*Spoilers* POPSUGAR Must Have August, 2013 Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by MoiSurtout /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was looking at my account, and noticed something I hadn't seen before: there's a page of preferences! It asks for colour preference, gold vs silver, clothing size, even shoe size. Is this new? Are they actually going to send out shoes?!
Sounds awesome! Maybe they'll start including more clothing since there shouldn't be any size issues any more. Here's hoping 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by JMezz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sounds awesome! Maybe they'll start including more clothing since there shouldn't be any size issues any more. Here's hoping 
smile.gif
My guess is that they are not using it to customize but more to poll the subscribers on what might be a consensus, at least at this point in time.

I'm kind of hoping they just send generic stuff like pyjama shorts or something, rather than actual wear-outside-the-house clothes. I'm very picky and sadly, 'late Edwardian' was not one of the style options. 

interesting, just filled it out..I'm pretty sure this is way too late to affect August box but I wonder what it's for...polling for research is actually a good guess, jennifer

I'm very picky and sadly, 'late Edwardian' was not one of the style options. 
This cracked me up. Very curious about your style now, sounds awesome!

I was looking at my account, and noticed something I hadn't seen before: there's a page of preferences! It asks for colour preference, gold vs silver, clothing size, even shoe size. Is this new? Are they actually going to send out shoes?!
Oh my gosh! Great catch!! I'm really intrigued now!

I guess I should log on my account more! I wasn't happy with the July box at first but then idk why I didn't think of this before but I was like, omg I can save these items for Christmas presents. It was like a magical curtain opened in front of my eyes and realized that someone would be very happy for Christmas Anyways, I am staying for August the Gorjana necklace got me. That alone for me is worth the $35. I love their jewelry and I am a fan of gold toned jewelry. I really can't pull off silver it looks really odd on me. But I am mostly a fall person, I love everything about the fall. How it starts to get cooler an the leafs change colors. And I can wear scarfs and warm boots and sweaters. Last Christmas my only wish item that I wanted were sweaters. Well everyone listened and I ended up with about 20 sweaters lol. So I am ready for fall :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I signed up last Oct and began saving items from the Oct, Nov and Dec boxes for xmas presents.  It saved me a lot of time and money.  The spring summer boxes have worked out great for birthday, house warming/hostess and wedding gifts.  I figure for $35 I keep some for myself, give some away, sell/trade some stuff it's well worth my money spent.  

Uhm... a lightweight blanket would be absolutely fab... especially since that G&G scarf has been a summer blanket for me -- out in my zero gravit chair reading books... it's been a wrap, cover up, blanket, picnic blanket, scarf, and even a headband.  I freaking love that thing.  A light and SOFT blanket would make me the happiest girl in the world.  in like a dusty blue or a light gray.  HELLOOOO!!!! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  For August, IDK what i'm hoping for... something fab.   ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  And I am in LOVE with the preferences... this makes me SO HAPPY!!!  shoe size?  flippies!?  socks!?  i'm good with either.  and then clothing!?  YAYAYAYAY!!!  I was contemplating cancelling after august... now i can't... i feel like I  need to wait and see what's next :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

I will cry if the send flip flops. I absolutely hate them. Well... I guess I could wear them in the health club shower... I would LOVE some fun socks though!

Originally Posted by melanie0971 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will cry if the send flip flops. I absolutely hate them. Well... I guess I could wear them in the health club shower... I would LOVE some fun socks though!
Seconded.

I would rather have some nice gladiator/t-strap type sandals (not the ones that criss cross up your legs, more like this style http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product.jsp?productId=1415_2887_249&catId=cat3120012). Flip flops always give me blisters. BUT I could totally wear them to check the mail and take the garbage out and stuff.

$10 off 3 months subscription with code BAUBLEBAR10
Thanks so much for the code- every little bit helps. 3 boxes for ($85) - that breaks down to $28.33/a box- not too shabby!!

I like to keep a pair of flip flops in the car for spontaneous pedis. Otherwise, I despise them. If they do start sending out clothes, I will be canceling. I'm picky (no woven fabrics or buttons, preferably Asian-influenced tunic-y pullover shirts) and tall with long legs and a short torso. Shoes? College foot injury = have to be really careful about shoes. My coordination = no heels. Doc Martens figure heavily in my shoe collection. I specifically avoid clothing subs for a reason, and that would be the clothing. (I have been thinking about canceling in a few months anyway. I'm just starting to get bored with this sub, and I just signed up for a high-end makeup sub, so I could use some budget-cutting anyway.)

I will cry if the send flip flops. I absolutely hate them. Well... I guess I could wear them in the health club shower... I would LOVE some fun socks though
Maybe it'll be a nice pair of cozy slippers for fall/winter boxes? 

Originally Posted by normajean2008 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe it'll be a nice pair of cozy slippers for fall/winter boxes? 
This seems more likely. They haven't really advertised anything about filling out your profile so I'm guessing no changes would actually start until the winter months. And slippers are usually more of a S/M M/L L/XL type of sizing system which would make it easier on them if they're trying to customize.

I like to keep a pair of flip flops in the car for spontaneous pedis. Otherwise, I despise them. If they do start sending out clothes, I will be canceling. I'm picky (no woven fabrics or buttons, preferably Asian-influenced tunic-y pullover shirts) and tall with long legs and a short torso. Shoes? College foot injury = have to be really careful about shoes. My coordination = no heels. Doc Martens figure heavily in my shoe collection. I specifically avoid clothing subs for a reason, and that would be the clothing. (I have been thinking about canceling in a few months anyway. I'm just starting to get bored with this sub, and I just signed up for a high-end makeup sub, so I could use some budget-cutting anyway.)
ooooo what makeup sub did you sing up to?

Back