Birchbox Nuance Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the box and am liking everything in it BUT the eye trio.  Dark blue shadow just isn't for me, but I have a girls' weekend coming up, and will give it away then, one of them will be thrilled I am sure.  I have a CVS right near by, and may try it in a different color.

I am actually liking the face cream, just waiting to see if it will make me break out or not.  And what is not to love about a free full sized lotion?

Forgot about this when I responded but my box showed up today.  So happy to try everything.  Very generous sample sizes!

I got today! I'm excited to try everything, especially the eye trio. It seems like such a great idea for travel. The only thing I won't be using is the volumizing shampoo and conditioner. My curly hair doesn't need anymore volume than it already has. Oh I got the eye trio in bronze/gold and it has a black liner.

I got my box today. What a pleasant surprise! I got the eye trio in pewter and excited to try it out. What do people think of the products so far?

I was surprised that I got one of these boxes, and very excited when it came in (until my daughter looked at that and said "what, is this stuff for old people" lol 
irked.gif
).  It seems like I never get stuff like this.

I got the eye shadow in pewter, which I really loved.  I love products like this, but usually that don't hold up very well on me.  So far this one has been handling itself pretty well, though.  I hope it wear well the rest of the day, because this will be awesome for an upcoming trip. 

Here's a million dollar, greedy little thing question:  will we get to review the stuff for points?

My body cream was busted at the end, so I sent an email to Birchbox requesting a replacement body cream. To my surprise they are sending me a whole new box. Yay!!!!!!

Originally Posted by ttanner2005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My body cream was busted at the end, so I sent an email to Birchbox requesting a replacement body cream. To my surprise they are sending me a whole new box. Yay!!!!!!
Lucky lucky you

I tired the body cream today and I really liked it. I saw someone else here mention they thought the scent was too strong but I thought it was pretty subtle. 

My eye trio is the blue one and I'm nervous about using blue shadow, it's not a color I typically go for. I think I need to try it at home and see what I think before wearing it out in public.

I got a box today, though I wasn't really expecting one. I don't usually like drugstore products (snob), but I might try out some of the stuff. I got the eye trio in champagne. The box came USPS without warning. 

Originally Posted by Kristen121 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tired the body cream today and I really liked it. I saw someone else here mention they thought the scent was too strong but I thought it was pretty subtle. 

My eye trio is the blue one and I'm nervous about using blue shadow, it's not a color I typically go for. I think I need to try it at home and see what I think before wearing it out in public.
I got the same one, it is actually a nice navy kind of blue and it sheers out nicely ( I was unsure about it too) 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Kirari /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was surprised that I got one of these boxes, and very excited when it came in (until my daughter looked at that and said "what, is this stuff for old people" lol 
irked.gif
).  It seems like I never get stuff like this.

I got the eye shadow in pewter, which I really loved.  I love products like this, but usually that don't hold up very well on me.  So far this one has been handling itself pretty well, though.  I hope it wear well the rest of the day, because this will be awesome for an upcoming trip. 

Here's a million dollar, greedy little thing question:  will we get to review the stuff for points?
now THAT wouldn't be fair.  I'm not bothered by a company using birchbox to target specific consumers, but I would be bothered by them offering points as well.

Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

now THAT wouldn't be fair.  I'm not bothered by a company using birchbox to target specific consumers, but I would be bothered by them offering points as well.
I don't think Birchbox gives the option to rate products and collect points on items that they don't sell.  I bet they are categorizing the Salma Hayek items as "Birchbox Finds."  The Schick Hydro Razor back in August '12 was like that. The Simple Eye Roll On in monthly boxes would have been the same way.

Im glad people are getting replacements for damaged products, but it's weird to send an entire replacement box when many subscribers don't get to try anything from the line because there weren't boxes to go around. I guess maybe they don't have individual items and just have whole boxes?

Originally Posted by AMaas /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think Birchbox gives the option to rate products and collect points on items that they don't sell.  I bet they are categorizing the Salma Hayek items as "Birchbox Finds."  The Schick Hydro Razor back in August '12 was like that. The Simple Eye Roll On in monthly boxes would have been the same way.
I got points for the BB find eye roller and the BB find pen this month but they came in my normal boxes.

I tried the body lotion, which I think is pretty nice. The scent is nice but it reminds of something else and I can't think of where or what I've used that smells like this. Anyone else think the scent is familiar?

I've been reading a lot of reviews of the body lotion, and a lot of people liken the smell to a fresh pack of cigarettes. I don't smoke, but it does seem to smell similar to me. 

I have been using the anti aging cream for the past couple of days and I really liked it a lot.  I have to try out the rest of the stuff, but I am very happy so far.

I tried the body lotion, which I think is pretty nice. The scent is nice but it reminds of something else and I can't think of where or what I've used that smells like this. Anyone else think the scent is familiar?
To me, it smmells like honeysuckles. That's why I wanted a replacement. And I think the reason they are sending a whole other box is because they don't have the individual products.

Latest posts

Back