Dupe of Urban Decay Naked Palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the latest!!  Gossmakeupartist raves about NYX Nude on Nude palette as a dupe for Urban Decay Naked Palette:

Ouch on the price for those in the UK. 20£ = (approximately) $32 to $33 US. That's a $7 to $8 difference depending on the day!

I do like the fact that the NYX version has more mattes.

I wish he would have properly swatched by dragging it across his skin since a finger tip swatch is not the same. Dragging it across his skin would give a better determination on how well it looks like it would when you apply it to your eyelids. I also wish he would have also properly compared it to Naked rather than just calling it a dupe. Granted it looks similar but who knows if it really is or how close each individual shades are.

Zadi, that is IF we find that palette out here... I have been looking for it for a few weeks with no look =/ 

The UK is ridiculously expensive for everything! The salaries are CRAP. I have no idea how people on minimum/median salary survive when 3/4 of their check go in some way shape or form to the govt (no joke).

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh I love my daughter's school's SLR camera much better than my digital camera. I redid all of the pics I've taken the last couple of weeks but haven't uploaded because of how crappy (blurry) my pictures are. Time for a new camera I think. lol We took these outside so you could see what the colors looked like under natural light. Photos have not been color corrected or adjusted other than in dimension size. Click the pic for a full size version (warning VERY large images).

Urban Decay on top, ELF on bottom.

Left to right: Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sdecar, Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal

Left to right: Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sdecar, Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal

The colors are very similar however all the lighter colors you have to build up the color. The light five ELF colors I had to swipe several times to get it to be dark enough to come close to the UD's Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar and Buck. The colors are very similar but again there are differences such as in Half Baked being more yellow toned than the ELF color which is more orange toned.

Smog is more rich than the ELF color and it has a better payoff than the ELF color.

Darkhorse's ELF dupe was chalky and if I took a closer pic of it you may see that it left a bit of unwanted residue from being a bit chalky.

Toasted's dupe isn't as shimmery as Toasted in one swipe but it's pretty darn close.

The last three colors - Hustle, Creep and Gunmetal - and their dupes are also pretty darn close but I think the dupe for Creep is a bit lighter while Gunmetal is a wee bit darker.

For $5 it's a fantastic dupe but be prepared to fight with the lighter colors since the color pay off in the first five are on the crappy side.

http://zadidoll.blogspot.com/2011/05/urban-decays-naked-vs-elf-springsummer.html

You're fantastic for posting this.. i wish i would have seen it yesterday before i placed my ELF order! i've been trying to find a good dupe! im on that college budget too :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i wish i could afford the UD naked palette.. but your swatch has convinced me that for $5 ELF will just have to do for now.

If you are looking for the NYX Nude on Nude palette check out porkdaisy.com. They have really good sales on NYX items.

I just picked up Forever 21 Natural palette for.. ahem 7 dollars! weee!

I have no idea if it's any good, but most likely drug store quality.

I quickly put them on my wrist. Here is the pic. I used the brush provided.

I think it will be more intense if I wear it with primer.

I also got the SECOND palette in the same series which has MORE naturals and greys

Here is a swatch I found of that one:

I Love DUPES! I've always wanted the Naked palette by urban decay, but i will try out the ELF book. I also must visit my FOREVER 21 for those palettes too! Oh and where I'm from (south Texas) we have a Dollar Tree and we have LA colors and the cool things is that EVERYTHING is a $1.

Originally Posted by KeLLsTar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

To buy all those MAC dupes here in Australia it would cost $384AU ($32 per eyeshadow) so in our case it would be cheaper to just buy the UD Naked Palette from ebay or an online shop.

I'm positive that Inglot have dupes (I noticed a few when playing at the store) but I'm sorry I don't know which is which. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love the look of that NYX palette!
$32 per eyeshadow. Holy jeebs. Thats crazy. Thats even more than they charge here. Even after the conversion rate. They're rippin you Aussies off

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh I love my daughter's school's SLR camera much better than my digital camera. I redid all of the pics I've taken the last couple of weeks but haven't uploaded because of how crappy (blurry) my pictures are. Time for a new camera I think. lol We took these outside so you could see what the colors looked like under natural light. Photos have not been color corrected or adjusted other than in dimension size. Click the pic for a full size version (warning VERY large images).

awesome. ELF is keeping up with the game. It would be hard to tear myself away from my beloved UD but ELF is making a convincing argument

hmmmmm. UD comes with primer, which costs $19 by itself. i wonder what would be the best deal...

oh, and found this.. comparison swatches

I never realised how many dupes there were!! I have found some too, these eye shadows are 4.00 pound each from FRONTCOVER - 

hope this helps someone :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> x

I have the NYX Nude On Nude pallete and I have tried the ELF palette in Walgreens, as well as UD Naked palette. The Walgreens I went to had a tester. Can't say as the quality of the ELF shadows even comes close, really, especially after trying the Naked palette itself. The NYX palette is similar, but not the same, specifically in regards to the consistency/texture of the shadows. I use it fairly often, but sometimes find myself disappointed with it. Then again, I only paid $20 for it and it's got tonnes of product in it :) The lip glosses in there are also absolutely horrific! They make my lips numb because of the ingredients, so although the colors of them are great, I can't wear any of them. Holy toxicity, Batman...   The case really is great, very sturdy, and doesn't open on it's own when traveling with it. Very well made as far as the packaging goes.

As for the shadows getting into the drawer for the glosses, they don't. Has never happened to me under any circumstances.

The Shopping Channel here in Canada just started selling some Urban Decay stuff recently. Not a lot of stuff, but they have the Naked pallete - with the primer and brush, not the pencil - and shipping is free. It's also on 2 or 3 interest free payments. Seeing as I can pay for it over a couple of months, I ordered one. I can always send it back if I find I don't get much use out of it. Because shipping is free and I don't have to pay for shipping to send it back, I lose nothing and get 30 days to play with it. I haven't ordered anything from them for quite a while because they really pissed me off, but I broke down for this. With tax, it was $64. It'll be here some time next week. Hoping they start carrying more of their stuff, AND having Showstoppers on them. It would be great to get a spectacular Urban Decay set for next to nothing. Their Showstopper prices are well worth what you pay, and then some. It's just their customer service that really sucks, big time.

Back