*Spoilers* POPSUGAR Must Have August, 2013 Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a Ms bento =)  Love it!

Originally Posted by nicepenguins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got mine! Variations were purple bento and tamarind ginger shower gel. I think I will use most of the box, although I have a mr bento that is legit awesome (you can look it up on amazon). But it will be good to have a backup bento. I'm a college professor so my little apple dish will go in my office. Very happy about that.

Got my box Friday.  I got the blue lunch box, and citron/limon shower gel.  I thought the shower gel smelled like windex in the bottle, but once it was being used it smelled like key lime pie, and my dried skin then smelled lightly like lemons. 

I'm happy with the box this month.  I like the practicality of the selections. 

I went spoiler free this month, or didn't make it any more exciting for me. My take on the box:I have been wanting to get the hubby some Bentgo so that wad exciting. Of course I got the purple though so it will probably go unused. The body wash was a welcome edition but the smell is too perfumey for my taste, but a Prefect gift item for a friend. Can't easy the apples due to allergies, but my husband said he'll eat them. The notebook planner is cute, but I use my phone calendar, but my daughter snatched it up for school. Love Dermalogica & excited to try these products. I have been wanting the Gorjana necklace for years, yay! The red Apple dish goes with nothing in my house, but a fan.this box had a back to school vibe, which I don't think that Popsugar's Demographic fits that type of box. Love Popsugar but overall this wad not my favorite box.

Originally Posted by normajean2008 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my box Friday.  I got the blue lunch box, and citron/limon shower gel.  I thought the shower gel smelled like windex in the bottle, but once it was being used it smelled like key lime pie, and my dried skin then smelled lightly like lemons. 

I'm happy with the box this month.  I like the practicality of the selections. 
You've totally convinced me to give the shower gel a try...all you have to do is say the word "pie" and I can be talked into pretty much anything.  
18.gif

I love this months box!! Especially the Apple dish and the lunch box which I have been in need of a decent one for quite some time. I think this box is starting to appeal accross many age groups. I am sure we have 20's 30's 40's and even 50's age groups here. Many may be teachers, empty nesters enjoying having some fun things on a monthly basis, etc.

I think this box can reach across all age groups and from where I sit with friends in all different groups, they ALL think it's cool and love it.

What we don't like we can give to our daughters, sisters, mothers, etc

Share the joy! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love Popsugar!

Picked up my box today. I got the blue bento and magnolia fig body wash. Although I don't find this box very exciting, it is kind of fun. The bowl is whimsical, like many of y'all, I will be using it to hold my rings when I'm cooking. The agenda book is adorbs and perfect for the upcoming semester. As much as I love my iPhone, I can't let go of having a todo list on paper. And I really like the necklace, it's delicate and will make a great everyday piece (until it tarnishes any way, lol). The beauty items aren't really my cup of tea. I prefer more natural product with ingredients I can see. But, not everyone is as granola as I am, so they'll make great gifts. I'm certain I will use the bento at some point, but I usually prep a bunch of salads and snacks for the week, so it doesn't quite fit my routine. But it'll still get used, no doubt. I've already eaten half of the apple chips, so obviously I like those. Oh and my May Design code was for $5 off. I will probably order another cute book from them soon. All in all, a practical box. The bowl, agenda book and necklace were enough to keep me subbing. Though I am considering a month of the wantable box someone posted about a few pages back.

Blue bentgo and peony shower gel. I was pleasantly surprised that the peony wasn't as flowery as I thought. My 3 year old has claimed the apple bowl for her Os. :)

Green Bentgo and Magnolia Fig... Love this box! My May Designs was only for $5... But already used it on a cute budget journal! =)

Originally Posted by txsfajsmama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wasn't that excited about it after seeing the spoiler, but I actually like it a lot better in person. I actually love the necklace, although I don't usually wear gold, I wore it all day yesterday. If my neck was any bigger, it wouldn't fit, but I'm still losing baby weight, so I think it will be more comfortable Ina few months. I really liked everything in the box, though the apples would be much better without the icky end part of the core bottom.
Yep - mine was too tight, but I can pick up a cheap extender for 2 bucks, so I can easily make it wearable.  I've had better dried apples, these were too chewy with the skin.  Granny smiths have woody hard skin anyway, so not what I would have picked as stock for dried apples.  The bowl I'm meh on, I'm a potter, so I already have an endless supply of bowls acting as random stuff holders around the house.   Not my favorite, but not as bad as the one with all the laundry supplies:)

I got my box today! So excited about it! I got a green Bentgo. I was wanting a green or blue one because im thinking of using it for my sons school lunch. and i got the magnolia fig soap, which is what i wanted! I havent tried the apples yet, but i will later today. I'm happy this month. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My box was at work all along...I guess I didn't update my shipping address in time.

Green Bentgo

Tamarind Ginger Body wash

Interesting disparity from last month, the necklace from last month was heavy, this necklace it almost weightless.

I have no room in my kitchen for the apple bowl so I'll put mine on my night stand to hold my ear plugs, lip balm, mini lotion, fitbit and hair ties.  The cat loves to sling the ear plugs and hair ties under the bed so maybe keeping them in the bowl will help keep them contained...yeah right.  

My postman actually delivered my box to me this morning which surprised me. Normally they just shove it in a big locker in my mailbox stand. ( It's a neighborhood mailbox) They must have been trying to make up for the non delivery on Saturday. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I got the purple Bentgo box which is pretty. I was actually hoping for green or blue since my husband packs his lunches everyday but he won't care it's purple either so no matter what it will be used. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also got the Tamarind Ginger body wash. It smells so good so I'm happy to try it!

This box is my favorite so far. I will use everything in it even the necklace. I'm not normally a gold kinda girl but it's not as bold like the last necklace so I can pair it with some of the stuff I already have I think. Pretty darn happy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just got my box today and I'm loving it! The necklace is very dainty and delicate. I think it will look good with just about any outfit. 

I got the green bentgo box. If I were to choose, I probably would've picked purple, but I'm very happy with the green. Besides, I need to change things up!

I also got the Lulah body wash in Peony and Pivoine? Anyone can spell this out phonetically please? heh! I think the bottle is adorable, and this will be used asap!

Did anyone get a different colored/patterened May designs book? Oh, and my code was for $5.

Originally Posted by Boulderbon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also got the Lulah body wash in Peony and Pivoine? Anyone can spell this out phonetically please? heh! I think the bottle is adorable, and this will be used asap!

Did anyone get a different colored/patterened May designs book? Oh, and my code was for $5.
Pee-vwahn.It just means peony. 

I think everyone got the same design.

It's funny, I was hoping for a green bento and got purple, but I'm too lazy to try to swap it. You're right though, it's good to change things up!

I hope I get this box~

In regards to the necklace, what is it made of? 

Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope I get this box~

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe all of their jewelry is either silver or gold-plated silver base.

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe all of their jewelry is either silver or gold-plated silver base.
Does that mean it wears off? Is it suitable for people who have metal allergies?

I've got metal allergies and sensitive skin and have been wondering the same thing. Wore it two days and no hives or rashes but it has been itchy the plating looks like its going to rub off easily and that's usually when I have to stop. so hopefully you'll be fine enough lol?

Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope I get this box~

Their website says 18k gold plated.

I have to say, in regards to the box:  

The necklace: yes, is a little short... but since I was so against looong necklaces prior to receiving the Heather Belle one (which I now completely adore) I'm game to give it a shot. 

The Shower gel:  I got peony... which at first I gagged a little in my head (I hate florals)... it actually smells kind of good... I see myself using it as a bubble bath, not so much a shower gel... but I LOOOOVE me some bubble baths. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The apple bowl:  Is freakkkking cute!  I have nowhere in my apartment that it matches, but I am putting it on my kitchen...somewhere.  I think it is WAY to adorable.  If i decide I don't like it... it will be going to school with my niece to gift to her teacher this year.  (i'm not above bribery...and let's be honest... that teacher needs a little gift for dealing with the punk)

The apples:  are freaking dried apples... what's not to like?  granted they're not my 'go-to' snack... but they're good.  

The face wash:  I have wanted to try this brand for a little while.  I have heard nothing but great things... so i'm excited for the opportunity to give it a go.  

The bento box:  uhm.. i love lunch boxes.  This will get it's $35 worth.  This item alone made the box... IMO.  I have been eyeing bento boxes for a little over a year but couldn't justify the purchase as I have TONS of cute lunch containers already.  (it's my thing....don't judge)  the only thing that could have made it better?  a HELLO KITTY bento.... and no... i'm not a teenager... i'm nearing middle age... NO JUDGING!

The notebook:  I love the design... but here's what will inevitably happen.... I'll use it for a few weeks...then it will get lost in the bottom of my purse until I clean it out.... in about a year.    the good thing?  there's NO DATES... so when I find it again in a year... I CAN STILL USE IT!!!! HALLEFREAKINGLUJAH!!!!!   ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

Popsugar this month was almost cut... but I decided to hang on (for my birthday gift to myself) and quite honestly... I don't see it going anytime soon... some of the items aren't what I would've PICKED... but that's the fun of the box.... trying new things... and I got my value of $37 out of it.... what's not to like?  

Latest posts

Back