Glamour Doll Eyes OTM 2015 **SPOILERS**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. I can imagine. Well, hopefully next month is better. At least I will know what I am getting into next time. I really had no idea.

The problem is everyone complains. People would complain they weren't awake and missed it.
This.  Also, I believe Vee has to be *right there* when things go live to babysit everything.  If I were her, I wouldn't want to have everything go live at two in the morning because I would have to be up at that time *and* deal with the complaints.  She spent most of last year's OTM availability windows watching things get progressively worse as the months went by.  She basically has no good options except *maybe* doing it on a waitlist basis, and even then, given how rabid her customers are, there's not going to be much churn, and there won't be many people getting off the list. 

That makes sense. Well, at the end of the day the job was done. I feel bad that some people didn't get in, but I guess that is the way of things.

I defiantly need help. I need to start a no buy or indie sub only. I try but keep relapsing. I finally got lucky. I had given up and was feeling pretty stressed after trying all day then being banned once I could finally get into the site. People were actually telling me that I was banned so there was no way. Never give up, never surrender! That is my best life motto ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. My cart kept pausing with the 12 month in it. I could try to get a box for someone if that is allowed. Next month falls on a Sunday so maybe you won't be at work @lovepink.
Sorry to disappoint but I think if the 8th falls on a weekend it goes live the Friday before?!  Someone correct me if I remember that wrong!

I could message you it goes live @lovepink. I have to learn how to message on here. If I were V I would make the site go live in the middle of the night. I bet that might reduce traffic. Also, there may be less activity on site that use the same resources.
Aww you are so sweet!  Messaging is really easy!  Go to the top of the page and find the icon that looks like an envelope, click.  Then start typing a member name in, it will give a drop down and you can select the member.  After that it is like an email with a subject line and content box.  Hit send message and you are good to go!

I am debating picking up a OTM shadow since those are available.  Trying to work out if that is breaking my 100 day no buy (GDE OTM was allowed) but I feel like I had it as the sub, so by buying the shadow am I keeping to that?  Trying not to enable myself!  Any feedback appreciated!

This year with the new site it will always be the 8th, no matter what day it is :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Good to know!  Yay!  I am going to mark my calendar, stay home in my pjs until I get my sub!  I guess I should probably go back and read this thread as it was probably in your first post of this thread  :blush:  I promise I know how to read!

Thank you!

Good to know!  Yay!  I am going to mark my calendar, stay home in my pjs until I get my sub!  I guess I should probably go back and read this thread as it was probably in your first post of this thread  :blush:  I promise I know how to read!

Thank you!
 @@lovepink No, I actually didn't make that very clear! I'll go back & edit it since so many of us are used to the 'no OTM on weekends' thing :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The thing is that it's like this every single month for every single shadow-focused indie sub that has limited slots that I can think of, with the possible exception of innocent+twisted alchemy, and even that sells out its slots pretty much immediately (I think they're just low-profile enough that they don't have literally a hundred people camping on the site). It's the indie world's version of Black Friday.

ETA: Whoops, that was not in response to @! That was just a general response to everyone who can't get through.
I was actually going to ask... when does innocent+twisted's go up?? I'm blind and checked the site and couldn't find any info. I'd like to try for that one, if at all possible!

I got a 12 month OTM. Soooo beyond thrilled and I feel very lucky <3

Yeah, I also got a 12 month sub, it was pure luck and I managed to get it in before the site crashed and people freaked. Gah, I really feel so terrible for Vee and like some of you said, there will always be someone complaining. After watching what went down yesterday, I think half the people that managed to get through were those with severe FOMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh, new email style/format!  Groovy!  Now it shows up in Slice as the OTM, not just an order that I have to go in and change so I don't get it mixed up with my other GDE orders.  I've had three or four of them -- including an OTM -- at the same time before.  The one I was always most antsy about was the OTM!

gde.jpg

I CANNOT take pictures of the colors- it's too dark, but:

Be My Anchor: A beautiful light golden brown/khaki 

Sailing Away: A CREAM- Gorgeous navy blue 

Aqua Bomb in Atomic Astrid: A gorgeous pink-coral lip gloss (one issue: I can't get mine to come up! The actual mechanics are broken. Let me know if anyone else has this issue!

Sample of Rose City (thank you @@meaganola!! It's gorgeous!)

A gorgeous little charm

This is all until @@Kelly Silva can take better pictures

Also: That face! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back