Glossybox - October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes! Totally true! Or they have their heart set on one item they discovered to be in some boxes and are then angry when they find that item will not be in their box... I think knowing what everyone else gets is fun, but the box envy is just too much for some!

HAHA nice. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It probably wouldn't hurt if they let ONE little old item out as a spoiler... that way folks could have their spoiler fix, but we could still be surprised about the rest of the box. I like the idea of having a theme for the boxes, but the contents don't really seem to fit a theme, in my opinion. Maybe the Pure Luxury theme was the most appropriate fit. Maybe themes should be more specific like "multitasking" or "all about eyes" or something? Spa theme seems like it could be anything... (if we got rocks in our box, at least we could sing the Decemberists song "Rox in the Box" while using them? Well, I would...) I definitely could see a facial mask included in a spa theme. Any skincare (face and body) really seems like it could fit. That heel cream we got a few boxes back would be appropriate, too. I could see nail polish included as well... wait, now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure I saw something about OPI polish on GB's facebook page this week. I love OPI, and despite rarely using nail polish, I would be thrilled to receive an OPI polish in my box. Now I feel like actually going to the spa and having a mani/pedi...

(Then again, they did have OPI in May, so maybe it was just a general product reference and not a spoiler.)
I saw that! The James Bond collection! If it's in the box at least I know I won't get another Taint color... lol

Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just a heads up:  if you purchase a 3 month deal (which I did) then after the 3 months, your subscription is over unless you renew it.  I actually called to cancel Glossybox after this month and Nicole said I didn't need to as it automatically expired and didn't renew. 
Good to know. I was trying to cancel mine early just so I don't forget because I want to switch back to the month to month after mines up and there was no way to cancel. I only went to 3 month because there was a code to get a 4th box for free.

Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I saw that! The James Bond collection! If it's in the box at least I know I won't get another Taint color... lol
HAHA I snorted

Any update on when they're gonna ship the boxes? I hate not knowing.

Plus facebook is no help cause i cant see what others are posting on the wall, like they purposely dont want us to see what others are saying

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are there any current subscription discount codes?
The only one I've seen lately is KISS for a free lipstick with a monthly sub. It expires 10/31

ETA: Here's the retailmenot ones you could try http://www.retailmenot.com/s/glossybox

I got 10% off my first box when I signed up initially. Theres a few others that might be working and worth checking.

Originally Posted by bbbrandnewww /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The only one I've seen lately is KISS for a free lipstick with a monthly sub. It expires 10/31

ETA: Here's the retailmenot ones you could try http://www.retailmenot.com/s/glossybox

I got 10% off my first box when I signed up initially. Theres a few others that might be working and worth checking.
Thanks! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Two things: (1) no real hints is hard! and (2) I really do love Glossybox.  I hate that they can't seem to match anything with my profile, but they keep fixing it. September they sent me (superpale) the Missha in a really dark color (#27, I think).  I traded it, so no biggie, but I called to try to figure out why my boxes seem to not match my profile at all.  I moved into my new apartment yesterday - having updated my GB address as soon as we signed the lease so as to not end up in box limbo - and there was a package from GB waiting for me, with #13 in it.  Totally didn't expect that, and it makes me love them more. 

Right now, GB is totally blowing Birchbox out of the water for me, even at double the cost. GB is worth way more than 2 Birchboxes.  

Originally Posted by brio444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

and still no surveys?  Have we heard anything about that?
Yes actually. Someone asked about that on their facebook and gb commented back saying they would be available sometime this week.

Right now, GB is totally blowing Birchbox out of the water for me, even at double the cost. GB is worth way more than 2 Birchboxes.  
Totally, totally agree! 

If Glossy is sticking with their "bill the second week of the month, ship the third" program, we should hopefully get shipping notices this week. Fingers crossed!

I got my first Glossybox today.  I was surprised because everything I read led me to believe I wouldn't get it until the end of the month.

Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my first Glossybox today.  I was surprised because everything I read led me to believe I wouldn't get it until the end of the month.
o_O what'd you get in it? 

Two things: (1) no real hints is hard! and (2) I really do love Glossybox.  I hate that they can't seem to match anything with my profile, but they keep fixing it. September they sent me (superpale) the Missha in a really dark color (#27, I think).  I traded it, so no biggie, but I called to try to figure out why my boxes seem to not match my profile at all.  I moved into my new apartment yesterday - having updated my GB address as soon as we signed the lease so as to not end up in box limbo - and there was a package from GB waiting for me, with #13 in it.  Totally didn't expect that, and it makes me love them more. 

aww that's nice of them!

I got a Glossybox today too!  I signed up with the NYFW coupon code for 4 boxes for the price of 3 in September.  I thought they meant I would get a 4 month subscription, until December, but apparently it the 4th box meant the July one.  I mean, it's a nice surprise but the July one is not the best out of the bunch.  Guess I'll have to re-subscribe come September. 

Latest posts

Back