Glossybox - October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Bernadette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Am I the only one who has tried to call their customer service on the phone (multiple days and times) and got the recording to call back during normal business hours when it was normal business hours??
wtf.gif
I have to call a lot of different companies (hospitals, banks, welding companies, hotels, salons, schools, wineries -- you name it, I call it) during normal business hours for my job, and that seems to be a common outgoing message when their phone lines are busy (or it rings for more than a certain number of rings) and no voice mail is available.  I just chalk it up to poor PBX design.

Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They could have the day off for Columbus Day today?  Or has it happened other times?
No this was last week on different days. Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday

That happened to me too. then i realized that they were EST and I was CST...

So I have only received two Glossyboxes so far, but I figured that each month you'd be able to do the surveys for the products you received. I haven't been able to see my surveys for my 2nd box (September's box) so I emailed them and they responded:

Thank you for your email. The September box surveys will be up on 10/11.

Kind regards,

Nicole, from the GLOSSYBOX team

Is it normal for the surveys to take that long to be available?

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I have only received two Glossyboxes so far, but I figured that each month you'd be able to do the surveys for the products you received. I haven't been able to see my surveys for my 2nd box (September's box) so I emailed them and they responded:

Kind regards,

I'd say so - back in the September thread, lovepink posted that she logged into her account and saw that she took last month's surveys on the 9th, so the 11th would be pretty much in keeping with the survey date availability. It seems like it takes forever, though! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Kind regards,

Yes. It's normal. I hate filling those things out.

I also e-mailed them about surveys and got the same reply.

If anyone from Glossybox is reading, the surveys are really poorly designed.  I can't believe you are getting any useful data for your partner companies with those.

Originally Posted by missionista /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also e-mailed them about surveys and got the same reply.

If anyone from Glossybox is reading, the surveys are really poorly designed.  I can't believe you are getting any useful data for your partner companies with those.
Yes--what she said  ^^.   Some of them don't make sense or are just poorly written.  

Anyone else get this email . . . WTF! I totally purchased right through the refinery29 website. What is going on with this! Dear Beauty Lover, Our records indicate you have purchased a Refinery29 -3 month subscription without obtaining a voucher code from Refinery29 first. Due to limited quantities, GLOSSYBOX cannot ship a November Refinery29 box to customers who have not purchased a valid voucher code from the Refinery29 website. Don't worry your subscription will not be irrupted, you will still receive a beautifully curated November GLOSSYBOX as scheduled. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call or email.

Is Glossybox worth it? I'm a subscriber to Birchbox and am generally satisfied (though I've had one blah box out of the five I've gotten so far).

How is the customer service? Variety of samples? Brands?

I think so. The last few months have been excellent

Originally Posted by winkiepup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is Glossybox worth it? I'm a subscriber to Birchbox and am generally satisfied (though I've had one blah box out of the five I've gotten so far).

I really enjoy Glossybox- their customer service wasn't so great at first but they're getting better. I have reviews of my past Glossyboxes on my blog if you want to check them out (in my signature below). The products - in terms of both brands and sizes - have been worth the price in my opinion! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Customer service in my opinion is terrible. The boxes are twice as much as bb, but the sample sizes make the cost worth it, I guess. 

It really depends on what you want out of a sample service, in my opinion. I have subscribed to Birchbox since March this year. Some months are better than others, but I'm always pretty much happy with whatever I get. I have found Glossybox to be an outstanding sub. I've subbed to Sample Society, Eco-Emi and MyGlam/Ipsy, but I've canceled all of them since. They all did a great job, no problems, great stuff... I just wasn't excited anymore. You can only sample so much before samples start to take over your bathroom! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Even after cutting back on subs, however, I find it hard to imagine canceling Glossybox. I'm always excited to open my Glossbox. It just feels more luxurious than other sub boxes, and the products are always interesting -- even when we all seemed to get weird dark brown lipstick, it was in the most interesting packaging I'd ever seen. There is apparently an effort to match products with your beauty profile, which is debatable; I personally have been well-matched, I think.

I had to contact customer service via email once, and they did take several days to respond (I emailed on a Friday and had a response on the following Monday). However, the issue was easily and correctly resolved without my having to make further contact.

I think honestly, if you have been pleased with Birchbox, you will probably love Glossybox. You can always stalk the threads a few months to see what we're getting and whether you'd enjoy receiving similar items. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Absolutely! It's my favorite subscription service (I sub to Glossybox, Birchbox, Sample Society, MyGlam, and Beauty Army). Their samples are huge and high-end brands, and I've loved everything I've received from them. Everyone receives the same thing for the most part with maybe a variety in color or something. Definitely a huge step up from Birchbox and the like. I've never had a problem with their customer service. In fact, they've been overly-accommodating. When I received the Ellis Faas lipstick in August in a brown color that did not work for me at all, I called them about it and they sent me out the blood red one that I really wanted right away(which is a $35 lip gloss by the way). If I could only have one sub it would definitely be Glossybox.

**Try googling "Glossybox USA September 2012", August 2012, etc. to see past boxes in people's blogs. Make sure you're searching for US though, because there are tons of other countries that get Glossyboxes.

Originally Posted by pobox607 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone else get this email . . . WTF! I totally purchased right through the refinery29 website. What is going on with this!

Dear Beauty Lover,

Our records indicate you have purchased a Refinery29 -3 month subscription without obtaining a voucher code from Refinery29 first. Due to limited quantities, GLOSSYBOX cannot ship a November Refinery29 box to customers who have not purchased a valid voucher code from the Refinery29 website. Don't worry your subscription will not be irrupted, you will still receive a beautifully curated November GLOSSYBOX as scheduled.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call or email.
I just got a WTF email saying my payment didn't go through - but I have a refinery 29 account that says NO PAYMENT REQUIRED.  

Ditto, I got the same thing, also purchased the R29 deal.  I've been a subscriber since the beginning and its amazing how Glossybox still isn't functioning properly.  After this R29 deal runs out, I don't think it's worth it to me to keep Glossybox.  It's great when it's great, but heavens above, how hard is it use payment and email system that works?!

Back