Glossybox - October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes! I am still so bitter that I didn't get a box last month because they insist my credit was declined (The CC attached not only had waaaay more than $21, I was able to use it to sub to PopSugar after I got the kiss off from GB) and I am so glad I canceled. Customer service is crap and as much as I loved my pink box, it wasn't worth the trouble to me.

Their billing systems really are STOOPID.  I received 2 emails back to back--one noting that my payment was unsuccessful and immediately followed with a "disregard the previous email" note.  

And for the record, I bought the 3 mth Refinery29 deal.  
huh.gif

Hmmm just read the glossymag about the Spa theme we're supposedly getting for October, they mentioned armatherapy oil, mask, and bubble bath...clues perhaps?

also, dim lights....may be candles? i sure hope not.

Any bubble bath that comes will go straight to my trade thread since I just moved into a house with a stall shower, lol

This is the first month I'm worried because a spa theme might equal all bath products. I do not want a whole box of bath stuff!

This is the first month I'm worried because a spa theme might equal all bath products. I do not want a whole box of bath stuff!
Same here. I'm hoping there's a good variety. Hopefully no more shampoo and conditioner.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm skipping this month for that reason...I have enough BBW and LUSH stuff to last me until 2095...and I'm very particular about my shampoo/conditioner. Now watch, they'll offer things like masks and maybe spa gloves or socks....and then I would be sad to miss out. Otherwise, I just can't justify the expenditure on this one since I have SO much!

I got amazing shower bombs that I love from level in Blissmobox this summer and I am hoping for more! Everyone may not have bathtubs, it they should have showers.

Actually...the more I think about the more excited I am about the spa theme and hope it is bath products...I have more moisturizers and make up than I could ever need...but bath bombs, bubble bath, etc...I don't have much of.

I am very tempted to joining Glossybox after the Birchbox being bad for the past last months. I usually end up getting two Birchboxes one for myself and the other one for my mom but she is no longer loving it as well.

For those who are subscribed do you like it? 

Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am very tempted to joining Glossybox after the Birchbox being bad for the past last months. I usually end up getting two Birchboxes one for myself and the other one for my mom but she is no longer loving it as well.

I'm not participating this month because my house is like a friggin spa after working at BBW the last 5 years, BUT!

I love Glossybox despite their customer service hiccups here and there. For being newer than Birchbox, the sample sizes are SO much more appealing. Way bigger, and you get MUCH more out of each one. Lots of the time, we get full-size products. It's well worth the money to me. This and Sample Society are my two favorites.

I subscribe to Glossybox, Birchbox, and Cravebox; Glossy is by far my favorite! Though it is more expensive, the value, I think, far outweighs Birchbox. I have reviews on my blog below if you want to see what past boxes have included. If you have seen/see the lipstick we got in last month's GB and like it, they're gifting it free to those who sign up for a monthly subscription with the code KISS.

Glossybox is hands down, my favorite sub. I subbed to BB with an annual subscription, and I really like what I get for $10/month, but I'm always super excited for my Glossybox. I personally think it's totally worth it, but it really depends on your expectations and what you want out of it.

Thank you so much for everyone! I think I am going to take the leap and join :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have tried several subscriptions and have always stayed with BB because of the point system but I am just getting so tired of it.

I feel like I no longer look forward my Birchboxes.

I tried Beauty Army it is great but the samples seem repetitive. And Ipsy is brand new to me so will stick around for 3 months and see.

With Glossybox can you skip a month? Do they tell you the theme of the box before they charge you? 

And thank you thank you for that code, yes I loved that color it looks so beautiful.

grr they emailed me saying they had issues with my payment method even though there's more than enough in that account to pay for this month's box. hope they figure it out and us ladies that were affected don't get screwed over!

Back