *and* weekend catchup.  If not, well, I'm wear-testing some wraps, and I had decided to keep them on until the wear clearly indicated that they *need* to come off.  I wonder if they'll send some sort of first anniversary celebratory color.  If it wasn't for the theme this month, I would hope for a shade that reflects wood because (a) Christmas trees and ( B) traditional first anniversary present, but that doesn't really fit the theme of New York City unless it was referencing the tree at Rockefeller Center (that's the big tree, right?).  

I'm also really looking forward to wearing the Santa Luxe collection again!  I almost always wear a month's colors only during that month (exceptions:  patriot for the 50th anniversary of _Doctor Who_, dear john for a pedicure in the summer), so these have been in storage since January, and I absolutely love champagne toast.  It was the color I thought I would *never* wear because golds don't work for me, but that pink cast made it magical.  I'm really hoping for another foil in pretty much any shade but orange because I'm finding that I really want to wear foils right now.  A silver would be a good bookend to champagne toast.  

Well.  Yeah.  I'm really excited about this sub in general, not just this month's box.  Can you tell?

VERY nice roundup blog post!

And have y'all seen the new picture for January?  The Passport Collection continues.... this time, LONDON!!  Woot woot.  Am hoping for a "London Fog" shimmery gray or silver.

Quote: Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  VERY nice roundup blog post!

And have y'all seen the new picture for January?  The Passport Collection continues.... this time, LONDON!!  Woot woot.  Am hoping for a "London Fog" shimmery gray or silver.
Aww, thank you!  I'm trying to get back into posting there again, and that seemed like a timely thing to do.  I need to figure out how to make the images be thumbnails on the page and bigger when you click on them.  I thought that's how they were set up this time, but it looks like that is not the case.

And London!  Yeesh, you had to go and bring up London Fog, didn't you?  Now I want one!  Too bad I just made a mug of Maple Apple Cider tea (I love Stash Tea!).  I wonder if they're going to do this for the whole year or if this is just a three-month journey timed to coincide with the holiday gift subscriptions.  But a shimmery gray for January?  That would be perfect.  It tends to be gray and icy here in January, so it would go with the weather perfectly.  I do wonder what made Square Hue decide to do a series-of-months theme like this.  I really like it, but I just wonder what inspired them -- and if they have another series-of-months theme on tap after this is over.  Lots of wondering over here!

Bummer! I don't think my box has even left Miami yet :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Anyone seen pics yet? You would think anyone around FL would have something by now!

Quote: Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bummer! I don't think my box has even left Miami yet
frown.gif

Anyone seen pics yet? You would think anyone around FL would have something by now!
Mine's supposed to arrive today in VA; I'm excited! I got in on the new subscriber Black Friday deal, and I've been thinking about subscribing for awhile. I've been searching for pictures with no luck, though!

Back