Glossybox - October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am very tempted to joining Glossybox after the Birchbox being bad for the past last months. I usually end up getting two Birchboxes one for myself and the other one for my mom but she is no longer loving it as well.

For those who are subscribed do you like it? 
There's not even a competition between BB and Glossybox. GB is FAR better. Yes it's double the cost but it's more than double better. BB is month after month of disappointment for me. GB has NEVER disappointed me. I love that the boxes vary, very little so there's not tons of box envy. I've personally never had a bad CS experience with GB but I've read about some. I've been subbed since they first opened subs in May.

Thank you so much for everyone! I think I am going to take the leap and join :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have tried several subscriptions and have always stayed with BB because of the point system but I am just getting so tired of it.

I feel like I no longer look forward my Birchboxes.

I tried Beauty Army it is great but the samples seem repetitive. And Ipsy is brand new to me so will stick around for 3 months and see.

With Glossybox can you skip a month? Do they tell you the theme of the box before they charge you? 

And thank you thank you for that code, yes I loved that color it looks so beautiful.
The only way to skip a month is to cancel and resubscribe the next month. They do usually tell you the theme but I don't know if it's before or after your are charged. I've found with almost all the boxes the theme doesn't mean much. The back to school BB had NOTHING to do with school at all.  This month's theme is supposed to be Spa. Who knows if anything in the box has anything to do with spas? LOL

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There's not even a competition between BB and Glossybox. GB is FAR better. Yes it's double the cost but it's more than double better. BB is month after month of disappointment for me. GB has NEVER disappointed me. I love that the boxes vary, very little so there's not tons of box envy. I've personally never had a bad CS experience with GB but I've read about some. I've been subbed since they first opened subs in May.
Its seems like a lot of money but I already get two BB so just a dollar more. And I am very excited I can't wait sadly I have to wait until November but we are almost mid-October so time will pass by.

Do they usually send it at the end of the month? MIddle of the month? 

Thank you so much for everyone! I think I am going to take the leap and join :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have tried several subscriptions and have always stayed with BB because of the point system but I am just getting so tired of it. I feel like I no longer look forward my Birchboxes. I tried Beauty Army it is great but the samples seem repetitive. And Ipsy is brand new to me so will stick around for 3 months and see. With Glossybox can you skip a month? Do they tell you the theme of the box before they charge you?  And thank you thank you for that code, yes I loved that color it looks so beautiful.
You're welcome! Hope you love GB as much as we do! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by cdelpercio /img/forum/go_quote.gif

grr they emailed me saying they had issues with my payment method even though there's more than enough in that account to pay for this month's box. hope they figure it out and us ladies that were affected don't get screwed over!
At least they emailed and let you know. They never once let me know my card was declined and told me I was SOL even after I was the one who started the communication with them. And yes, my card was good to go. :

Its seems like a lot of money but I already get two BB so just a dollar more. And I am very excited I can't wait sadly I have to wait until November but we are almost mid-October so time will pass by.

Do they usually send it at the end of the month? MIddle of the month? 
They have been near the end of the month. I think some people actually got their September boxes in early October. I've always received mine the last week of the month, and have been charged in the beginning/middle of the month, around the 11th.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would like for them to include a massage by a handsome Swedish man.
Totally just pictured Chris Hemsworth and his gigantic Thor arms. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ahh that's terrible! i'm waiting to hear back from them after emailing them earlier this week. seeing as it's after their office hours and my account hasn't been charged, i'm pretty sure i won't be getting an october box... or a response to my email :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

SIGH!!!! They're so QUIET and SECRETIVE it hurts.

Maybe I'm spoiled? But I obsess all the time about what might be in those boxes!!!!! And Glossybox is the WORST at spoilers... which I guess means they're the BEST at surprises. Doh!

Why Glossybox why?? Why you gotta be like that?
eusa_wall.gif

And here's a wizard because I like it:
wizard.gif

Darn. I didn't realize until today that I failed to put money onto my card for Glossybox. I wonder if they'll let me make a payment and send me a box if I call, but I'm doubting it as I remember last month someone had a problem and GB essentially said "too bad". I loved last month's box, and October is my birthday month (my bday is today!) so I was wanting to get one. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Anyone have any experience with this?

Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

SIGH!!!! They're so QUIET and SECRETIVE it hurts.

Maybe I'm spoiled? But I obsess all the time about what might be in those boxes!!!!! And Glossybox is the WORST at spoilers... which I guess means they're the BEST at surprises. Doh!

Why Glossybox why?? Why you gotta be like that?
eusa_wall.gif

And here's a wizard because I like it:
wizard.gif
You crack me up like all the time haha.

Now that you mentioned it, though,... GB has been my favorite sub, and I wonder if the lack of spoilers is why.

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now that you mentioned it, though,... GB has been my favorite sub, and I wonder if the lack of spoilers is why.
That may well be; I mentioned in another thread that once the BB spoilers come out, people start fretting about what they'll get and are already "over" whatever they're getting by the time they receive their box.

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You crack me up like all the time haha.

I think so, but I wish they could at least give us one thing to talk about lollll

lolllllll

We're going to open our boxes this month and the surprise theme with be socks and timers.

We'll get a ball of yarn to knit our own socks, time it, and see if our October BB will get to us before we finish our socks.

I really hope I'm wrong guys. Really do.
sadno.gif
because I have no patience for knitting...

Or maybe they'll just punish me for being impatient lol

Hyper at 4 in the morning for no reason x_x

I HOPE THEY'RE SECRETLY READING THIS THREAD TO GET IDEAS ON WHAT TO PUT IN OUR BOXES!!!

Dear Glossybox,

The term "luxury spa" makes me think of the one thing I've always wanted to have. The Clarisonic. You can even forget about all the other samples, just send that one item. Preferably in purple, my favorite color.

LOVE,

JANE!

But seriously maybe we'll get masks <which I love the peel off kinds because it makes me feel like a super spy taking off my face disguise.

I'm going to get mad though if we get rocks in our box (to heat up for massages).

Or cucumber seeds to grow our own cucumbers to slice and put on our faces?

Maybe a coupon to massage envy?

** I feel like I need to explain that I've had 12 cookies and 2 cans of diet coke in the past hour**

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That may well be; I mentioned in another thread that once the BB spoilers come out, people start fretting about what they'll get and are already "over" whatever they're getting by the time they receive their box.
Yes! Totally true! Or they have their heart set on one item they discovered to be in some boxes and are then angry when they find that item will not be in their box... I think knowing what everyone else gets is fun, but the box envy is just too much for some!

I HOPE THEY'RE SECRETLY READING THIS THREAD TO GET IDEAS ON WHAT TO PUT IN OUR BOXES!!!

Dear Glossybox,

The term "luxury spa" makes me think of the one thing I've always wanted to have. The Clarisonic. You can even forget about all the other samples, just send that one item. Preferably in purple, my favorite color.

LOVE,

JANE!

But seriously maybe we'll get masks <which I love the peel off kinds because it makes me feel like a super spy taking off my face disguise.

I'm going to get mad though if we get rocks in our box (to heat up for massages).

Or cucumber seeds to grow our own cucumbers to slice and put on our faces?

Maybe a coupon to massage envy?

** I feel like I need to explain that I've had 12 cookies and 2 cans of diet coke in the past hour**
HAHA nice. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It probably wouldn't hurt if they let ONE little old item out as a spoiler... that way folks could have their spoiler fix, but we could still be surprised about the rest of the box. I like the idea of having a theme for the boxes, but the contents don't really seem to fit a theme, in my opinion. Maybe the Pure Luxury theme was the most appropriate fit. Maybe themes should be more specific like "multitasking" or "all about eyes" or something? Spa theme seems like it could be anything... (if we got rocks in our box, at least we could sing the Decemberists song "Rox in the Box" while using them? Well, I would...) I definitely could see a facial mask included in a spa theme. Any skincare (face and body) really seems like it could fit. That heel cream we got a few boxes back would be appropriate, too. I could see nail polish included as well... wait, now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure I saw something about OPI polish on GB's facebook page this week. I love OPI, and despite rarely using nail polish, I would be thrilled to receive an OPI polish in my box. Now I feel like actually going to the spa and having a mani/pedi...

(Then again, they did have OPI in May, so maybe it was just a general product reference and not a spoiler.)

Dear Glossybox,

LOVE,

JANE!
yes please! you can add my name to that letter!

Just a heads up:  if you purchase a 3 month deal (which I did) then after the 3 months, your subscription is over unless you renew it.  I actually called to cancel Glossybox after this month and Nicole said I didn't need to as it automatically expired and didn't renew. 

Back