December 2013 -- Square Hue SPOILERS

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I picked a great month to start my sub! Can't wait to get my box...it shipped today.

Quote: Originally Posted by Brittany Nasser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  New to the group/thread, But I just got my december box in and would love to share a photo and description, but when i try to post a spoiler i can't get out of the "spoiler" screen.
Brittany, hope you can post a photo & a closeup.  This is already a spoiler thread, as others have said.  :-D

Quote: Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  < swoons >

OK, looking at the picture, the names are Fifth Avenue, Broadway, and Times Square.  I'm going to marry Times Square.  (Times SquareHue, lol)

Not sure what to think of Broadway; hope it's not too much like Blond Ale from March.  Never could get that one to work with my skin tone.

The picture of Broadway has a pinkish shimmer to it, which means if I'm guessing correctly will be a great sheer color or gorgeous over a dark color.

Quote: Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The picture of Broadway has a pinkish shimmer to it, which means if I'm guessing correctly will be a great sheer color or gorgeous over a dark color.
Now that, I will LOVE.  :-D

Okay, I'm not looking at this thread any more until after I get my box. I want to be surprised

I keep trying to post a photo and it just gets locked up after I hit submit. Have to reload the entire page. Which makes me mad because I was so excited to share!! I think it's a great box!

Not the best picture, read:terrible, but I'm pretty sure I want to marry Times Square. Broadway is very sheer but would look great on top of something. Fifth avenue is just plain lovely.

I love this box!!!  It's my 2nd month as a subscription and I'm glad I joined.  I have similar reds, and even a silver holo, but yellow looks great with that iridescent flash.  In the great pic from Little Apes it looks like you can see it on the nail too.  When there's sunlight tomorrow, I'm going to have to compare the holo to my bottle of Gosh Holographic Hero.  In the kitchen light, they look very similar but the Square Hue one seems to be almost more fine.

Zomg yay great first box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

As mentioned, there is a pink sheen to it. 

Hell I kind of even like this and I am seriously not a red person. 

Come to me my precious holo!

Hmmm, no box again today, and my tracking hasn't moved since "Accepted."  Anyone else?
Mine went MIA like that until today, and it's out for delivery now. It did the same thing last month.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmmm, no box again today, and my tracking hasn't moved since "Accepted."  Anyone else?

Mine went MIA like that until today, and it's out for delivery now. It did the same thing last month. Ditto. Except the last month part since this is my first month. But mine just updated in the last hour from being accepted in Miami on the 29th, to out for delivery this morning. 

Thanks.  I'm not anxious and impatient much!  Even though it said delivery was supposed to be yesterday, I didn't believe it 'cause I'm so far from Miami.

Thanks.  I'm not anxious and impatient much!  Even though it said delivery was supposed to be yesterday, I didn't believe it 'cause I'm so far from Miami.
I've been seeing this lack of updates increase -- with all of my packages, not just SquareHue -- dramatically over the past couple of months.  I've figured out how long it should take for packages to reach me from various shippers, and then I don't start worrying about no updates until two or three days after that timeframe have passed.

And, yowzers, my box is here, and just in time for my office building holiday party!  I work in a fancy office building that has a holiday party for its tenants every year, and this year, it's tomorrow.  Time to go take a shower, make dinner, and do my nails!  I'm clearly going with times square:  All of that prismatic holo?  Duh.  Last year's champagne toast was a very elegant New Year's Eve midnight toast.  This is crazy bonkers lights and confetti, and it is just my style.

Mine said that until today when the tracking updated to show "out for delivery" today. I suspect the fact that its December is also having an effect on tracking on top of sloppy tracking in general the past couple months or so.

I'm also having a tough time on deciding what to wear next, I'm thinking of layering Times Square with a green tinted topcoat (Ethereal Lacquer's Absinthe to be exact) to see what the effect will be. But part of me doesn't want to take off the polish I have on because it has the best name ever, Youza Ho Ho Ho and is the perfect red jelly with Christmas glitter and holo. Sadly, this one was a LE and she's sold out now. I don't want to do glitter since I'm going back to glitter on the weekend.

Quote: Originally Posted by tweakabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Damnit SquareHue! Have a bad month so I can cancel you.
Heh.  I just changed to three coats of times square (it's a clear base, so that's how much I needed for opacity) and a coat of Seche Vite and thought, "I think I love this one more than carbs."  It's a sort of cross between a linear and a scattered holo. I've got a lot of holos, and I don't think I have anything else with this effect.

And this is why I forgive them for an all-pink month.  Actually, I had forgiven them in preparation for something like this to happen because I did *not* want to miss out on whatever awesome they had on the way just because I was cranky about an off month.

FYI for those who may still be waiting for their SquareHue delivery.

I called USPS to find out why it is taking longer for my polish to get the 45 miles from the sort facility to my house than it took for the package to get from Miami to Kearny, NJ.  Basically, the answer was that because SH uses a discounted shipping method, these items get the lowest priority in terms of sorting and delivery.  Express, Priority, etc., all get processed first, then these "package services" stuff gets taken care of.  If they get to them by the end of a shift, great.  If not, then they get processed tomorrow ... after tomorrow's Express, Priority, etc.

The lady from the post office was very nice, but at this point, I'm imagining my SH package sitting lonely and forgotten in a bin of mail that somehow ... even though it has allegedly "departed" the Sort Facility ... is never quite important enough to be picked up and moved to my local PO.  Oh well, maybe tomorrow.  I just hate that it's so unreliable.

I've only had this kind of delay with SqH once, back in June or July, I think.  I still don't have my December box and the tracking has not moved at all.  I'm obsessively waiting for the mail every day because I don't want my polish to be left outside -- we're having subzero weather!  :-(

Back