GLOSSYBOX July 2014 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/2014/07/2-days-only-20-off-any-glossybox-subscription.html

20% Discount on 3,6, 12 month subs for next 48 hours.

Code: summer14

Screen-shot-2014-07-22-at-10.40.04-AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my box today in the same variation posted above. I've been debating canceling Glossy, but I think I'll stick around a little while longer, especially since I missed the deadline to cancel for August.

While I don't love the smell of the Philip B. detangler (it smells like apple cider vinegar, mostly), I like that the consistency is thin, as it gives me hope that it won't weigh down my hair.

I'm always happy to get another GlamGlow sample, as I like the product, but not quite enough to pay for the full size version.

I tried some of the Skin Inc. brightening serum on my hand, and it feels really nice and hydrating. The little pink and blue spheres suspended in the serum amuse me. 

I'm psyched to receive the M+G balm (I had been hoping to receive it in an Ipsy bag, but got something different). I had an original M+G balm from a few years ago and I'm happy to see that they've updated the packaging to include a slanted tip applicator instead of just a tube so I don't have to use my fingers.

I hadn't heard of Mitchell and Peach before, but their body cream seems very luxe. I can't put my finger on the fragrance -- it says "steam distilled essential oils" from their estate in Kent. 

Overall, a good box for me, and everything will get used.

I got my box today.  I got the anti-aging serum which I am thrilled about.  My mother's day box had the brightening serum.  No new variation here on the contents from the others posted. 

Skin inc anti-aging serum - yeah!

Mitchell and Peach Body Cream - A light scent.  Earthy but, fresh as it gets absorbed.

Philip B Detangling Spray - my hair is a tangled mess without a leave-in product so, looking forward to trying.  My Alterna CC cream from Glossy has a day left before its gone. 

Malin+Goetz lip balm - This is very balmy :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.   Like a Vaseline texture.   Maybe a good night treatment. 

GlamGlow - I am gonna try this "Tingle-tastic Tightening" experience tonight.  Hope it loves my too large pores.

Good timing on products that I was running out of Glossy!

Fyi... I figured this out last time I used a discount code.... to prevent getting two July boxes, don't cancel your current subscription, just go into your current order and at the bottom it says change subscription model and you can choose the length of sub and put in the promo. It will recognize your getting July already, and say you will get next month's instead.

I got my box today.  I got the anti-aging serum which I am thrilled about.  My mother's day box had the brightening serum.  No new variation here on the contents from the others posted. 

Skin inc anti-aging serum - yeah!

Mitchell and Peach Body Cream - A light scent.  Earthy but, fresh as it gets absorbed.

Philip B Detangling Spray - my hair is a tangled mess without a leave-in product so, looking forward to trying.  My Alterna CC cream from Glossy has a day left before its gone. 

Malin+Goetz lip balm - This is very balmy :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.   Like a Vaseline texture.   Maybe a good night treatment. 

GlamGlow - I am gonna try this "Tingle-tastic Tightening" experience tonight.  Hope it loves my too large pores.

Good timing on products that I was running out of Glossy!
Out of curiosity, what colors are the balls in the anti-aging serum?

I think the "brightening" version is a combination of the Regenerate Vitamin A and Replenish Hyaluronic Acid serums from here: https://www.iloveskininc.com/store/serums.html

@ ~ the floating balls are blue and yellow in the anti-aging I received.  The brightening forumula I got for Mother's day had blue and a pinkish color.  

The mother's day version was full size.  This one is much smaller but, I will take it. 

@@Justine1988 ~  I gave your suggestion a whirl.  Thanks for the guidance,

It does say at the bottom of the order that I already got July so they will reserve August.  However, at the top of the order it says my July box will ship in 11 days.  I backed out of the order before confirming the payment method.  I am probably being a Nervous Nelly but the contradiction sent me over the edge.   I need a supportive nudge to forge on with this.

Question for those of you who have been with Glossybox longer. I lack 20 points having enough glossydots for a free box. Right now I am month to month and was going to try and get a free box in August after I did this month's surveys. If I do the coupon for a 3 or 6 month, will I have to wait till that is over to get my free box?

It does say at the bottom of the order that I already got July so they will reserve August.  However, at the top of the order it says my July box will ship in 11 days.  I backed out of the order before confirming the payment method.  I am probably being a Nervous Nelly but the contradiction sent me over the edge.   I need a supportive nudge to forge on with this.
I will let you know what I see on my home screen after using the promo.

I had the same contradiction when I signed up for a 3 month during June.  It 'knew' that I didn't want a duplicate box and I didn't get one.  Hope that helps!

Latest posts

Back