December 2013 -- Square Hue SPOILERS

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my first Square Hue last night (to my surprise!)  I bought the Black Friday/Cyber Monday free box dealio because I've been eyeing this subscription for a year now.  I'm so excited and happy my first box was this collection because I LOVE it.  I think I am in trouble now...

It really makes me sad that Bondi and Julep have made people so mad at/frustrated with nail polish subs in general that they don't give this one a chance.

Quote: Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  FYI for those who may still be waiting for their SquareHue delivery.

I called USPS to find out why it is taking longer for my polish to get the 45 miles from the sort facility to my house than it took for the package to get from Miami to Kearny, NJ.  Basically, the answer was that because SH uses a discounted shipping method, these items get the lowest priority in terms of sorting and delivery.  Express, Priority, etc., all get processed first, then these "package services" stuff gets taken care of.  If they get to them by the end of a shift, great.  If not, then they get processed tomorrow ... after tomorrow's Express, Priority, etc.

The lady from the post office was very nice, but at this point, I'm imagining my SH package sitting lonely and forgotten in a bin of mail that somehow ... even though it has allegedly "departed" the Sort Facility ... is never quite important enough to be picked up and moved to my local PO.  Oh well, maybe tomorrow.  I just hate that it's so unreliable.

This sounds about right - the massive influx of people mailing things at Christmastime means that if it's supposed to be slowboat, it really is slowboat because Express/Priority/First Class have higher movement priority than parcel post/discounted mail. Any other time of the year, we don't notice because there isn't as much traffic.

I can't wait for this month after seeing the spoilers - last year December all my subs were super slow for this reason. 
icon_sad.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It really makes me sad that Bondi and Julep have made people so mad at/frustrated with nail polish subs in general that they don't give this one a chance.
I am looking forward to my first month of Square Hue!  

Quote: Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This sounds about right - the massive influx of people mailing things at Christmastime means that if it's supposed to be slowboat, it really is slowboat because Express/Priority/First Class have higher movement priority than parcel post/discounted mail. Any other time of the year, we don't notice because there isn't as much traffic.

Yeah, that makes sense.  But USPS really needs to get its act together if it seriously wants to compete with the "big guys" on package delivery.

As of noon today, my package had been "processed by" and "departed" the same sort facility twice.  Now that I know that my package didn't fall off the truck en route to my local PO, but that it's just sitting somewhere at the sort facility, I'm less concerned. But why update the tracking to say that it had been processed and left that sort facility 2 days ago when it's been sitting there all along?  And how much of the benefit that they get from leaving the package to be handled (basically) when they got around to it did they lose by handling the package multiple times?

Having a couple of days added to the processing time of my package is something I could live with ... if I was getting good information about where it was and when I would get it.

ETA: /RANT OFF and to clarify, this is just general whining about wanting my pretties and the silly, silly Post Office taking too long to get them to me.   I'm not suggesting this is an issue with SH.

Yeah, I was just ranting about the post office and our extreme cold weather earlier.  It's not a problem with SquareHue itself.  I'm the Queen of Impatience!

I don't know if it's helpful or rubbing salt to mention I got mine with no delay on Monday. But I live north of Boston, which is a shipping hub, so that might have something to do with it. If anyone is new to SH and still waiting for their box, please don't think the delay is normal! SH itself ships promptly, and I think most months USPS delivers it promptly, too.

The colors are lovely, though!

Apple red, sheer pearlized pink (a dupe for butter London's Hen Party, and concrete grey holo. Here's a not that great picture of the last one:

Mine should be delivered today, but I'm probably not going to the office today, so I won't get to see the until tomorrow.

Quote: Originally Posted by formul8edphrase /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't know if it's helpful or rubbing salt to mention I got mine with no delay on Monday. But I live north of Boston, which is a shipping hub, so that might have something to do with it. If anyone is new to SH and still waiting for their box, please don't think the delay is normal! SH itself ships promptly, and I think most months USPS delivers it promptly, too.

The colors are lovely, though!

Apple red, sheer pearlized pink (a dupe for butter London's Hen Party, and concrete grey holo. Here's a not that great picture of the last one:

So pretty! I love this swatch :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm wearing Fifth Avenue with Broadway on top on my toes, and it makes for an awesome pearly fuschia effect. I found it a bit difficult to get an even coat of Broadway, but I think that speaks more for my toe painting skills than the polish!

I'm so far behind...I got mine on the date the tracking said even though it never updated.  I love everything about this box!  Squarehue makes me happy.

I got my box a few days ago!

I LOVE Times Square. Love it. I'm going to layer it under the silver holo glitter from Julep this month and blind myself ;-)

Fifth Avenue & Broadway are nice, not shades I'm super excited about but I'll definitely use them here and there. I'm interested to try Broadway over various colors. 

Still haven't gotten my box.  Have written SqH's customer service.  I know it's not their fault since others are getting theirs.  < cries bitter tears of impatience >

Quote: Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Still haven't gotten my box.  Have written SqH's customer service.  I know it's not their fault since others are getting theirs.  < cries bitter tears of impatience >

I just got mine today -- it might be worth sending in a complaint to USPS.  There's a place on the USPS site where you can file a complaint about a late/missing package.  It's worth a shot.  Every single time I have done that, the package is in the mail the next day.  Could be coincidence, but I'm beginning to wonder.

I haven't had a chance to do more than open the box and admire the pretties.  I have to finish work, go to the store for stuff for dinner and gifts for Adopt-a-Family and make dinner.  Then I get to play with them.  Hurray!

I'll try that, thanks!

Edit:  Just received a very nice reply from Laura at SquareHue.  If I haven't received my box tomorrow, they'll send me a new one.  Unlike The Company That Must Not Be Named, I know SH means it!  Great customer service.

Times Square (3 light coats) under Julep's Joelle (1 light coat)! It's a silvery, glittery, holographic party on my nails :-D

Got my box yesterday! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Will probably blog about it on the weekend. I was surprised to see it in my mailbox, especially since I'm in Canada - I thought it would take longer this month.

Well, of course, what should happen but that I wrote Laura at SqH yesterday, saying I hadn't gotten my box.  She immediately sends me a replacement box.

Today the mailman just brought my first box.  The tracking from 11/29 never updated 'til today.  Sigh.  I'm such a PITA.  I wrote Laura back & hope they can stop the second box.

Anyway, gorgeous colors!  The silver holo is my fave.

Received my box on Wednesday. This is my second box & I am loving this company. Wow! Colors and formula are great. My only complaint/frustration is what others have said and it's directed towards USPS and not SH. Is it possible to purchase colors from older collections or is it once they're gone, they're gone?

Back