Birchbox Nuance Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
 I got my box Saturday morning (USPS) and the eye trio in Sapphire. Thrilled to get this, loved the sizes and product variety.

Too many to quote, but thank you everyone for your well wishes.  It really does mean a lot that there are so many people praying for him.  Off to take my morning shower with the shampoo and conditioner!

I got two Nuance boxes (one per birchbox account) and gave one of them to my friends.  She's building up her makeup collection.  Plus she surprised me with a chocolate milkshake when she picked me up from work Friday night since I had a rough day so this is the least that I can do.  I know she's going to be beaming from ear to ear when she sees this huge box on her desk tomorrow morning 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

So one the eye trio....how do you open the eyeliner part? do you tug or do you turn...? I can't figure out how to access that section.

Originally Posted by Roxane68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So one the eye trio....how do you open the eyeliner part? do you tug or do you turn...? I can't figure out how to access that section.
I had such a hard time that I actually took my husbands pliers to pull it open.  Now it opens by twisting and pulling much easier.

Originally Posted by SonyaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had such a hard time that I actually took my husbands pliers to pull it open.  Now it opens by twisting and pulling much easier.
LOL...ok...I am going have to find some pliers!

I got pewter to and the lotion is amazing !!

I received mine today too. I haven't had a chance to look at it very much yet, but I do know that my eye color trio is pewter. I love the size of these products!

How fun for everyone.. I have two accounts (one for over two years) but didn't get it offered for either account.

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How fun for everyone.. I have two accounts (one for over two years) but didn't get it offered for either account.
That is strange! I wonder why?

I think I'm the only one who didn't love the scent of the body cream. It wasn't horrible but it's not a scent I enjoy either so it may get passed along to a sister.

I was really surprised this morning to find a Nuance box in my PO box. I never received an e-mail about it asking me to opt in so I thought I would not get one. I can't wait to try the shampoo and conditioner.

I LOVE that lotion!!! I tried the shampoo and conditioner last night- meh. It smells good, but i didn't think it was that great. my hair felt kind of dry :/

Originally Posted by JamieRobinson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I'm the only one who didn't love the scent of the body cream. It wasn't horrible but it's not a scent I enjoy either so it may get passed along to a sister.
I like it, but it is VERY strong.  Not sure I would want to put it all over my body, it might knock people over with the scent.

I tested out the eye trio over the weekend.  I have the color champagne, which ended up an oddly close match to my actual skin tone.  I was impressed by the staying power and lack of creasing both days, Saturday I used a primer and Sunday I did not. I couldn't tell how evenly the color wore though due how natural it looked on me.

The eyeliner part was a huge bummer for me, even though it was super easy to apply.  I love that it pulls out in the short container, so I can lean right up to my mirror and see what I am doing even without my glasses on.  Sadly, a few hours into the day I accidentally rubbed my eye and it came off completely where I had touched.  I don't wear eyeliner often, but I know that isn't a problem I usually have with UD or Starlooks liners.  They seem to set over time.

I love the convenience of this, and I think I will use the coupon to pick up a louder color.  It would be so easy to bring this to the gym or the beach in the summer for fuss free application.  As I am not a big eyeliner fan, it doesn't break my heart to skip that part.  If anyone has a darker color and knows if it fades or wears well throughout the day, please let me know
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Yeti /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tested out the eye trio over the weekend.  I have the color champagne, which ended up an oddly close match to my actual skin tone.  I was impressed by the staying power and lack of creasing both days, Saturday I used a primer and Sunday I did not. I couldn't tell how evenly the color wore though due how natural it looked on me.

The eyeliner part was a huge bummer for me, even though it was super easy to apply.  I love that it pulls out in the short container, so I can lean right up to my mirror and see what I am doing even without my glasses on.  Sadly, a few hours into the day I accidentally rubbed my eye and it came off completely where I had touched.  I don't wear eyeliner often, but I know that isn't a problem I usually have with UD or Starlooks liners.  They seem to set over time.

I love the convenience of this, and I think I will use the coupon to pick up a louder color.  It would be so easy to bring this to the gym or the beach in the summer for fuss free application.  As I am not a big eyeliner fan, it doesn't break my heart to skip that part.  If anyone has a darker color and knows if it fades or wears well throughout the day, please let me know
smile.gif
What color was your liner? I got the silvery shadow and my liner was black. I wore it all day last Friday and didn't have any issues with wear or coming off easily. My silver shadow also wore well and didn't crease, which was surprising to me. I have never used a cream shadow in the past that didn't end up creasing!

Originally Posted by sabinebyrne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What color was your liner? I got the silvery shadow and my liner was black. I wore it all day last Friday and didn't have any issues with wear or coming off easily. My silver shadow also wore well and didn't crease, which was surprising to me. I have never used a cream shadow in the past that didn't end up creasing!
The liner part on mine was also black, and I will give it another try - I am not really skilled with eyeliner and may have used too light of a hand or something.  Thanks for the update on the staying power of the silver shadow!  I am for sure going to pick up another one of these.  My local CVS has a really nice selection out already.

I got a Nuance box today! I haven't tried anything yet, but it was a nice surprise to find it in my mailbox after a crappy day at work.

Latest posts

Back