Glossybox August

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Senna lipgloss smells... odd.
That's what I thought! Way too gooey and thick, as well. I'm a gloss whore and am usually easy to please concerning lippies, but not this one. Sad, because the shades were super cute.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The texture is way too sticky. It's like putting honey on your lips, but without the nice honey taste.
Yep, and mine was in a fugly color, too...I know some liked it, but I am NOT a brown lip gloss kinda girl.

Haha, I ripped them a shiny new butthole on that survey. The gloss texture is just too much for me to bear - and I can handle some sticky lipgloss!

Originally Posted by murflegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha, I ripped them a shiny new butthole on that survey. The gloss texture is just too much for me to bear - and I can handle some sticky lipgloss!
I politely did too. It can handle a little sticky, but that was way too sticky.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by murflegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I politely did too. It can handle a little sticky, but that was way too sticky.

Yep, I'm not fussy at all about lip glosses, but if it feels like I've rubber cemented my lips shut, forget about it.

I didn't realize this until after I filled out the survey:  One side is overly sticky, and the other is kind of *gritty*.  Do not like.  I got the one that is orange in the tube, but it's just kind of shimmery on, and I would actually like it except for the texture.  And lack of flavor.  It looks like it should be creamsicle-flavored (I clearly spent too many years wearing Bonne Bell lipgloss).  The fact that it isn't creamsicle-flavored is a mark against it.  

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The fact that it isn't creamsicle-flavored is a mark against it.  
This made me chuckle. Funny how much scents effect us. I am this way with cherry and vanilla flavored stuff... love it!

Are they charging this week or did they charge last week? I haven't seen any sort of charge on my Serve account yet.

Originally Posted by murflegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are they charging this week or did they charge last week? I haven't seen any sort of charge on my Serve account yet.
The last I heard, they were going to be charging the second full week of the month and ship the third as of August, so they should be charging this week and shipping next week.

The last I heard, they were going to be charging the second full week of the month and ship the third as of August, so they should be charging this week and shipping next week.
I came across a promotional code in either the July or August GB thread (sorry, I don't remember which) for a 3month subscription for $50. I sent them an email stating that I was a monthly subscriber, so they went ahead and took out the monthly subscription (which they said would otherwise be charged next week).

Also, if your June surveys weren't showing, they compensated me 120pt in place of them. I only saw them once briefly when it was working.. then they were gone for the longest time, and they switched them to July's in my account.

Originally Posted by surelyslim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think for the majority of the MUTs that it's been hit or miss. Great if you get a really good box, most of the billing issues have subsided after last month. The problem in itself is if you get a disappointing box (which is often the other box variation), which has happened consistently to me since I subscribed in July. The shampoo didn't excite me in the least bit, but everyone got that.

April/May- awesome, doubt that level will ever be repeated.

June- Vbeauté (by the way nearly empty and most girl felt like it was too expensive for further investment)+ Ofra eyeshadow vs. Kinerase+Shea Butter+ ShowOff Mascara 

July- Any of these two: Ofra Eyepencil,  Senna doubledose lacquer (gloss),  Figs & Rouge lipbalm, Senna Eyeshadow trio (the first two and last two were the most common variations)

I got the VBeaute+Ofra eyeshadow and the Ofra Eyepencil+ Senna doubldose lacquer.

I kinda wish they even it out a bit more. It's quite obvious to me, which one has a greater perceived value and one probably better suited.

Hopefully they step it up. I like the presentation, but I also wished their magazine would be put to better use like explain how to use these products, etc. It seems like they just threw it in the box.
I got the same two boxes for June and July... I wonder if there is something in our profiles they are using to assign which boxes we get?

Ughh.. I didn't notice this before but they combined the feedback for the shampoo and conditioner combo. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's bad enough that it was a miss for most of us, but they're treating it as one product.

Thanks! I've got the money in my serve all ready to go!

If this box doesn't super wow me, I might kind of drop it for awhile. Money saved.

I hope this is a good box. My Birchbox this month was a dud so I need something to make up for it. lol

Has been charged for August, yet? I thought it was this week, but nothing's shown up? I know Max 88 said they were charged on the 2nd.

Also not sure how this works but if I do want to sign up does anyone want to send me a referral so someone can at least get some glossy dots? 😃

Latest posts

Back