Beauty Army - April

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a great idea...I'm on my iPhone so let me see if I can attach a pic Okay, I can't but here's what I chose: Clickr acne pen Boo boo cover up (didn't really want, but I'm hoping it can cover up my nose ring scar) Purlisse lip moisturizer (already have this but oh well) Karuna anti blemish mask Purely cosmetics mineral makeup My face foundation I chose medium or olive skin (same foundation results) then I chose Anti acne, and makeup. My age i think I chose 19-24. Forgive me if this isn't spot on, but I took the quiz SO many times. None of the other factors change my results (makeup choices, nail or hair preferences). When I chose brightening products, I believe it added the Purlisse brightened that I wanted, but took away the Clickr pen (and had the same awful control corrective acne choice) This was the only way I could get BOTH foundations and acne pen and the karuna mask. No matter WHAT, there was something called Keller or something along those lines, control corrective, boo boo coverup and the skin fx primer. They wouldn't go away. The control corrective was some kind of acne wash, and if I chose anti aging, it changed to a wrinkle cream!

Wow..if that Joico is 5.1 ounces that's pretty big! My full sized Joico is over 8 ounces....so it very well could be! A little upset, lmao because I thought that the only hair product they had was psssst! Oh well

I was just wondering if everyone did *not* receive the usual email that says the selection window is open. I did not, nor did I receive the thing about "thanks for picking, your kit will go out in a few days." Not that I mind, I'm glad I checked out the site, I just found it curious. For my part I'm stoked about this month's selections! It looks like the makeup will actually match my skin tone.

Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was just wondering if everyone did *not* receive the usual email that says the selection window is open. I did not, nor did I receive the thing about "thanks for picking, your kit will go out in a few days." Not that I mind, I'm glad I checked out the site, I just found it curious. For my part I'm stoked about this month's selections! It looks like the makeup will actually match my skin tone.

I never received it and just randomly decided to go on the site to see if my window was officially open and it was. 

Why didn't I wait??? Damn. Oh, well. The lesson from my experience is not to jump the gum on your order after two glasses of wine, girls!

Yeah, I always pick on the first of the month, so... ::shruggle::

I went ahead and canceled, though. I'm not upset with them or anything, but I don't need a lot of skincare samples right now, and I'm a little disappointed that they couldn't supply their few cosmetics samples in enough shades that I could try them. I liked(ish) my April box, but I cut this one and Sample Society for now.

Just a little tidbit, lots of ppl are saying they did not receive those emails either, over on BA's fb page. My choose date is automatically changed now. I'm glad, because my old date was the 23...I'm just hoping I continue to have good choices at the beginning of the month now!

I went ahead and sent them an email about changing my selection date, mostly because they are my only sub that charges midway/later in the month because my selection date a little more than midway though the month. I want my subs to all charge at the beginning of the month. Great choices for my kit is a bonus!

This was my selection.

Happy about the foundation. Im always on a quest to find a better foundation no matter the cost! Mainly i just shell out the money to buy a expensive brand than go back to my normal brand :x So im excited i can actually try these items on my picky skin, without paying 60 bucks on something i probably wont like! And tools? I love razor eyebrow tools and haven't seen anywhere i could buy them in the US ! These items definetly sold me for this sub service. Its rare to get get foundation and even more rare to get tools in a sub service!

Mod note: Images fixed by Zadidoll. See How to insert an image into a post to learn how to do that. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If you have a sephora near you, they will give you samples of anything you'd like so you don't have to shell out money. If you do, and don't like it, you can return it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by spackles /img/forum/go_quote.gif

2018-0014-0002-200x200.jpg
1725-0025-0002-200x200.jpg
2105-0028-0003-200x200.jpg

2127-0030-0002-200x200.jpg
2133-0004-0002-200x200.jpg
2119-0017-0010-200x200.jpg

This was my selection.

Happy about the foundation. Im always on a quest to find a better foundation no matter the cost! Mainly i just shell out the money to buy a expensive brand than go back to my normal brand :x So im excited i can actually try these items on my picky skin, without paying 60 bucks on something i probably wont like! And tools? I love razor eyebrow tools and haven't seen anywhere i could buy them in the US ! These items definetly sold me for this sub service. Its rare to get get foundation and even more rare to get tools in a sub service!

2018-0014-0002-200x200.jpg
1725-0025-0002-200x200.jpg
2105-0028-0003-200x200.jpg

2127-0030-0002-200x200.jpg
2133-0004-0002-200x200.jpg
2119-0017-0010-200x200.jpg

This was my selection.

I buy eyebrow razors at target lol. 

I've bought eyebrow razors at Dollar Tree. Yet...never used 'em. They're one of those things I always THINK I'll use, but never do.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've bought eyebrow razors at Dollar Tree. Yet...never used 'em. They're one of those things I always THINK I'll use, but never do.

I couldn't live without them lol. I have two hairs on my chin hahaha. Plus, tweezing makes me sneeze! 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I couldn't live without them lol. I have two hairs on my chin hahaha. Plus, tweezing makes me sneeze! 

I have more than two on my chin, so I wax and pluck. I hate tweezing my eyebrows, but OTHER hairs, I find it very relaxing. I'm weird like that.

I actually purchased one of those silly FINISHING TOUCH shavers for the chin issue, but I wasn't too thrilled with it.

Quote: Originally Posted by calexxia

I couldn't live without them lol. I have two hairs on my chin hahaha. Plus, tweezing makes me sneeze.

LOL  the razors make it easier for me to get my unibrow ;x tweezing just seems soooooo time consuming not to mention the aquired pain.;x  And glamourdolleyes never knew they actually gave samples of foundations to take home. I dislike other people doing my makeup at cosmetic counters in fear i may turn out to look all dragged up. So i do swatches on my hands instead. But the skin on the hand compared to the face is diffrent for me, i am sensitive to anything and everything ;x Will check into that thanks for the info!

and what do u guys think of using the razor on the upper lip? ;x I dont have a mustache or anything but i do have little hairs that show up in the sun! Do you guys think if i did this would it make my hairs grow in thicker? or is that a old wives tale?

and what do u guys think of using the razor on the upper lip? ;x I dont have a mustache or anything but i do have little hairs that show up in the sun! Do you guys think if i did this would it make my hairs grow in thicker? or is that a old wives tale?

Nope that is a rumor, as far as I know. The black hairs on my chin were black long before I shaved/tweezed them. 

They don't grow in thicker, BUT they come in blunted, instead of tapered, so they APPEAR thicker. Plus, if you tweeze, eventually, they stop growing.

i really diss like having to wait until the 17th for my selection. there are hardly any good thins to pick by then.

Back