Glossybox August

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by PrettyInPowell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also not sure how this works but if I do want to sign up does anyone want to send me a referral so someone can at least get some glossy dots? 😃
Sure I can do that if you want to provide me an email by PM :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For those in California, when do you receive your glossy box and how much is it after tax? Im so confused why glossy box charges us the tax but Birchbox does not... this could be a deal breaker for me as they said you pay local tax and I live in San Francisco so we have a pretty high tax...

Originally Posted by PrettyInPowell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For those in California, when do you receive your glossy box and how much is it after tax? Im so confused why glossy box charges us the tax but Birchbox does not... this could be a deal breaker for me as they said you pay local tax and I live in San Francisco so we have a pretty high tax...
Part of it is because Cali is coming down on internet companies that have businesses in Cali. I'm from Cali as well, born NorCal, and currently in SoCal for school, so I share your pain. We differ down here about 1%. Glossybox has a branch in Cali, and yes. That's primarily why. You are probably familiar with this sentiment (no tax) if you buy off Amazon.

Typically it's $21 (with tax comes to $23.05). I also found a code through an MUT (if you don't mind looking through July's thread). I don't think it's in this one. If it's still valid, it's a 3month sub for $50 (comes to about $17ish/box, no tax). I hope that helps!

PS. I love Powell St as well, especially the section in Chinatown :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oops, edit: I usually receive my boxes either on time, or a couple days before the estimated shipping. Glossy uses Newgistics. My theory is larger cities with fairly reliable mail service get their boxes sooner.

Yup. I'm in SoCal as well and mine are always $23.05. My glossybox always gets here late but at least it gets here lol

did anyone else get an e-mail from Glossybox this morning thanking them for placing an order today? The credit card field didn't show a number and I didn't place an order and they already charged me quite some time back. I'm seriously confused...I thought maybe this is how they will send confirmation of tracking this month but there was no tracking.

I got an order confirmation today as well.  Just checked my credit card and there is a charge in the amount of Glossybox pending.  They do not ship the boxes until next week.  I would check your method of payment to see if you were double charged and follow up with Glossybox.  There were issues a few months ago where people were double or triple charged.

Originally Posted by Dots /img/forum/go_quote.gif

did anyone else get an e-mail from Glossybox this morning thanking them for placing an order today? The credit card field didn't show a number and I didn't place an order and they already charged me quite some time back. I'm seriously confused...I thought maybe this is how they will send confirmation of tracking this month but there was no tracking.

I got the email as well, but I was just charged in the last 24 hours or so.  Granted, I'm annoyed that they have yet to charge me on the same day even once, but whatever.  I assumed the email was a confirmation of the charge, even though it was nonsensical and had no cc# information listed.

Yeah, I checked my CC and there is a pending charge. I know it stressed me out for a moment because they tried to charge me for two subs last month and this month, I thought something weird was happening again. Now, I guess that email is the charge confirm which is silly in a way because it has no other info in the e-mail, maybe they will send these from now on? I am sure they are trying to work things out and figure out what works best but...consistency would be a wonderful thing...

I got an email with a (another) code for 10 dollars off a 3 month sub. I'm seriously considering it, but I don't know. They seem like they are getting desperate for subscribers and I really shouldn't spend the money.

I got the same email - three times - and I'm not signing back up. It's almost the same price as a Test Tube except TT has shipping.

Lol, no emails for me. When I cancelled, I asked that all my info be removed because at this point, they weren't on up to par to compete with my other subs, but best wishes, yada yada and I'd check from time to time for improvements..then maybe, I'd sign back up. Doubtful, I'm at 2 BB's, a Sample Society and Julep. I think the only sub I'd consider at this point is a quarterly one...more value for the money. I really do hope Glossybox is able to iron out all their kinks and deliver 100%.

If I am not happy with this August box I will be canceling..they are way to inconsistent and it's becoming aggravating. 

I do hope that this month is great...we should all have high expectations for them since they are operating in so many countries prior to the US...really no excuses for the problems they have caused people.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the same email - three times - and I'm not signing back up. It's almost the same price as a Test Tube except TT has shipping.
The $10 code was almost enough for me to re-sign up but I think I'm going to continue again. a $20 off code might do the trick though lol. 

Originally Posted by Jazbot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If I am not happy with this August box I will be canceling..they are way to inconsistent and it's becoming aggravating. 

I do hope that this month is great...we should all have high expectations for them since they are operating in so many countries prior to the US...really no excuses for the problems they have caused people.
beer.gif

I did expect more from them because they're not "a start up" but quite established throughout other companies. That's what was the most dissapointing part; I was eager and probably too optimistic about them finally coming to America.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

beer.gif

I did expect more from them because they're not "a start up" but quite established throughout other companies. That's what was the most dissapointing part; I was eager and probably too optimistic about them finally coming to America.
Yes we all were...

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

beer.gif

Agreed! I really liked the first two boxes but was a little let down by last month's box. I hope they translate the "August is a girl's best friend" theme to mean "Glossybox is a girl's best friend' and really amp up the brands/value.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The $10 code was almost enough for me to re-sign up but I think I'm going to continue again. a $20 off code might do the trick though lol. 
I put the code in to see if I could qualify for it, since I'm already subbed... and it came out to a total of $50 for three months, including free shipping and no sales tax. I believe I was charged sales tax one month, but not the others.

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I put the code in to see if I could qualify for it, since I'm already subbed... and it came out to a total of $50 for three months, including free shipping and no sales tax. I believe I was charged sales tax one month, but not the others.
Make sure you cancel your monthly though, otherwise, you'll be charged a second time week!

I'm so eager to see what will be in the August box. To be honest, I got so fed up receiving another set of hair products in my July box. I've been a subscriber since May and there has been a hair product in every single box. And the Senna lipgloss smelled awful - it's a good thing I don't use lipgloss. It seems to be a huge loss since it was worth most of the box though...

I also want to part take in the discounted $10 for 3 months but I already have a subscription. I'm afraid that if I unsubscribe, I won't be able to resubscribe at all. And considering that this makes changes to my account...I might have to deal with crappy customer service (which I have not had to deal with so far).

Originally Posted by xoxoJannet /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm so eager to see what will be in the August box. To be honest, I got so fed up receiving another set of hair products in my July box. I've been a subscriber since May and there has been a hair product in every single box. And the Senna lipgloss smelled awful - it's a good thing I don't use lipgloss. It seems to be a huge loss since it was worth most of the box though...

I also want to part take in the discounted $10 for 3 months but I already have a subscription. I'm afraid that if I unsubscribe, I won't be able to resubscribe at all. And considering that this makes changes to my account...I might have to deal with crappy customer service (which I have not had to deal with so far).
I don't think you have to worry about unsubscribing. You can always order it first, and then call to cancel your monthly. Just note, however, the 3 month doesn't allow you a refund, whereas the monthly allow you to cancel if you don't like your Aug box. 

I'm starting to get some cynicism from a point taken MissLindaJean made earlier, and maybe there's some slight buyers' remorse. Hopefully these boxes are good (and ease that realist in me). I just wish I subscribed for the May! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The other boxes haven't wowed me yet.

Latest posts

Back