SCAM ALERT! Ready, Steady, Go! aka beautyinaboxmakeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi i ordered from ms. MAC page and she took the money out  i ordered it on the 10th of dec im kinda freaking out because i never recived a tracking num. and now i cant find her page im  hoping its just taking forever to be shipped but i just nee some feed back i have no idea what to do  

The products she sells are counterfeit to begin with. My suggestion place a dispute with Paypal or your bank/credit card company ASAP.

Originally Posted by Marshie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You are awesome!

Seriously though, what is up with this one? >>  http://www.facebook.com/Ms.MACViPs

The girls that know that these are fake and willingly buy and use it deserve the side effects. Romanian Butterfly has a "beauty blog" and that makes me sick.

OMG...!

I recognize this picture from Glossybox Canada as their "blogger of the month" she is on Facebook under "Ashley Gunadawarna"? (also romanianbutterfly).

http://blog.glossybox.ca/glossy-gab-5-questions-with-ashley-of-steps-to-perfection/

So surprized glossy would feature here.

Oddly enough this month all the Canadian Glossyboxes contain items expired 8+ years ago....wonder if there is any relation between the two??

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you let GB Canada know? Then again, they don't sound to great either
I did let GB Canada know, over a week ago and all they are doing to me and others on Facebook is "glossing" over any questions and ignoring the situation.

Someone even posted up they found the products GB Canada sent everyone on Ebay UK sold as a "job lot" discontinued avon items...

Glossybox is still saying those suspect ebay items are recent <when they are from 2005>...

They have not issued an appoligy even and some other members contacted Avon and Revlon and both those companies have never partnered with Glossybox Canada.

And it seems for Canada at least GB is getting many items from third party vendors and not the actual cosmetic company themselves.

On top of this they have not offered a solution and are also saying they do not know where the items came from and they have to contact their "european source".

**I know it kind of sounds like I am contradicting myself,but these things are exactly what Glossybox Canada is posting on Facebook.

I just also did a credit card chargeback as I did not sign up to receive products from 5 years ago <old Revlon nail polish> or a lipgloss made in 2005 that is from who knows where??

Also some people got this watery eyeshadow and some people have really bad eye issues from it already.

Here are some of Glossybox Canada's Facebook responses <I saved them in a text file>

JAN 7 GLOSSYBOX RESPONSE:

Thank you for being so patient and understanding while waiting for an answer regarding the Avon products included in

December’s GLOSSYBOX. Because we’re an international company, we strive to bring you products from around the globe,

which is actually why it has taken longer than usual to update you on this issue. We’ve communicated with our

supplier in Europe, who has been a reliable GLOSSYBOX provider in the past, and they have reassured us that the

product is in date, new and unopened
, but we are devastated if our GLOSSIES are upset. Our investigation is not over

and we have learned a lot from this situation. We will be reevaluating how we approach quality assurances going

forward, since our number one priority will always be making (and keeping) you, our subscribers, surprised and

delighted with your GLOSSYBOX. If you have any questions at all about the Avon product you received, or about your

GLOSSYBOX in general, please feel free to email our customer service department at [email protected]. They will

be getting up to date information on this issue and will be best equipped to answer any questions or concerns that

you may have. Once again, thank you for your patience and understanding through this. We cannot even begin to

express how extremely appreciative we are to have your perspective, loyalty and support!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The supposedly recent Avon product:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JOB-LOT-X-2000-AVON-SUPER-SHOCK-VIVID-LIQUID-EYE-SHADOW-CHROMED-COCOA-ALL-SEALED-/25120856

7992?pt=UK_WSJL_Wholesale_GL&hash=item3a7d328cb8

**you can even see from the ebay pic the eyeshadow is old and separated...!!

I have been wondering recently how so many companies get so many things for such an incredible discount that they can afford to sell them in boxes.  Companies like Eco-Emi or Cravebox where things look like samples make sense to me, and I completely understand when we get small things, but how does PopSugar get $150 worth of stuff to put in a box that is packaged well, and only costs us $35 including shipping and still make a profit?  How does Glossybox sent out $80 worth of stuff for only $15 (what I've paid on average per box after discounts) including a pretty box and wrapping, shipping and profit?  I know that companies send samples hoping that we will buy more.  I know several things from many subscriptions boxes seem to be last years colors or have some other minor problem.  Are companies sending out seconds?  Is this a way to get rid of last years items before they expire? Sadly, it makes sense to me that some stuff has to come from consolidators. I just wish I understood the model better as I'm beginning to question the big boxes that are able to send out lots of great stuff for not much money. 

Actually for most of the legitimate boxes these things do not from wholesalers. The stuff is coming directly from manufacturers who partner with the boxes to promote their wares. There is zero reason to doubt a company like PopSugar or Ipsy or Birchbox. Notice these companies actually include discount codes, partnerships and promo items from the companies? This is really cheap advertising for the companies to targeted audiences. The boxes do not BUY the products; even the full size stuff comes from the companies. Red Carpet Box is a scam through and through, nothing but cheap, expired garbage.  And I am beginning to wonder about Glossybox.

Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have been wondering recently how so many companies get so many things for such an incredible discount that they can afford to sell them in boxes.  Companies like Eco-Emi or Cravebox where things look like samples make sense to me, and I completely understand when we get small things, but how does PopSugar get $150 worth of stuff to put in a box that is packaged well, and only costs us $35 including shipping and still make a profit?  How does Glossybox sent out $80 worth of stuff for only $15 (what I've paid on average per box after discounts) including a pretty box and wrapping, shipping and profit?  I know that companies send samples hoping that we will buy more.  I know several things from many subscriptions boxes seem to be last years colors or have some other minor problem.  Are companies sending out seconds?  Is this a way to get rid of last years items before they expire? Sadly, it makes sense to me that some stuff has to come from consolidators. I just wish I understood the model better as I'm beginning to question the big boxes that are able to send out lots of great stuff for not much money. 

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Actually for most of the legitimate boxes these things do not from wholesalers. The stuff is coming directly from manufacturers who partner with the boxes to promote their wares. There is zero reason to doubt a company like PopSugar or Ipsy or Birchbox. Notice these companies actually include discount codes, partnerships and promo items from the companies? This is really cheap advertising for the companies to targeted audiences. The boxes do not BUY the products; even the full size stuff comes from the companies. Red Carpet Box is a scam through and through, nothing but cheap, expired garbage.  And I am beginning to wonder about Glossybox.

Quote: Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As Nelliebelle pointed out those companies work in partnership with manufacturers. These are the companies I know for sure that work with companies directly.

• Birchbox
  • Beauty Army
  • Ipsy
  • TestTube

Companies that I know that buys from 3rd party vendors:

• The Look Bag
  • Posh Pod
  • Red Carpet Box
  • Makeup Monthly

Other companies:

• Beauty Box 5
  • Glossybox
  • Popsugar
  • Beautyfix
  • Sample Society

Companies that send out their own brand of products:

• Starlooks
  • Julep
  • SquareHue
  • Glamour Doll Eyes

Just as a side note, I've noticed that even though the reputable bags have agreements with manufacturers, they still seem to sometimes get things I would consider 'seconds'--products that aren't selling well and are being discounted at TJ Maxx or are on their way to be there soon.  I LOVE finding great treasures at discount stores, but I guess I want sought after products in my bags.  

I would have to agree with that Meggpi. Sometimes some companies do use the subscription services to pass off items they want to get rid of.

BeautyFix seems like it has an awful lot  of discontinued/almost discontinued items.  I don't think they buy from a 3rd party vendor, but I could see them getting the old, unsellable stuff from the companies to put on their site.  Then when Dermstore has their mystery boxes we end up with the older unsellable stuff that Beautyfix couldn't even get rid of.   I guess you could say Beautyfix is Dermstore's outlet store where the items no one buys go to live.

Beautyfix does get some new items but those always get snapped up quickly like Evolv conditioner, Murad spf 30 primers, Jane Iredale stuff, but then stuff like Cures eye cream have been listed for over 1 year.

Beautyfix is part of Dermstore, so they make money when people come back to buy stuff and not everything is full size also.
I still like Beautyfix as I shop at Dermstore anyways and paid $150 for the year and am getting 4x $25 off $50 coupons for items I would be buying anyways (supersmile, Calagel, gifts).
If you go under "give a gift" and prepay the year it is $150....

Glossybox Canada admitted to getting items from "third parties" and is even now being unthruthful about expiry dates saying items are not discontinued when online it shows they are.

Also Glossybox Canada lied about who they partnered with for Dec- Revlon and Avon have said they did not deal with Glossybox Canada and never sent them product.

people have been getting 5 year old Revlon nail polish and Avon liquid eyeshadow from 2005.......

I may be wrong on this but I feel like GlossyBox is a franchise, or something similar. I don't see why a company with such a high reputation in the UK would do things to ruin itself unless its beyond their control. It doesn't seem like the people who run the UK side or any other country are the same people who run US because of all the problems US has had. It feels like GB USA is "new", which to me feels franchised.

I am not sure franchise is the right word for this sort of business but I hope you know what I mean.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yikes! If Glossybox Canada is doing that then Glossybox USA must be too.

I think franchise would fit. Even so a franchised company would still have to follow the rules set forth by the parent company when possible.

I agree completely, but that would explain why each sector is ran completely differently and there isn't much of a unified flow.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think franchise would fit. Even so a franchised company would still have to follow the rules set forth by the parent company when possible.

Glossybox Bodywash from last years box <borrowed pic from online> people were commenting they saw this at Dollarama and that just "clicked" this week. Saw this on a liquidation site online too.

Quote: Originally Posted byzadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yikes! If Glossybox Canada is doing that then Glossybox USA must be too.

Also some other people got this Avon liquid eyeshadow that is very old and separated.

A blogger "my clever disguise" posted this:

http://mycleverdisguise.com/beauty/glossybox-canada-december-2012-review/#comment-213

ebay listing:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JOB-LOT-X-2000-AVON-SUPER-SHOCK-VIVID-LIQUID-EYE-SHADOW-CHROMED-COCOA-ALL-SEALED-/25120856
7992?pt=UK_WSJL_Wholesale_GL&hash=item3a7d328cb8

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Letter from Glossybox, saved on my computer:

JAN 7 GLOSSYBOX RESPONSE:

Thank you for being so patient and understanding while waiting for an answer regarding the Avon products included in

December’s GLOSSYBOX. Because we’re an international company, we strive to bring you products from around the globe,

which is actually why it has taken longer than usual to update you on this issue. We’ve communicated with our

supplier in Europe, who has been a reliable GLOSSYBOX provider in the past, and they have reassured us that the

product is in date, new and unopened, but we are devastated if our GLOSSIES are upset.
Our investigation is not over

and we have learned a lot from this situation. We will be reevaluating how we approach quality assurances going

forward, since our number one priority will always be making (and keeping) you, our subscribers, surprised and

delighted with your GLOSSYBOX. If you have any questions at all about the Avon product you received, or about your

GLOSSYBOX in general, please feel free to email our customer service department at [email protected]. They will

be getting up to date information on this issue and will be best equipped to answer any questions or concerns that

you may have. Once again, thank you for your patience and understanding through this. We cannot even begin to

express how extremely appreciative we are to have your perspective, loyalty and support!

---------------------------------------

Maybe I should just start a new post for this info??? not too sure.

Back