Julep August 2012 Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have they done specific mystery boxes before?  I've only gotten their mystery box when it was one generic offering (though I'm sure many different contents.)  Do you know if this way of doing it means that It Girl is polish only and the others are product and polish?  Curious!

Originally Posted by reepy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have they done specific mystery boxes before?  I've only gotten their mystery box when it was one generic offering (though I'm sure many different contents.)  Do you know if this way of doing it means that It Girl is polish only and the others are product and polish?  Curious!
I'm guessing the It Girl could still contain some products like the polish remover, but I do imagine the It Girl will have a higher ratio of polish-to-product.

So I bought another box (bad, bad, bad...) this one is bombshell and from what I read there will be no duplicate colors across the profiles. So that should mean that I won't get any of the same colors since I bought two different styles. But if I get extras of ones I already have I will be putting them up for trade :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you SO much whomever told me I could use my voucher towards a box! I really really want Melanie so I got the It Girl box with Melanie and a gold and silver!

Originally Posted by Claudia Marcus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you SO much whomever told me I could use my voucher towards a box! I really really want Melanie so I got the It Girl box with Melanie and a gold and silver!
:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> You're welcome! It was something I wished I'd known before I placed my order, so I'm happy to pass the tip on.

Does Julep send out mystery boxes when they're individually ordered, or do they wait till all the ones they have available are sold and then ship?

Originally Posted by shanny21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does Julep send out mystery boxes when they're individually ordered, or do they wait till all the ones they have available are sold and then ship?
The former -- I'm pretty sure they send them out within a day or two of them being ordered.

I think the last time they did the mystery box promo in June, they never actually sold out of all the mystery boxes, and my friend got her box that she'd ordered on the first day before the promo even ended. It's nice because you may be able to see what a couple of people got in their boxes if you wait, but you do risk the boxes being sold out, so it's a trade-off.

I was bad and got the It Girl mystery box. Since I'm in WA, hopefully it ships soon and I'll post a pic. Do they mix up the contents? I thought they did, from previous mystery boxes I've ordered/seen. So say 4 of us ordered the same mystery box, we may still get different products?

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was bad and got the It Girl mystery box. Since I'm in WA, hopefully it ships soon and I'll post a pic. Do they mix up the contents? I thought they did, from previous mystery boxes I've ordered/seen. So say 4 of us ordered the same mystery box, we may still get different products?
Yes, to the latter, but the fine print does say that they're not repeating colors across boxes. So I guess they divvied up the colors among the 5 boxes with no overlaps, but there will be variations (there would have to be, if "some boxes are worth over $200" while most are worth $60) and the non-polish products might still be the same.

HA... so back during one of my moments of buyer's regret on Friday, I shot Julep an e-mail asking if it was still possible to cancel my order. I was only asking whether it was possible, not saying for sure whether I wanted to (since I couldn't make up my mind).

Well, they just sent me an e-mail saying they managed to cancel my order and are refunding the charge... so I guess that decision was made for me! I'm probably much happier this way, though, since I've been spending way too much money and I'm already getting almost all the Julep colors that I want in a couple of trades I have lined up.

I just ordered the It Girl box. It Girl says "polish lover" next to it in the graphic and I think generally has the most polishes. It's also my regular profile so I figured it would be the best choice for me. I would've probably ordered another box had I not just splurged on the Urban Decay sale.

Originally Posted by morre22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got my mystery box shipping info yay!!! I'm excited!!
I haven't even received my August box or add on :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It finally shipped on the 3rd and it's been sitting in Washington ever since. No shipping email yet for my add on. This is the 1st time i've ever had an issue with Julep.

My Mystery Box has shipped! Woot woot! Does most everyone get the 9434 tracking numbers? I noticed several folks posting about it - and I got it too. I am in my first few months to Julep, so I am sure I will be happy regardless - but would LOVE to have a large mystery box! 

I ordered two boxes and one is 9400 and the other is 9434 I can't remember which box is which though.

Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ordered two boxes and one is 9400 and the other is 9434 I can't remember which box is which though.
I heard (Either here or on FB I can't remember) that all of the It Girl Mystery Boxes are shipping with 9434.

I heard (Either here or on FB I can't remember) that all of the It Girl Mystery Boxes are shipping with 9434.
That doesn't seem right. 9434 is parcel post, so if ALL it girl mystery boxes were shipped that way that would mean EVERY box was a ton of polishes. I think someone was confused.

Originally Posted by maeiland /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just checked and my bombshell box is the 9400 and my other is boho glam is the 9434.

Back