Birchbox April 2014 - SPOILERS

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried shaving my legs with sugar scrub, holy crap! It was a little abrasive at first, but damn my legs are freakin smooooooooth.  
Yup. Like I said, it will wreck your blades, so be prepared to change frequently, but *so* worth it to me! As an added bonus, my legs get ultra super mega flaky and dry, which is a big part of why I don't usually get a smooth shave, and shaving-with-scrub clears all of that away.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup. Like I said, it will wreck your blades, so be prepared to change frequently, but *so* worth it to me! As an added bonus, my legs get ultra super mega flaky and dry, which is a big part of why I don't usually get a smooth shave, and shaving-with-scrub clears all of that away.
Thanks for the tips!  

I have that giant sugar scrub from PS's summer box last year that I've hardly put a dent in, it's perfect for shaving with, has a good thick consistency.  I also get DSC blades so I can change out regularly.

Quote: Originally Posted by AshJs3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The DSC blades tore up my legs! I was so sad. I used the same shave gel as usual and everything. I use the Men's Gillette Mach 3 razors. Women's razors just don't work as well.
So funny, I always thought I was weird for using men's razors.  I agree they work better.  I love the Schick Hydro 5 with the battery (for vibration), it's the best I've used.  Though, I already lasered my underarms and just started on my legs so I'm running out of places to shave haha.

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  birchbox pluses for april:

eta: too expensive this month IMO, the eyeko set is $39, and the bottle is $24. Not worth it at all for me.
WOW. way too expensive. i got the offer too. does the eyeko come with a guitar pick too?

i do like the bottle but i don't like glass bottles since i think theyre a bit heavy and i'm afraid of toting around glass. i'll just buy a new nalgene. my camelbak (the one with the bitey straw) gets super gross right away. THe bite part also gets nasty no matter how much i clean it!

Quote: Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  WOW. way too expensive. i got the offer too. does the eyeko come with a guitar pick too?

i do like the bottle but i don't like glass bottles since i think theyre a bit heavy and i'm afraid of toting around glass. i'll just buy a new nalgene. my camelbak (the one with the bitey straw) gets super gross right away. THe bite part also gets nasty no matter how much i clean it!
I love the idea of camelbacks but they suck in theory. I get them for free all the time from Lexis at my law school, and the straws get so gross, so now the idea of them just grosses me out. I'm a tervis girl, i have two hello kitty ones, a kids size one and an adult one, the kids one is the perfect size for my small hands.

I love the feeling of glass bottles, they feel luxe, but I'm so clumsy that I don't want to risk breaking them :x

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I love the idea of camelbacks but they suck in theory. I get them for free all the time from Lexis at my law school, and the straws get so gross, so now the idea of them just grosses me out. I'm a tervis girl, i have two hello kitty ones, a kids size one and an adult one, the kids one is the perfect size for my small hands.

I love the feeling of glass bottles, they feel luxe, but I'm so clumsy that I don't want to risk breaking them :x
yeah i've had...2 or 3 during my under grad? i'm always buying replacement bite parts. its so gross. one of my friend's bite part was all yellow and she didn't realize that was MOLD or other fuzzy wuzzies growing in there flavoring her water for her. i have a tervis..i should start using that! otherwise, i usually use one of those cold starbucks tumblers (the ones that look like the cold cup) and i have 10000s of them since i would just steam them from work or get them for super cheap with my discount.

birchbox pluses for april: eta: too expensive this month IMO, the eyeko set is $39, and the bottle is $24. Not worth it at all for me.
I have a water bottle like this but tall and skinny. Way easier to tip than the one that birchbox is offering. I have dropped it on the floor before and it didn't break. The one thing I like about glass is that it doesn't retain any smell as compared to some of my plastic bottles.

I LOVE those water bottles! They're so cute. A little boutique here has them with cute sayings on them. I used my 100% Pure eye cream this morning and it works pretty well but I swear it smells like old popcorn. I keep getting whiffs of it through the day and I'm like Mmmm... Popcorn!

birchbox pluses for april: eta: too expensive this month IMO, the eyeko set is $39, and the bottle is $24. Not worth it at all for me.
My main account received this email and my second account (inactive) received an email for a year sub to women's health mag for 9.99 plus a makeup bag. Maybe another "collab" with women's health soon?

Quote: Originally Posted by angienharry /img/forum/go_quote.gif

April wish list:
Hoping for some makeup (except for mascara) Maybe a colored eye liner or a lip liner would be awesome.
Bath salts
Nail polish in a fun spring color
Sulfate free, paraben free shampoo/ conditioner
Extra- tea or chocolate or how about a candle!
I second these! I love bath salts but I hate that they only come in lavender, eucalyptus, chamomile, vanilla, or some combination of two of those. They never come in like jasmine or rose or anything like that. It'd be nice to see them with one of those scents without having to by the stuff myself. And definitely the tea, chocolate, or a candle! I love all three, especially tea. I could get tea in every box and be completely happy! 

April wish list: Hoping for some makeup (except for mascara) Maybe a colored eye liner or a lip liner would be awesome. Bath salts Nail polish in a fun spring color Sulfate free, paraben free shampoo/ conditioner Extra- tea or chocolate or how about a candle!
I second these! I love bath salts but I hate that they only come in lavender, eucalyptus, chamomile, vanilla, or some combination of two of those. They never come in like jasmine or rose or anything like that. It'd be nice to see them with one of those scents without having to by the stuff myself. And definitely the tea, chocolate, or a candle! I love all three, especially tea. I could get tea in every box and be completely happy! 
I got Mox Botanicals Bath something or other in Rose through Birchbox. I've also seen it on the trade threads the last couple months.

I caved... I've been fighting the urge to open another "second sub" since the bb100 code came out. But it's totally justified because I got 160 points for it, right?? Doubt my DH will understand tho. ;-) he just doesn't seem to get it. (100pts from bb100 code, 10pts for the $10 purchase, and 50 pts to my original account for the "referral")

I caved... I've been fighting the urge to open another "second sub" since the bb100 code came out. But it's totally justified because I got 160 points for it, right?? Doubt my DH will understand tho. ;-) he just doesn't seem to get it. (100pts from bb100 code, 10pts for the $10 purchase, and 50 pts to my original account for the "referral")
Plus the review points. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I gave in recently too. It's just too easy to justify.

I got an e-mail about it also from Women's Health I think a couple of days ago. It seemed odd since they did it last year and I tried the code and it didn't work so I thought it was sent by mistake but maybe it's coming...

Quote:

Originally Posted by TippyAG /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My main account received this email and my second account (inactive) received an email for a year sub to women's health mag for 9.99 plus a makeup bag. Maybe another "collab" with women's health soon?

UGGGH. I TOLD MYSELF I WOULDN'T KEEP A SECOND SUB! i hate how i get roped into doing things "for the points, for the points!" when i could've taken that $10 and spent it on something else. 

i think I have $140 now in birchbox points between my two accounts.

eta: is it bad (morally, birchbox karma-ly) if i cancel my main sub and resubscribe to get 100 more points? i think i know the answer is "yes" i just want someone to confirm lol.

UGGGH. I TOLD MYSELF I WOULDN'T KEEP A SECOND SUB! i hate how i get roped into doing things "for the points, for the points!" when i could've taken that $10 and spent it on something else. 

eta: is it bad (morally, birchbox karma-ly) if i cancel my main sub and resubscribe to get 100 more points? i think i know the answer is "yes" i just want someone to confirm lol.
Not really. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I did that earlier today.

I personally wouldn't, and didn't, but to each their own.

Back