*Spoilers* POPSUGAR Must Have August, 2013 Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by barbyechick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got metal allergies and sensitive skin and have been wondering the same thing. Wore it two days and no hives or rashes but it has been itchy the plating looks like its going to rub off easily and that's usually when I have to stop. so hopefully you'll be fine enough lol?
Same here - I wore my necklace yesterday and forgot to take it off when I went the gym though and no rash or itching, so definitely a good sign.... at least til the plating rubs off

Originally Posted by Kerryliz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same here - I wore my necklace yesterday and forgot to take it off when I went the gym though and no rash or itching, so definitely a good sign.... at least til the plating rubs off
same

Originally Posted by PinkShanyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have to say, in regards to the box:  

The necklace: yes, is a little short... but since I was so against looong necklaces prior to receiving the Heather Belle one (which I now completely adore) I'm game to give it a shot. 

The Shower gel:  I got peony... which at first I gagged a little in my head (I hate florals)... it actually smells kind of good... I see myself using it as a bubble bath, not so much a shower gel... but I LOOOOVE me some bubble baths. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The apple bowl:  Is freakkkking cute!  I have nowhere in my apartment that it matches, but I am putting it on my kitchen...somewhere.  I think it is WAY to adorable.  If i decide I don't like it... it will be going to school with my niece to gift to her teacher this year.  (i'm not above bribery...and let's be honest... that teacher needs a little gift for dealing with the punk)

The apples:  are freaking dried apples... what's not to like?  granted they're not my 'go-to' snack... but they're good.  

The face wash:  I have wanted to try this brand for a little while.  I have heard nothing but great things... so i'm excited for the opportunity to give it a go.  

The bento box:  uhm.. i love lunch boxes.  This will get it's $35 worth.  This item alone made the box... IMO.  I have been eyeing bento boxes for a little over a year but couldn't justify the purchase as I have TONS of cute lunch containers already.  (it's my thing....don't judge)  the only thing that could have made it better?  a HELLO KITTY bento.... and no... i'm not a teenager... i'm nearing middle age... NO JUDGING!

The notebook:  I love the design... but here's what will inevitably happen.... I'll use it for a few weeks...then it will get lost in the bottom of my purse until I clean it out.... in about a year.    the good thing?  there's NO DATES... so when I find it again in a year... I CAN STILL USE IT!!!! HALLEFREAKINGLUJAH!!!!!   ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

Popsugar this month was almost cut... but I decided to hang on (for my birthday gift to myself) and quite honestly... I don't see it going anytime soon... some of the items aren't what I would've PICKED... but that's the fun of the box.... trying new things... and I got my value of $37 out of it.... what's not to like?  
Love your review...and agree with all of your sentiments. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Kerryliz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Even if it rubs off, it's just sterling silver underneath, which actually has disinfecting properties :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My necklace was already starting to rub off when I opened it. I don't mind, but it makes me wonder if their jewelry is worth the price. I've gotten cheap jewelry before that doesn't rub off like that, lol. I'll still wear it because, as of now, its not that noticeable when its on and I really do like the necklace, but I dont think i would pay full price for any of their jewelry now. Kind of a quality issue to me, i guess.

One thing I have to say about this month's box is that they did a great job with the packaging! Stuff was wrapped so that if it leaked it would be contained and everything was a little more protected. Good job, PS!

Originally Posted by AshJs3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One thing I have to say about this month's box is that they did a great job with the packaging! Stuff was wrapped so that if it leaked it would be contained and everything was a little more protected. Good job, PS!
That's awesome, I wish more boxes would do that. 

Unfortunately looks like I will not be getting my box. It was on the porch and our house was robbed, of course they also trashed the box. This is the second time our house has been robbed in two months, we have an alarm, new deadbolts, etc. Now we are up to about $15,000 in things stolen.

Anytime stylists or designers use something that doesn't go with anything else they just announce it is "an accent piece", so use your apple bowl as an accent piece!

Originally Posted by Kristine Walker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anytime stylists or designers use something that doesn't go with anything else they just announce it is "an accent piece", so use your apple bowl as an accent piece!
roflmao.gif

Originally Posted by icedone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Unfortunately looks like I will not be getting my box. It was on the porch and our house was robbed, of course they also trashed the box. This is the second time our house has been robbed in two months, we have an alarm, new deadbolts, etc. Now we are up to about $15,000 in things stolen.
Oh no!!! I'm so sorry... I can't believe this the second time you've been robbed in two months!  Do the police have any leads??!?

Oh no! I seriously hope they catch whoever did it (do the police think it's the same robbers both times?)  That is awful.  I'm so sorry this has happened to you.  Hopefully your insurance is being helpful with getting your items replaced.

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry! Was it during the daytime? It sounds like no one was hurt though, that's good. I certainly hope this is the LAST time for you though!
hug.gif

Oh...that really stinks! 

So sorry for your losses:-(

Ugh, what a nightmare! I know it's an another added expense and inconvenience for something that's most definitely not your fault, but if you're concerned about your mail, you might want to consider renting a p.o. box. At least until this theft issue gets resolved. =( 

Originally Posted by jrenee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry... I can't believe this the second time you've been robbed in two months!  Do the police have any leads??!?
That is just crazy! And did they get your must have box each time? What they heck? Are they targeting must have boxes? This is really strange. I hope no one got hurt. If the carriers are leaving the boxes at your door, it must be a good neighborhood. I know  that when I mail stuff by US mail or UPS or Fedex to my parents' house, it just sits on their porch, and the UPS and FEDEX carriers just told me that they have arrangements in certain neighborhoods that it is ok for them to leave the packages if they're considered safe neighborhoods. Weird. 

It has been an absolute nightmare. We're both still out of town and can't even deal with it from here. The cops came and didn't even call us! They got the Must Have box this time, not last time. It was sitting on the porch - had just been delivered a few hours prior to the break in. 

No leads. The police don't seem to be very interested in doing anything more than write a report. This time they seem to be taking a bit more interested since there were firearms taken.

As already upset as I am, I am even more upset knowing that they took my Must Have box and tore it all apart. I also know that they were all sold out of the box, so my chances of getting a replacement or something are pretty much nil. I've been crying all day. In the first robbery they took almost all of my jewelry including unique pieces from all over the world, diamonds, heirlooms, etc. so I have been trying to get a few new pieces, this Gorjana necklace from the box was going to be one of them.

Latest posts

Back