*Spoilers* POPSUGAR Must Have August, 2013 Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't believe I've updated in this thread yet.......

Update!!!!
biggrin.gif

I am thinking to unsubscribe. However, I will hate it if there will be a moleskine or an agenda/notebook with popsugar logo and I miss it. I do not care for the necklace...I dont know what to do :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> anyone else on the unsubscribe verge, but unsure? I know I will be biting my elbows if theres something I really like, lol I also saw the ice cube tray at local TJ Maxx today for around $6.

Originally Posted by Eleda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am thinking to unsubscribe. However, I will hate it if there will be a moleskine or an agenda/notebook with popsugar logo and I miss it. I do not care for the necklace...I dont know what to do :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> anyone else on the unsubscribe verge, but unsure? I know I will be biting my elbows if theres something I really like, lol I also saw the ice cube tray at local TJ Maxx today for around $6.
Yeah, I'm kind of on the fence too. Or at least taking a month off and seeing how it goes for September.

First of all, sometimes I think I hate one of their boxes and actually end up loving it. But I don't actually know until I try everything out. So potentially I'd think "good thing I canceled...but what if I really would have loved everything, I just don't know it yet."

Second, I'm hating the summer boxes of all varieties, because I'm not much of a summer person. No chocolate? Boo! Sunscreen? Boo! Moisturizers? Boo! I'm a fall/winter person, and right now seems like a bad time to cancel.

Third, it's my favorite subscription. I just love how off the wall/diverse the items are. I'm always really surprised to see what they get. I do wish they'd spoil one item per box; makes it easier to keep the rest a secret I suppose. However, $35/month is a lot of money for a subscription. On the other hand, I always use at least $35 worth of items, and $35 is less than I spend eating out/week, so...really, it's not that bad.

Anyway, IF they were going to have a notebook of some kind (which I totally think they should), it would probably be in September. Maybe August, but either way it would probably be labeled a "back to school season" type of item. And I would really love a PS notebook too. Or just a Moleskine in general, since I'd never buy one for myself. I kinda want PopSugar to send me a blanket too but I know that's probably not very likely (unfortunately).

It's funny how everyone wishes for such different things, but that's what makes sub boxes interesting (and hard for those who run them to please us all). For instance, I'd be totally annoyed if I got a moleskine or an agenda.  I work at a law firm and you'd think something like that would be ideal, but I have agendas and things of that sort coming out my ears.  They are all very pretty to look at, but I don't use them.  I have at least 3 from 2012, and 2 from 2013 and I haven't so much as touched them. 

I can't wait to get my box to see what they come up with.  I am really glad they don't do spoilers too because I can't resist the urge to peek (which ruined my first Lip Factory box for me).  I also accidentally ruined my first Stitch Fix box by going to look at my account online.  They had already posted the survey to take about what I received and my box won't arrive until Tuesday.  So I already saw everything I'm getting.
icon_cry.gif

Yeah, I'm kind of on the fence too. Or at least taking a month off and seeing how it goes for September. First of all, sometimes I think I hate one of their boxes and actually end up loving it. But I don't actually know until I try everything out. So potentially I'd think "good thing I canceled...but what if I really would have loved everything, I just don't know it yet." Second, I'm hating the summer boxes of all varieties, because I'm not much of a summer person. No chocolate? Boo! Sunscreen? Boo! Moisturizers? Boo! I'm a fall/winter person, and right now seems like a bad time to cancel. Third, it's my favorite subscription. I just love how off the wall/diverse the items are. I'm always really surprised to see what they get. I do wish they'd spoil one item per box; makes it easier to keep the rest a secret I suppose. However, $35/month is a lot of money for a subscription. On the other hand, I always use at least $35 worth of items, and $35 is less than I spend eating out/week, so...really, it's not that bad. Anyway, IF they were going to have a notebook of some kind (which I totally think they should), it would probably be in September. Maybe August, but either way it would probably be labeled a "back to school season" type of item. And I would really love a PS notebook too. Or just a Moleskine in general, since I'd never buy one for myself. I kinda want PopSugar to send me a blanket too but I know that's probably not very likely (unfortunately).
I would love a blanket, or quilt! I know a lot of people hate getting clothes but I would love a sweater (could even be light weight) or a cute button down blouse. Or some super comfy sweatpants. Sorry, I want fall with a passion. Me and heat don't mix well, like water and oil :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by pghmom1292 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would love a blanket, or quilt! I know a lot of people hate getting clothes but I would love a sweater (could even be light weight) or a cute button down blouse. Or some super comfy sweatpants. Sorry, I want fall with a passion. Me and heat don't mix well, like water and oil
frown.gif
A nice soft throw blanket/lap blanket would be cool, but maybe not for a couple more months until it gets cooler.

Have they sent out clothing in the past?  How did they get the right sizes and did they offer plus sizes?  Clothing seems like a difficult thing to put in a mass subscription box to me. 

This is the hardest time of the year for shopping.  It is still summer, but getting more summer stuff seems silly when soon it'll be fall..but the fall stuff is hard to use right now too.  I love fall/winter the most too, I can't wait to bust out the slippers, fall/holiday candles, and cozy up under the blankets!

Originally Posted by normajean2008 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have they sent out clothing in the past?  How did they get the right sizes and did they offer plus sizes?  Clothing seems like a difficult thing to put in a mass subscription box to me. 
For February they did a spa wrap and a thong--but they were "one size fits all." Unfortunately one size does not actually fit all, so there were definitely complaints and plus sized panties were offered and plus sized wraps were made. I -think- PopSugar learned their lesson on that one, but they did send out a sarong in the summer special edition box. Since the FAQ says no sizing information is needed, they are kind of required (unless they change it) to send out things that aren't size-specific.

I would really love if PopSugar would offer an "either/or" option for some months where people could elect to get a "mystery clothing item" instead of a "mystery beauty/fitness/tech/home item" and boxes would finally be semi-customized. That's really complicated though and I think is unlikely. Golden Tote offers a great clothing subscription, though they only offer options in a few sizes.

Last fall they picked out a t-shirt from Stylemint, but they sent a gift card for a free credit worth $29.99. People were mostly happy with that because if they didn't have your size, it could also be used on Jewelmint, Shoemint, or Intimint.

that stylemint credit was great... I bought a cute pair of shoes from shoemint using the $29.99 credit. 

It's a bummer there was such flack over the robe.  I use my robe everyday now that it's too hot to keep the heavy towel on after a shower.  I'd like to see more accessory/clothing items in the future, but there would be a lot of backlash and upset feelings over items that don't fit or can't be used for multiple purposes.  

I used my stylemint card for a bracelet (that I'm wearing today), I picked out a simple silver bracelet.  

I think the sarong from the Summer box is a generous size and works just as well as a scarf.  I'm not a sarong wearer, they're not to functional at the beach, I feel they are more suited for a pool or pool party. I prefer to wear mine as a scarf.   

Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's a bummer there was such flack over the robe.  I use my robe everyday now that it's too hot to keep the heavy towel on after a shower.  I'd like to see more accessory/clothing items in the future, but there would be a lot of backlash and upset feelings over items that don't fit or can't be used for multiple purposes.  

I used my stylemint card for a bracelet (that I'm wearing today), I picked out a simple silver bracelet.  

I think the sarong from the Summer box is a generous size and works just as well as a scarf.  I'm not a sarong wearer, they're not to functional at the beach, I feel they are more suited for a pool or pool party. I prefer to wear mine as a scarf.   
Though the wrap fit me I just can't stand wearing it. It's -so- short that I would flash everyone without wearing underwear underneath, and the velcro isn't secure-feeling enough for me. I still liked the concept, but...I wish it was a little longer at least. I have a fairly long waist proportionally but I'm 5'2", so I feel like it shouldn't be an issue.

I used my sarong as a curtain. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It would have fit and was generously sized, but it was a very odd fabric for beach/water-wear, and mine started fraying almost immediately.

I love the spa wrap- it's perfect for the summer season!! Hubby loves it too... The short, barely there style..lol! I wish that PS would put more items like the wrap into the box- I do remember the fiasco though so I doubt it will happen. It's too bad they couldn't customize different sizes into O/S & PS! If they had a function where their database could sort by the querys I don't think it should be that difficult- I'd imagining customizing does make things more difficult but as a customer, I would greatly appreciate this!

Aaaagh I can't decide if I should sign up again. I really want the August box, but it's sold out. Hmmm, sign up now, and hope for an August box, or just take September? Also, if I want to use one of the discount codes, do I have to close my account first, then open a new account with a different email address? Can I use the same delivery address and credit card?

I closed my account and used a new discount code when I signed up again. I used the same email, shipping address, and billing info - it worked just fine. Even though the account number is different from the first time, it still reflects my referrals, which is nice. I did this back in April and didn't have to skip any months. I would say go for it because you just might get August, and if you don't last year the September box was really good!

I was looking at my account, and noticed something I hadn't seen before: there's a page of preferences! It asks for colour preference, gold vs silver, clothing size, even shoe size. Is this new? Are they actually going to send out shoes?!

I was looking at my account, and noticed something I hadn't seen before: there's a page of preferences! It asks for colour preference, gold vs silver, clothing size, even shoe size. Is this new? Are they actually going to send out shoes?!
Thanks for letting us know. I'm sure they'll send out an email to let us know to fill out the survey. Since they haven't told us about the survey yet I'm gonna assume it probably won't affect the August box because they would probably need to know sizes when they get orders together. Maybe it will be something in the September box. I'm excited /nervous to see if they try the more customized box approach.

Back