Benebaby's "Brows Across the Universe" Campaign

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brows are so much better thanks to Amanda. She introduced me to Brow Zings and the Benefit Beauty Bar. Whoo hoo!

I wanted to share how thin they were last year, I like how they look now. They look drawn in, but they were just shaded.

I stay away from getting mine waxed because they always leave me with thin little brows. I havent had many good experiences getting my brows waxed, one time i had nearly half my brow taken off.

Originally Posted by Kee /img/forum/go_quote.gif Love this campaign!! I try my best with my brows, but I'm definitely no expert . . . I'd get them done by a professional, but I don't really trust just anyone with my eyebrows. I mean, they're right on my face, if someone messes up I'm screwed! LOL! at least if I mess up I only have myself to blame
tongue.gif

I think I'd like to find someone who was really good and get them to do it though. That would be awesome!

Love the new brows Aquilah!!

ahh, same here kee.I dont think my brows are toooo bad.
smile.gif

I have huge thick werewolf brows. I've been too lazy too pluck at all recently because I've been wearing glasses. I figure that my glasses are so huge that nobody will notice my brows. I get them waxed every few months and theoretically pluck to keep them in shape. I did pluck this morning because I'm wearing contacts tonight! I'd really like a more dramatic arch, but I don't think I can change the shape that dramatically.

I'm completely obsessed with eyebrows and have always been. I've been growing them out for 2 months and tomorrow I'm going to get them threaded! I'm so excited, as the growth makes them look such a mess. I've been complimented on my eyebrows, many times in the past, however I am never pleased with them myself (too much of a perfectionist!)

here is a question.. what would you recommend for guys? I don't want my brows super thin and feminine but I don't want the bert from sesame street look either.

Originally Posted by hs769 /img/forum/go_quote.gif here is a question.. what would you recommend for guys? I don't want my brows super thin and feminine but I don't want the bert from sesame street look either. Get them threaded and talk to the person, who will advise you the best shape to suit your facial features. From what I've heard, waxinf can cause the skin to sag.

Thanks benebaby for the suggestions =]. I got them done about a week ago and they messed them up soo much (that's why they are so far away from my nose). Right now I'm working on growing them in so I will try to follow that!

Another question....I was born with dark brown eyebrows and light brown/dark blonde hair. Now that I have gotten my hair lightened even more, should I have my eyebrows lightened? Any suggestions?

Ellen Marie

Originally Posted by mtgirl118 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks benebaby for the suggestions =]. I got them done about a week ago and they messed them up soo much (that's why they are so far away from my nose). Right now I'm working on growing them in so I will try to follow that!Another question....I was born with dark brown eyebrows and light brown/dark blonde hair. Now that I have gotten my hair lightened even more, should I have my eyebrows lightened? Any suggestions?

Ellen Marie

Apparently, blondes should be 2 shades darker than their hair colour and others should ensure their eyebrows are lighter than their hair. I would say, it really depends on how they actually look; lightening eyebrows can make the face appear softer, although they may appear two toned, when growing in.

Originally Posted by hs769 /img/forum/go_quote.gif here is a question.. what would you recommend for guys? I don't want my brows super thin and feminine but I don't want the bert from sesame street look either. I like a guys brows to look clean, but not "metro". A guy should never get his brows arched!! If anything have a pro cleean-up the middle and TWEEZE any stray hairs. Waxing looks to obvious on Men.

Originally Posted by mtgirl118 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks benebaby for the suggestions =]. I got them done about a week ago and they messed them up soo much (that's why they are so far away from my nose). Right now I'm working on growing them in so I will try to follow that!Another question....I was born with dark brown eyebrows and light brown/dark blonde hair. Now that I have gotten my hair lightened even more, should I have my eyebrows lightened? Any suggestions?

Ellen Marie

You could use a cream bleach like Jolen to lighten your brows. You just paint it on and leave it for a few seconds to lighten them to the desired shade. Be careful though because you could end up with orangey brows. Also be advised that you will have to continue to do it because they will grow back in and look "highlighted"...LOL

Waht is a good powder/pencil to fill in brows?? I had been using a really cheap pencil, but i ran out and want to try something new. My brows are lighter in some spots and I have to fill them in. Any suggestions??

Originally Posted by mtgirl118 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Another question....I was born with dark brown eyebrows and light brown/dark blonde hair. Now that I have gotten my hair lightened even more, should I have my eyebrows lightened? Any suggestions?
Ellen Marie

Do you have a picture showing the front of your face, hair and eyebrows? I have blonde hair and darker eyebrows as well. I imagined myself that it looked really silly and let them lighten professional once. I regretted it afterwards. It like all the attention was drawn away from my eyes. Darker brows frame your eyes and make your eyes pop out. My eyebrows are my natural colour again and I appreciate the colour now.
I had a point in this story.... Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure your eyebrow colour looks just fine. Fact is, most natural blondes have darker brows. It are usually the fake blondes who have matching blonde eyebrows.

Originally Posted by crazypretty /img/forum/go_quote.gif Waht is a good powder/pencil to fill in brows?? I had been using a really cheap pencil, but i ran out and want to try something new. My brows are lighter in some spots and I have to fill them in. Any suggestions?? I really like the NYX brow kit. It comes with a wax and a powder and retails a few dollars. The brush it comes with is crap but the product is good. I prefer Benefit Browzings but the NYX is a pretty good alternative.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ladies and Gents... I have officially started a campaign to make our Universe more beautiful. No this isn't a campaign about recycling or using one square of toilet paper....It's all about the brows!!
This may seem rant-like but I am TIRED of seeing the World filled with bad brows. We're talkin tweezed until one inch of life brows, overly arched brows, comma brows, no brows...it's a Universal Epidemic. Being a self-proclaimed Brow Expert I have decided to take matters into my own hands. Here are some of my tips....

-I know mistakes are made, shoot I've been overtweezed before! But grow those bad boys out for at least 3 weeks...don't touch, and have them shaped professionally. I know the pros aren't always right so communicate your wants and needs to your waxer.

-When it comes to brows More is better than less. I'd rather see a unibrow than 3 hairs floating above your eyes. When in doubt about a hair..don't tweeze it.

-If you have sparse brows or brows significantly lighter than your hair, look into tinting or a brow product like Benefit Browzing...it makes an amazing difference. When your brows are in check you look more polished and your eye makeup looks sooo much better.

-Never try to change the shape of your arch/brows you were born with. It will always look artifical and not quite right.

Questions??? Concerns??? Wanna be part of my campaign???

http://www.beautyhobby.com/wp-conten...salon_main.jpg
http://www.stylelounge.tv/images/Hillary%20Rhoda5.jpg
OK what about me. When I was 15, everybody plucked half of the brow to form what they called an "angel wing."Mine never grew back. That was 30 years ago. I would love to have eyebrows. Everyday I have to "put on" my brows. I was going to have them tatooed at one time, but needed the money for something else.

Any advice.

Sheila
tocktock.gif
add_wegbrech.gif
rockwoot.gif
scared.gif

Originally Posted by sheilarose /img/forum/go_quote.gif OK what about me. When I was 15, everybody plucked half of the brow to form what they called an "angel wing."Mine never grew back. That was 30 years ago. I would love to have eyebrows. Everyday I have to "put on" my brows. I was going to have them tatooed at one time, but needed the money for something else.

Any advice.

Sheila
tocktock.gif
add_wegbrech.gif
rockwoot.gif
scared.gif

Well....I have seen some great tattooed brows and I have seen some horrible ones. What ever you decide, do a lot of research!! The ones that look great are done to look like actual hairs, not blocks of color. Also go a little lighter, tattoos change color over time and I have seen green and blue brows!!!

Okay, these are my brows. What do you think? I really do need help!

The way the one in the last picture looks is how I want them both to look close up, too, but I don't know if that looks good on me or how to achieve it.

Back