FabFitFun Fall 2013 Box *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It happenned to me too! I almost hit my credit card limit because of that charge because I was only expecting 50 dollars.
Oh no! I wonder if this happened to a lot if people? I'm already so in the fence about this box and this just adds to my thinking about canceling. I was giving it another try because I love fall and that scarf was so cute

They tried to double bill me too, but it was declined (I use a prepaid card, only load what I need). It looks like they charged $49.99 for the box and another 53 for something? WTF?

Yeah, I just emailed them and told them to cancel my sub and remove my credit card info. That's too careless a mistake, and with such a pricy box, not willing to take the gamble. Too bad, I really wanted that cute scarf!

Got a reply by my email saying that it was a tech glitch and will be corrected in 3-5 days :/... They should give a discount even if its like 5 dollars because this is the third box and they are causing a headache once again which associates a poor quality to the box

I really want the scarf so not cancelling but this may be the last box for me since i have pop sugar 6 month gift sub

I just got an ema with the charge of $103. What the heck?? I don't understand what the other charge is for? Did anyone hear back from them?

Got a reply by my email saying that it was a tech glitch and will be corrected in 3-5 days :/... They should give a discount even if its like 5 dollars because this is the third box and they are causing a headache once again which associates a poor quality to the box
Wtf 3-5 days??? Do they not know that some people are on budget and only have enough to cover certain things. This really sucks, I had to move around several things to have that amount available. I thought for sure they would have their stuff together since it is their 3rd box.

Whew, thanks for the heads up ladies. On one hand I wasn't double charged. On the other hand I guess I was in an early batch since I was charged 9/22 rather than the estimated 9/25 others had quoted. Must've really wanted to charge me sooner than later.

15d.gif

I'm one of the ones that has been overcharged. My charge hasn't been voided, it's still showing as pending and that amount is removed from the available balance in my account tying up those funds.

I was overcharged as well. I'm glad they are reaching out to us. I don't get paid until Monday and am traveling so there isn't a lot of wiggle room for me in that account right now!

Overcharged, but did see the explanatory email 1st. So somehow that helped calm my financial panic. really hoping for a spectacular box now!

I had a billing error (my card that was on the account had expired), so when I updated my card I got charged twice too. Ugh!

Well lucky me, I was charged the wrong amount not once, but twice! Now I have over $200 tied up in this mess. I emailed about it and asked to cancel as well. This sub isn't worth the hassle anymore.

I was also overcharged. Right now it's not showing on my account as being tied up which is good. But still gave me a mini heart attack seeing that email!! (Until I saw the explanation, which helped) I do think it was good of them to give an extra gift at least (that really should be extra awesome to make up for the headache this can/will cause!). Here's hoping that this box will be extra doubly amazing!

Damn these sub boxes.... I just signed up for this b/c I really want that scarf! I am sort of late in the game...do you think I'll still get the Fall box? I NEED that scarf! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by jbird1175 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Damn these sub boxes.... I just signed up for this b/c I really want that scarf! I am sort of late in the game...do you think I'll still get the Fall box? I NEED that scarf! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
It still shows Fall box guaranteed on the sign up page so you should be all set.  I keep popping in - I really want to sign up myself but now I don't want them to have any of my financial info on record...  I may pick up a prepaid visa while I am out today.

Quote: Originally Posted by broukhim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hi MUT -

Michael here from FabFitFun VIP. I wanted to come on here and apologize directly and help answer any questions I can about tonight's billing error. We have contacted our billing provider and are hoping to work through the issue immediately. By voiding the transactions before they are settled (we are going through that process now), we believe we will avoid any potential issues of overdrafting & tying up funds, but if we find out differently, we will be sure to communicate that and make up for it in whatever way we can. We're also looking into adding an extra gift in the boxes of all those impacted.

We really love the community here and have taken all your feedback to heart. We had dotted all our i's and crossed all our t's for this box (it's really going to be fantastic) and hate to see this technical issue cast any sort of cloud over the experience. Again, please accept our apologies, let us know if you have any questions / comments / concerns, and I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on anything on our end.

Cheers,

Michael

As one of the people with the billing error, I would appreciate an "extra gift" in my box as a sign of goodwill..... as long as it's not from JewelMint!

Quote: Originally Posted by Yeti /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  It still shows Fall box guaranteed on the sign up page so you should be all set.  I keep popping in - I really want to sign up myself but now I don't want them to have any of my financial info on record...  I may pick up a prepaid visa while I am out today.
Yay! Thank you! Curious to see what will accompany the scarf.... prepaid visa seems like a good idea for sub box use. Smart thinking!

I am very happy with the way they handled the billing error and I look forward to getting my box and wearing that scarf :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I think so too! Instead of giving different answers to everyone they made a statement and admitted there was an issue. I am still upset but at least they gave a solution for all of this plus going that extra step of adding a special treat for those affected.

Back