Box 2 Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a heads up: One of the eyeshadows came to me still sealed, but broken. I kept it in the box though, in case someone wants to re-press or re-package it, since it is a pretty color.

Ah. I guess I shoulda wrapped those up the way I did the nail stuff. Oh well, live and learn!

The box came, and holy crap I feel like it's Christmas!!! Wooooow, this puts every sub I've tried to shame, LOL. I'll put pics of what I'm taking and adding when I've finished going through the fun.

There are a couple of the packet samples that are leaking, and I found the broken eye shadow (which I'll try to do something with, because it's very much my kind of color) so I'm going to try to wrap some of them/ put the packet samples in bags before I send it out - there are some heavy items in the box now.  Im not going to give away the contents of the whole box to the last person (two if you count the box starter, Jenna) but if you're a fan of nailcare, you're especially going to have a blast!

Oh, and I should be able to get it sent out on Monday if all goes well.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The box came, and holy crap I feel like it's Christmas!!! Wooooow, this puts every sub I've tried to shame, LOL. I'll put pics of what I'm taking and adding when I've finished going through the fun.

There are a couple of the packet samples that are leaking, and I found the broken eye shadow (which I'll try to do something with, because it's very much my kind of color) so I'm going to try to wrap some of them/ put the packet samples in bags before I send it out - there are some heavy items in the box now.  Im not going to give away the contents of the whole box to the last person (two if you count the box starter, Jenna) but if you're a fan of nailcare, you're especially going to have a blast!

Oh, and I should be able to get it sent out on Monday if all goes well.
Ohhh I'm getting excited! Both boxes are almost finished and back to me. Starting was fun but I can't wait to see what I get to take hehehe. 

Alright! I snapped a couple of pics. I put what I added under a spoiler link...and I added a few more things after I took the pic, but you get the idea. After examination, it seems that the leaking culprits were a couple of shampoo samples and a keracolor sample (man, that one reeks) so I took them out and wiped the affected things off the best I could.

Here's what I took:

Plus  I took one more of the little HiP pigments that rolled out of the pic, lol, and I grabbed a couple other foil packets after the pic...I was excited that you put the myGlam case and a couple of the brushes in there because I'm working on a pink brush set for my little sister. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Also the MAC pigment...because believe it or not, I have never tried MAC.  I know, I lead a tragic life! 

Oh man, I wish I had a darker skin tone, because there's something amazing in there that I'm too pale for! LOL.

And here's what I added:

I added the cute bow headband I got from Sircle Samples because as much as I love it, I know I'll never wear it.  The blue Sally Hansen polish has been opened and tried once, the pixi polish has never been opened. The two lipsticks are new, the darker one was swatched only and sanitized.  The unlabeled perfume sample vials are Harvey Prince Ageless, I'll add a little label. The little Pantene ampoules are mostly for curly hair, I really liked them!  I put some of the spring scents in pocketbacs from Bath and Body Works because I think they're adorable, and a Pink Chiffon lotion. The pearl earrings are by Pearls from Paradise and have never been worn or taken off the card...they're cute and real pearls (and retail for $49), but they just aren't my style.  I added a few other things not pictured (a couple more polishes, three eyeshadow samples from GDE), but you get the idea!

This has been so much fun! I'm going to spend  my night trying to organize the box as best as I can because I don't want anything else to get damaged for Jacinta or Jenna. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also, I love whoever included the Big Beautiful Eyes palette...I have no idea how to do a neutral eye, I know how stupid that sounds...I can do bright colors all day long but neutrals are a mystery to me...so this is very useful for me. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also, I love whoever included the Big Beautiful Eyes palette...I have no idea how to do a neutral eye, I know how stupid that sounds...I can do bright colors all day long but neutrals are a mystery to me...so this is very useful for me. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Heh, that was one of the "hostess gifts" from the Benefit party I hosted for House Party that I was talking about on here :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (As was the bottle of foundation)

I am SOOOO excited I am next!  You have added some great samples and I am looking forward to picking through it and adding lots of goodies from my stock pile! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

P.S. I am in LOVE with that headband!  I own a silver and black one and cannot wait to have another for my collection!!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am excited that you took so many of the things that I added.
Haha, it's weird but I felt guilty taking things! I had to remind myself that taking things and putting things in was the whole point! LOL.

Originally Posted by Jacinta /img/forum/go_quote.gif

P.S. I am in LOVE with that headband!  I own a silver and black one and cannot wait to have another for my collection!!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Oh good, I'm glad someone will want it! I think it's so adorable, but practically I know I will never wear it, as all I do is put my hair in a ponytail and go to work every day.

And you're going to have a lot of fun digging through the box! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Heh, that was one of the "hostess gifts" from the Benefit party I hosted for House Party that I was talking about on here :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (As was the bottle of foundation)

Oh man, if either of the girls after me are dark enough for that foundation, I'm super super jealous!

Well, Box 2 is almost all packed up and ready to go on Monday!  I just need to add a little more padding and the air-bubble packing things on top.  Here's the box pre padding, only thing missing is one manilla envelope that I put the M.A.D. skincare samples in.  I stuffed all the foil packets into a sindulge bag, and all glass bottles and easily breakable things are wrapped, so hopefully there will be no more leakage!  All the makeup products (minus a few large things) are in the makeup pouch, to keep them from rolling all over. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Not bothering with a spoiler link since Jacinta already peeked, LOL.  Keep in mind this is a large flat rate box.  This is a ton of stuff (yes, an entire layer of wrapped things under the visible top layer, LOL)

Haha, it's weird but I felt guilty taking things! I had to remind myself that taking things and putting things in was the whole point! LOL.
I felt that way, too. But then I reasoned, "I am paying $16 for shipping and adding tons of stuff, several of which I know yousoldtheworld will want." Then I had to narrow it down to stuff I would actually use, not just items that look cool. Then I just rejoiced.

oh my god you guys this is ridiculous. This is just a thought, and obviously opposition is welcome, but would any of you be opposed if I donated some of the stuff once it got to me? I have a huge collection of stuff I've gotten for almost free via couponing that I'm donating to a local domestic violence shelter, and I could just add some in. Since this box just kept growing, if it goes around again, it's going to KEEP growing, and I think it may be better to start off small. Obviously, if you guys don't want me to, I'll pass it all around again, but yikes that box is huge and full.

I think that'd be great.  I mean, there is WAY too much in there to be a starter box, even if you and Jacinta take a ton of things there's still so much - if we ended up with this much starting with an envelope (right? I think I remember you saying you started with an envelope), I can't imagine what it would be if it started with a huge box.

Back