American Idol - The New Season

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah for HDtv!!

Tony, do you or any of you guys remember "The Gong Show"??? It was the Original American Idol Reality TV.....talk about White Trash Losers and Weirdos doing Really weird shit. But they also had some very talented singers on there occasionally, almost by accident. Most of the show was Beeped out by censors because it was so filthy and hilarious. They had Jaye P. Morgan, Jamie Farr (Klinger from MASH), Rip Taylor and other Hollywood outcasts as the Judges.

I think everybody on that show was wasted from beginning to end. It was epic and cool,..and you could never do anything like that on TV today.

American Idol is my secret obsession!

But my Gosh, don't some of these wanna-be's UNDERSTAND that their singing blows chunks? I mean, someone should tell these losers they have absolutely no talent. I also think it is interesting that the worst singers (totally tone deaf and no pitch) have horrible attitudes but are the first ones to complain to the camera when Simon shoots them down in flames!

If I had an inkling to audition and I stunk (and I do-singing that is, not hygenically) I would hope and pray someone would TELL me before I made a complete fool out of myself! It is only right!

SAD!

mmmm... he's my fave!!!!!!!! i want to things to him that should be discussed in the sex forum. lol

Ok, tell me if you think I'm wrong but that girl Brenda is annoying the crap out of me. Its one thing to be self confident but its another to get up there with a major attitude problem and conceitedness. ARGH! She isn't going to last. No way.

Now....I really LOVED Taylor Hicks (the grey haired guy) and that young man who sang "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" - I was very surprised they didn't care for him. He sings just like a young Frank Sinatra.:icon_love

This is a tough one. I want more than one person to win!! I like a lot of them!!

My faves are Taylor Hicks and Chris Daughtry. I didn't like Chris before last night but was really impressed with his Bon Jovi song choice. Taylor's been my favorite since he auditioned, but I didn't think he'd make it far cause he doesn't look like Ace Young or something. But he seems to be really popular!

Speaking of Ace Young, there's just something about his voice that makes me think "you're a few years late for N'sync auditions".

Yes, Ace Young does have that "boy group" sounding voice, doesn't he? - but I did think he sang that George Michael song pretty good. In fact, I was thinking - he should do a George Michael song last week. lol

I have so many favorites its really hard to decide.

I kept trying to call in to vote for Taylor Hicks but the line was busy. Is there a crazy charge for those 866 calls?

I don't know about charging.. I called a lot a few years ago and never heard anything about it on the phone bill.

Yeah Lisa - her eyes seemed like she was out of it or something. I don't get her sometimes...

Anyway - I'm so glad that pain in the butt is off! Brenna !!:clap

Thank God - she is off!!!:clap :clap

MMmmmm....yea him singing that George Michael song was good for me too! :icon_love

Ok, that's it - I made up my mind who I want to win. It has nothing to do with looks, this is based strictly on the way they sing.

I am a BIG fan of:

1) Taylor Hicks - this guy is quirky but in a good way - sings great and is never OFF-KEY, performing, likeable, etc. I want him to win this year!!!

2) Second runner-up - Gideon. - I am a huge fan of 1960's soul music and this guy has the singing, performing, and looks NAILED. I don't think he will win first but I really hope he isn't voted off. I really like his singing and performing.

Ok those are my two cents on last night's show!! :laughing:

One of my drop dead favs is Mellissa MCGhee:

melissa.jpg

ya know, at first I didn't like Melissa, but when I heard her sing those songs by Heart and (what's the name of that other girl group) - I liked her - I think she sings those kind of songs fantastic!

I'd like smack Simon off his head though! :laughno:

I AM SO PISSED! How could Gedeon get voted off and not Kevin? This is absolutely absurd. This is show about talent not popularity, like we're in high school. Gedeon has been singing flawlessly and without going off key AT ALL. Not only can he sing great, he's also a natural performer up there.

While people may feel sorry for the nerd-factor, or think he's cute, Kevin needs to develop his skills more. He stands up there not knowing what to do with his hands. :doze: He's stiff and his singing style would not appeal to the masses and in my opinion is harder to market.:madno:

Gedeon's style and singing appeals to the masses and is more marketable than Kevin. There is no way anyone can convince me that Kevin is a better singer than Gedeon. I'm guessing his high school teacher made the entire school and town of Long Island where he lives vote for him.

I've read comments on the Internet that Gedeon is "weird during interviews" - but the guy isn't trying out for a talk show host position. He may not be as bubbly or cutesy as the others but what I see on stage is someone who seems like a natural born singer and performer. He reminds me of a 1960's soul singer - and performs like one.

Kevin needs to go home and come back when he's more seasoned.

Back