Glossybox August

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if it can work if you're a current subscriber, otherwise, I'll cancel the current monthly one. I was able to use the same card though. Hopefully it can, just because that guarantees them payment for the next 3 months. That's $6/dollar discount per box, as I'm in Cali.

To all of those who subscribe is it worth it? I was given the first promotional box and I am very interested in signing up, I have birch box but there samples seem so sub-par these days... But 21 dollars seems like a lot of money. Should I give it a try? July's box seemed kinda underwhelming so I am reluctant, but the other boxes seemed really good... Just looking for honest opinions! Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also when are glossybox's shipped and generally received? I live in California if that helps!

I think for the majority of the MUTs that it's been hit or miss. Great if you get a really good box, most of the billing issues have subsided after last month. The problem in itself is if you get a disappointing box (which is often the other box variation), which has happened consistently to me since I subscribed in July. The shampoo didn't excite me in the least bit, but everyone got that.

April/May- awesome, doubt that level will ever be repeated.

June- Vbeauté (by the way nearly empty and most girl felt like it was too expensive for further investment)+ Ofra eyeshadow vs. Kinerase+Shea Butter+ ShowOff Mascara 

July- Any of these two: Ofra Eyepencil,  Senna doubledose lacquer (gloss),  Figs & Rouge lipbalm, Senna Eyeshadow trio (the first two and last two were the most common variations)

I got the VBeaute+Ofra eyeshadow and the Ofra Eyepencil+ Senna doubldose lacquer.

I kinda wish they even it out a bit more. It's quite obvious to me, which one has a greater perceived value and one probably better suited.

Hopefully they step it up. I like the presentation, but I also wished their magazine would be put to better use like explain how to use these products, etc. It seems like they just threw it in the box.

I actually really like Glossybox. I appreciate that the sample sizes are really deluxe so I can get a good feel for whether or not I will like a given product. Their product choices haven't all been the best for me but I am not much of a makeup wearer and the choice of what makes a product a winner is very subjective. Also, the products have been getting better over time, IMO, so I am hopeful I will be even happier with them as the months go by. I adore the box they send - I happily reuse them, they are big, sturdy and pretty and I actually consider them "value added" for the price of the subscription. I never had any problems with my card charges, so I was lucky there. The times I called CS they were very harried but helpful and polite. I don't see myself dropping the sub anytime soon.

Originally Posted by PrettyInPowell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

To all of those who subscribe is it worth it? I was given the first promotional box and I am very interested in signing up, I have birch box but there samples seem so sub-par these days... But 21 dollars seems like a lot of money. Should I give it a try? July's box seemed kinda underwhelming so I am reluctant, but the other boxes seemed really good... Just looking for honest opinions! Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also when are glossybox's shipped and generally received? I live in California if that helps!
OMG, your avatar is BEAUTIFUL :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am assuming Powell in your username is the Powell in San Francisco. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG, your avatar is BEAUTIFUL :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am assuming Powell in your username is the Powell in San Francisco. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
Yes PrettyInPowell is actually the name of the vlog me and my roommate do together on youtube :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> were both from San Francisco so Powell seemed like a fitting name and so did the art work! and I can't take credit for the art as I didn't do it -- but I fell in love with it! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yes PrettyInPowell is actually the name of the vlog me and my roommate do together on youtube :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> were both from San Francisco so Powell seemed like a fitting name and so did the art work! and I can't take credit for the art as I didn't do it -- but I fell in love with it! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Ha! Powell is actually my last name - this thread is making me feel so famous lol. I'll have to check your vlog out! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ha! Powell is actually my last name - this thread is making me feel so famous lol. I'll have to check your vlog out!
smile.gif
Haha awesome last name! And ya please do, we haven't done any videos recently because were home for summer and I was out of the country for a while. Thanks 
burnout.gif

Also do you have a glossy box subscription? What do you think? Should I sign-up? Im torn. 
bam.gif

Originally Posted by PrettyInPowell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha awesome last name! And ya please do, we haven't done any videos recently because were home for summer and I was out of the country for a while. Thanks 
burnout.gif

Also do you have a glossy box subscription? What do you think? Should I sign-up? Im torn. 
bam.gif
I do have a subscription - honestly, I'm torn myself about GB lol. I didn't sign up for their first box in May because I wanted to see what people received. Turns out it was a great selection of products, so I subscribed in June. I ended up winning the May box via a GB Twitter chat and absolutely loved it. I also really loved June's box (you can check out my blog reviews if you'd like - in my signature below).

July's box, however, left a bit to be desired. I was actually missing a product and was just overall disappointed in the brands featured, especially for $21/month. I'm keeping GB for one more month before I decide whether to keep the sub or not, three strikes and you're out policy lol. From what's been posted on their Facebook page, it seems like this might be a good box. You can always try a month and see if you like it!

Ok I am doing my surveys now.  1st one up Ofra eyebrow pencil.  At the end of the survey it asked for my email.  I hope they are not giving our email to Ofra or selling it!

I canceled GB after the July box. I had exploded stuff in my June box, my May box I didn't get until June 21st (the June box shipped 3 days later) , and the July box just wasn't that exciting to me. I cannot see spending 21.00 on a pink box every month anymore. I am hoping they get their stuff together and then maybe I might resubscribe in a few months.

For some reason, I can fill out every survey except for my First Aid Beauty shaving cream one from last month. Every time I do that one, it resets afterwards like I never touched it. Ah well!

Back