Glamour Doll Eyes OTM 2015 **SPOILERS**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are some nasty people on the facebook site. Jeez.
I think those of us that have been loyal customers of Vee's for quite some time get rather protective of her.  Month after month we see the same thing happening on her FB group.  People ask questions that have already been answered multiple times.  Any time Vee gets ready to do something new, she makes a very detailed post with all of the information in it that you could possibly need.  Yet responses to that post ask questions that she just answered in that post.  And multiple other posts get started about the same things that are addressed there.  If people would take a few minutes to scan the information and READ it before clogging up the traffic on her site, it would go a  long way towards making things smooth and fun.

And every month there is complaining from people that they couldn't get the sub.  We all know it is limited to a total that is about 10% of the group size.  No one is guaranteed a spot.  It's all matter of luck.  If taking the chance is not worth it to you, stay out of the way and just order regular colors.  It's kind of like a monthly Black Friday sale.  I don't go to the Black Friday sales because the odds of me being one of the first X number of customers to snag the deal on whatever hot item is super marked down is slim.  But you don't see me all up in arms on Target's website about it either.

Vee has done a lot for many of us in this community.  We love her like a sister.  And to see the amount of stress people put her through on the 8th of every month because they don't read and/or have an entitlement expectation just breaks our hearts.  She is a person too with real feelings.  And being bombarded with message after message when something has gone wrong (and she is already working on fixing) just adds to the stress.  And turns those of us who care for her in to "momma bears".

Last edited by a moderator:
@marigoldsue. I agree with everything. She seems like an awesome and talented person. I was looking forward to trying to get a sub. I only got access to the second facebook site today and apparently in the middle of all the maddness, so I was a bit taken aback with all the answers when I had a simple question. I was on phone so sometimes I can mis-read part of a post or even double post by accident. I am very new and still learning everything. This is my first makeup forum. Actually my first forum all together. I thought it would be fun to talk to others who love makeup. So far it has been. I will just scratch today out. You guys all seem awesome! I'll check back later, and maybe try next month for a sub.

@marigoldsue. I agree with everything. She seems like an awesome and talented person. I was looking forward to trying to get a sub. I only got access to the second facebook site today and apparently in the middle of all the maddness, so I was a bit taken aback with all the answers when I had a simple question. I was on phone so sometimes I can mis-read part of a post or even double post by accident. I am very new and still learning everything. This is my first makeup forum. Actually my first forum all together. I thought it would be fun to talk to others who love makeup. So far it has been. I will just scratch today out. You guys all seem awesome! I'll check back later, and maybe try next month for a sub.
Keep trying, they are worth it!!!  And enjoy all of her regular line offerings while you wait. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Looks like she is doing a lottery on the facebook site today for un-claimed extra subs from the year. That is pretty awesome for her to do that after all the stress of the day :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Oh wait that was yesterday, but still cool.

I got my one month. So glad :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Next month is a Sunday so hopefully I can get a sub so I don't have to go through all this again.

I was suprised how stressed I got. I can't even imagine poor Vee. I think she pulled it off with grace and style. Hopefully next month isn't this crazy.

I want to apologize for saying something here when I saw subs were available this morning! I guess I was too excited and forgot to keep my mouth shut! I will definitely keep quiet in the future. 

I think next month we should try to keep quiet to respect what Vee wants to do. I didn't get any notification here, but maybe that will help with the site traffic.

Quick question:  How do you all get your GDE updates?  I follow on FB and I see people talking about what was going on FB here but on FB but I did not see any updates or posts.  I am not sure if it was because I am on FB mobile (and I feel like mobile is less than the desktop version) or because there are mutiple groups on FB for GDE.  I feel like someone referenced "another group" up thread.

TIA!

Quick question:  How do you all get your GDE updates?  I follow on FB and I see people talking about what was going on FB here but on FB but I did not see any updates or posts.  I am not sure if it was because I am on FB mobile (and I feel like mobile is less than the desktop version) or because there are mutiple groups on FB for GDE.  I feel like someone referenced "another group" up thread.

TIA!
As far as I know, there's only one group that you have to join! But then there's also just the regular page that you 'like.' There aren't a lot of updates on that one. 

The group is just called Glamour Doll Eyes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

As far as I know, there's only one group that you have to join! But then there's also just the regular page that you 'like.' There aren't a lot of updates on that one. 

The group is just called Glamour Doll Eyes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thanks!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I am just subscribed to the main page where it shows "If you are thinking of buying x shadow, read reviews by Susie Q"   Off to find the group!

I referenced the other page. I kept looking at the page you "like" for updates, and then I had to join the page to find out all that was going on.

I referenced the other page. I kept looking at the page you "like" for updates, and then I had to join the page to find out all that was going on.
No worries.  I was just so scattered today on my work computer with GDE site loaded, on my phone with makeup talk loaded and toggling back and forth between all of them while working.  I just kept refreshing, got BRB then when I hit refresh and thought it was available I jumped!  Then when I logged out and went to see what months were left to post here I saw the message!

I wish I had found the other page earlier.
At least you have it now!  And you got a one month!  You will love it!  I love the theme!

I wish there was a "makeup reserver" like there are for seats.  I would totally pay someone money to get me a sub.  I was seriously contemplating taking PTO next month so I could get a sub but decided that is taking a beauty obsession too far!  I mean I already risked my job today using the computer for a non related purpse lol.

Maybe I need a makeup support group...

I defiantly need help. I need to start a no buy or indie sub only. I try but keep relapsing. I finally got lucky. I had given up and was feeling pretty stressed after trying all day then being banned once I could finally get into the site. People were actually telling me that I was banned so there was no way. Never give up, never surrender! That is my best life motto ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. My cart kept pausing with the 12 month in it. I could try to get a box for someone if that is allowed. Next month falls on a Sunday so maybe you won't be at work @lovepink.

I could message you it goes live @lovepink. I have to learn how to message on here. If I were V I would make the site go live in the middle of the night. I bet that might reduce traffic. Also, there may be less activity on site that use the same resources.

I could message you it goes live @lovepink. I have to learn how to message on here. If I were V I would make the site go live in the middle of the night. I bet that might reduce traffic. Also, there may be less activity on site that use the same resources.
The problem is everyone complains. People would complain they weren't awake and missed it.

Back