Little Black Bag Picture Thread!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so sad :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I sent my LBB to my parents house since I live in an apartment & haven't lived there for long so I finally opened my bag today (back to my parents home :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My Wildfox stag earrings were so badly wrapped/packaged...they were not even in their little fabric pouch they were out floating by themselves & they got crushed and the backs of them got completely bent :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I carefully put them back into place but you can see that they will fall apart & they will not last since the backs are very thin. The Stag is actually beautiful & of great strong material but the backs of courses can't be thick since it is going in your ear. But it sucks so much since I traded so much for them! And now that the item is not even going to last, also the Mineralogy eyeshadow was shattered (it was a bonus so who knows may not get anything). 

Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I sent my LBB to my parents house since I live in an apartment & haven't lived there for long so I finally opened my bag today (back to my parents home :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My Wildfox stag earrings were so badly wrapped/packaged...they were not even in their little fabric pouch they were out floating by themselves & they got crushed and the backs of them got completely bent :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I carefully put them back into place but you can see that they will fall apart & they will not last since the backs are very thin. The Stag is actually beautiful & of great strong material but the backs of courses can't be thick since it is going in your ear. But it sucks so much since I traded so much for them! And now that the item is not even going to last, also the Mineralogy eyeshadow was shattered (it was a bonus so who knows may not get anything). 
Send them a picture and they'll give you an exchange credit. My stags came broken, one of the posts isn't even on the stag head. They gave me an exchange credit and said I can keep them too. I'm going to see if my SIL's dad can fix them. I also traded pretty much everything for those.

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Send them a picture and they'll give you an exchange credit. My stags came broken, one of the posts isn't even on the stag head. They gave me an exchange credit and said I can keep them too. I'm going to see if my SIL's dad can fix them. I also traded pretty much everything for those.
I sent them an e-mail without pictures but I will send them pictures. It just makes me upset since those earrings where so hard to get & no one wanted to give them up unless you traded your whole bag for them. 

Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine didn't even come in a little fabric pouch, were they supposed to?

Originally Posted by morre22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine didn't even come in a little fabric pouch, were they supposed to?
Yes if you go through the picture thread you will see its a light pink pouch that says Wildfox on it

September LBB ($50)

Ettika Buddha Necklace, Disney Couture Believe hoops

Not pictured: Olivia & Joy grey vanish hobo (too lazy to find)

November LBB #1 ($50)

Broken Wildfox Stag Earrings

Not pictured: Steve Madden Indigo Leopard Tote (too big/too lazy)

November LBB #2 (3rd overall) ($30)

Lemon Knee Highs (hopefully these fit)

ZAD crystal hoop earrings

a.v. max feather earrings

Sugarfina piglets

Deux Lux sparkle baby heart pouch

Taken from my iPod. Not pictured: Sugarfina Heavenly Sours (because I ate them).

Annnd, I'm expecting ($30):

lem_marble_haze_ruffle_hi_knee_hi_grn_5732_001_250.jpg
kr3w_phantom_watch_n_prpl_3227_001_250.jpg
lav_roller_ball_vanilla_passion_fruit_2187_001_250.jpg
lav_2_in_1_body_wash_6631_001_250.jpg

Street Level Long Studded Tote

LOVE this bag! I also got the lace burlesque bag - did not like it. It's on ebay.

Tarocco candle in red orange. It smells amazing! Youngblood palette, olive oil soap, 2 blushes and lipstick.

I also got the raspberry infinity loop scarf. It's so cute! You really have to mess w/ it to make it look good.

Just a little note for those of you who've thought about trading for the Truth Art Beauty products. I got the bath salts in my last bag and the oil leaked over everything: we're talking really disgusting, and the box smelled like minty cardboard. Really gross. The other items were wrapped in plastic so thankfully the salts themselves were the only problem.

BUT. 

I emailed LBB and they apologized, gave me a credit, etc. Great!

AND.

They also contacted Truth Art Beauty, who apologized and sent me a free full size bath salts (with no oil and no scent, so it could not leak) as well as a full size Argan face nourish. Included was a handwritten apology from the CEO. I thought this was incredibly kind and excellent customer service. 

I just wanted to share my experience with you here, bc I know this thread gets a lot of views from people who are thinking about trading for products. It sounds like whatever happens if you get a Truth Art Beauty product, they will make it right!

Originally Posted by nicepenguins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just a little note for those of you who've thought about trading for the Truth Art Beauty products. I got the bath salts in my last bag and the oil leaked over everything: we're talking really disgusting, and the box smelled like minty cardboard. Really gross. The other items were wrapped in plastic so thankfully the salts themselves were the only problem.

BUT. 

I emailed LBB and they apologized, gave me a credit, etc. Great!

AND.

They also contacted Truth Art Beauty, who apologized and sent me a free full size bath salts (with no oil and no scent, so it could not leak) as well as a full size Argan face nourish. Included was a handwritten apology from the CEO. I thought this was incredibly kind and excellent customer service. 

I just wanted to share my experience with you here, bc I know this thread gets a lot of views from people who are thinking about trading for products. It sounds like whatever happens if you get a Truth Art Beauty product, they will make it right!
That sucks, but that is awesome they sent you new stuff! I have that coming in my box now, I hope that it does not happen to me!

I got a TAB body oil a few months ago that smelled like cooking oil.  The resolution was similar:  LBB credit and a gift code (can't recall the amount, but it was enough to get bath salts and a new body oil, although I think I had to pay a couple of bucks for shipping) from TAB.  I was on the verge of quitting LBB when I got that bottle of ick, but the above-and-beyond CS kept me around!

Here are my latest 2 bags from LBB! I have been a member for 6 months now and I this is the first time I actually got some handbags lol.

Steve Madden Studded Crossbody

Balibelts Studio Fringe Satchel

Street Level Dome Satchel

BCBGeneration Clutch 

Twos Company Tea Light Candle Holder

Mocha Silver Chandelier Earrings

Laundry by Shelli Segal Crystal Stud Earrings 

Got this in my LBB box today and it's sooo adorable! Will post up pictures later of other items but for now  check out this Betsey Johnson bow necklace! (sorry for the horrible lighting guys!)

LBB didn't show the key attached at the  clasp on their website but it's really adorable.

length without using the 3in. extension.

I just jumped on board with LBB in October and wanted to post pictures here of what I have received so far!  Only a few of these items are currently in the trading gallery, but in case you were ever curious about something and it by chance resurfaces upon ye ol site, then you'll know if it's worth it to you to go after or not!  So far I have done 2 $49 bags and 1 $29 bag.

This here was my first bag.  I'm not usually a big fan of wristlets but I am a big fan of sparkly and everything in this bag is sparkly.  I love this Deux Lux wristlet!  It has more than enough space for what I like to carry with me when I'm out for a fun evening hang.  I'm looking forward to getting more use out of this which will probably be next spring since it is already winter coat weather where I live and...it doesn't look as cute with a bulky coat.  The Mocha bracelets I'm looking to give away.   I thought they'd be more stretchy for my 5 year old sized wrists, but alas they are too big!  And then not to leave out the Deux Lux cosmetic bag.  It's big.  It's sparkly.  Really sparkly.  I love it!

When LBB announced the $29 bag I just couldn't resist!  I really just wanted the Betsey Johnson cat drop earrings (which, if you look closely one of them lost it's rhinestone eyeball! haha).  That was definitely a "love or hate" piece and I looooved it!  Still do! I've worn them a lot already and love the little "spunk" it adds to either my outfit or attitude--or both!  I took a gamble with the necklace.  I think it's an All The Rage piece.  And I hit the jackpot.  I love it.  It's pretty long, which I like.  As I mentioned before I am in all my winter garb where I live and I have a lot of boring sweaters howevaaa boring no more with this piece!  And last here are 'Zad earrings.  My bag was ending and I decided to keep these because they reminded me of another pair of earrings that I have that I really like (yes, yes, I'm aware that sounds silly!). I don't have much of a review on them.  I wore them once.  They looked good!  

This arrived at my door just the other day.  It's the Big Buddha Quilted Tote!  Generally something like this isn't my style but it reminds me a lot of my adorable, sweet and precious grandmother.  She used to have a vinyl tote of similar color (but it had little English boys all over it, it was from Harrod's in London) and she had a drawer of silk scarves I would always play with when I was a little girl.  She's been gone half my life but I think of her every day and go through random phases where I just love to surround myself with things that remind me of her.  Next up here is the Lariat.  I'm still indifferent with this.  I may live in the Great White North but my blood and heart is southern and I love about anything that reminds me of a cowboy.  I've had a bolo or two in the past and was excited to get another one but it's way bigger than I was expecting.  And..  It looks pretty cheesy..  Question:  Do I attempt to rock the cheese?  Or let this cheese stand alone?  And last here but soytenly not least are the Ali Khan Beaded Tassel Earrings.  I was having a trading melt down and my bag was about to end and end the misery I traded down some ugly earrings for these!  I don't think I'll wear these very often but I cannot deny that they are really pretty.  My boyfriend really likes these too (for me, not for him! geeeez) so they shall be making an appearance soon.

This is the first post/blog thing-a-ma-jig I've ever made and if anyone out there has read this whole thing I applaud you!  If I haven't annoyed the bajeezus out of you yet then I will post again when my next LBB arrives!  

Happy Trading and Happy Holidays, everyone!

Hi guys, I've been enjoying everyone's posts and finally decided to take the plunge and try LBB right before Thanksgiving! I wanted to share with you what I got because I have so much fun looking at everyone else's pictures.

I opened my bag the day before they did the 3 samples in your bag promotion so I was a little sad that I just missed out! But I opened with a pairs of Betsey Johnson sunglasses. I don't remember my other starting items though.

I ended with these items. I put the link to the product pages of each item:

Nila Anthony Color Block Box Top Handle Bag

Nila Anthony Striped Backpack

Big Buddha Set of 3 Coin Purses

Mata Traders Geometric Necklace

Pink Pewter London Beaded Headband

Betsey Johnson Monkey Stud Earrings

Ali Khan New York Beaded Drop Earrings

Secret Agent Beauty Agent Lips Galore Lip Gloss

I'm really happy with my first little black bag! I know some people have mentioned how the millions of samples is making trading hard, but I quite enjoy the samples, especially at this time of the year, they're easy stocking stuffers! In this bag, I only got 1 sample, but I opened another bag on cyber monday and I got a bunch of the new December samples in that one.

First impressions - trading is soooo addicting. I definitely spent a looot of time on the website- making offers, waiting to see if my offers were accepted. I talked on chat a little bit and I definitely see the clique-y vibe y'all were talking about. I thought it was cool to see Dan Murillo, the CEO, in the chat several times. haha, a lot of the ladies in chat were kind of flirting with him, it was hilariously awkward. That man is damn good with PR though, bantering right back and telling people who have problems to cc him in the email to Customer Service to make sure it gets resolved. pretty cool guy! He also had a bag open with the deux lux ditsy and people really wanted him to trade it. He was like, "the high is 75, i'm ready to play ball" or something to that effect. I just think it's really cool that he actually uses the site and knows how the trading really goes!

The biggest complaint for me is actually the color and size accuracy of the product pictures. I know there was that yellow looking NCLA nail polish called dirty martini, which is actually an olive color. If you look up swatches you'll see how different the color is from their picture. They also need to put something that people know the size of next to these items, like a coin or something next to the jewelry and like.. a toaster next to the bags. Haha actually a real model carrying the bag would probably be best. I didn't realize the size of some of the jewelry until I saw Lola's product reveal videos. Some things that I thought were little dainty things turned out to be huge doorknockers!

Sigh, the only way I could justify opening two bags was that it would be my Christmas shopping so I'm going to have to let a lot of these items go. but next year I'm definitely opening a bag just for me!!

Here are some pictures from my most recent lbb.

Marc Ecko Red Violet Side Studded Tote - It's big but not so big that it looks crazy. I really love it.

Rampage Oversized Round Sunglasses - These are really cute and so is the little pouch it came in.

All The Rage Crystal Drop Earrings - Not a great picture but these earrings are really cute & sparkly. They're also very light.

Jardin Amour Necklace - I adore this necklace so much. You can't see it in this picture but it's pretty sparkly. I'll be wearing this a lot.

I also got the BeFine packette box which looks very interesting. I like the assortment of products in the box and that i'll be able to get a few uses out of each just as a trial. I wouldn't say it was worth the $12 that LBB claimed but I figured it wouldn't be.

While I was taking pictures of my most recent box I took a couple of some items from my last box that I happened to be wearing/using today.

Koret Burlesque Small Shopper - I've been using it non stop since I got it and i've received many compliments

'Zad Crystal Teardrop Earrings - Really cute earrings but a tad heavy.

Latest posts

Back