Good & Bad Ebay Sellers (Make Up Stuff Only)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool.. I posted about this on the eBay section of SwapTalk just to warn the girls over there too.

Just to let you guys know...I needed more brushes for my work kit...I've been getting stingy with my brushes and I don't like using any of my good ones for work, only for myself
smile.gif
So I thought I'd check out some brush sets on Ebay...I searched all the sellers who had brushes for sale and went with a seller who had 100% positive feedback and there were several thousand responses for them...I bought a NARS set and a CHANEL set, both of which I already own for myself...well the seller shipped very quickly, had nice packaging, but both sets were fakes. If you put them next to the real ones, there's no mistaking it, at least not to my eye. Doesn't matter to me cuz I was expecting them to be fake and each was less than $150 including shipping...But just wanted to let you all know that you need to watch out for even the most reliable sellers if you're looking for authentic.

Damn...I was gonna post the seller, but I always delete after they've left feedback for me, so I don't know who I bought from
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Laura Cool.. I posted about this on the eBay section of SwapTalk just to warn the girls over there too. its happened again lau! today they had their 3rd negative feedback on new username about an item being a fake product! and guess what? they have just made thier feedback private again!
and just now, another buyer has contacted me to complain to ebay, the poor things eyelashes fell out when she purchased a dior mascara from this seller!!

beware ladies of GETTINGGLAM and GLITZANDGLAMOURSTORE !!!!
icon_mad.gif

Originally Posted by envymi Just to let you guys know...I needed more brushes for my work kit...I've been getting stingy with my brushes and I don't like using any of my good ones for work, only for myself
smile.gif
So I thought I'd check out some brush sets on Ebay...I searched all the sellers who had brushes for sale and went with a seller who had 100% positive feedback and there were several thousand responses for them...I bought a NARS set and a CHANEL set, both of which I already own for myself...well the seller shipped very quickly, had nice packaging, but both sets were fakes. If you put them next to the real ones, there's no mistaking it, at least not to my eye. Doesn't matter to me cuz I was expecting them to be fake and each was less than $150 including shipping...But just wanted to let you all know that you need to watch out for even the most reliable sellers if you're looking for authentic.
Damn...I was gonna post the seller, but I always delete after they've left feedback for me, so I don't know who I bought from
frown.gif

Can't you look at your feedbacks and find the name?

Originally Posted by bocagirl Can't you look at your feedbacks and find the name? I've been buying all my gifts off of there lately, so I have no idea who I bought what from...cuz all my comments are very generic!

Originally Posted by envymi Just to let you guys know...I needed more brushes for my work kit...I've been getting stingy with my brushes and I don't like using any of my good ones for work, only for myself
smile.gif
frown.gif

Thanks for the heads up girl.. Try what Trisha said! There's a link to the auction next to the feedback so you should find out who it is pretty easy and post it here if you can
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by redmonkey786 its happened again lau! today they had their 3rd negative feedback on new username about an item being a fake product! and guess what? they have just made thier feedback private again!
and just now, another buyer has contacted me to complain to ebay, the poor things eyelashes fell out when she purchased a dior mascara from this seller!!

beware ladies of GETTINGGLAM and GLITZANDGLAMOURSTORE !!!!
icon_mad.gif

Ugh that's awful. I wonder what their next username will be because these guys are obviously pro's so will try and rip more people off. You should post that name on every msg board you have joined just so people are aware

I have never purchased anything on ebay. For some reason it makes me nervous but I am willing to give it a try since most of you have had really good experiences.

Originally Posted by pretty_94134 I have never purchased anything on ebay. For some reason it makes me nervous but I am willing to give it a try since most of you have had really good experiences. Yeah I have bought things on there for maybe 5 years, but only a year or 2 ago realized I could buy nice makeup on ebay. I just dont buy anything I couldnt afford to lose, I dont like to make big purchases b/c they make me nervous. A girl I work with bought a purse and never got it but she could not get ebay to do anything about it.

Hi I am also an Ebay junkie and just recently ordered from: moremac4u and I got an awesome deal.... 24 1/2 tsp mac pigment samples for like 25.00 and item arrived just as described and in perfect condition.
icon_razz.gif

Originally Posted by agranheim Hi I am also an Ebay junkie and just recently ordered from: moremac4u and I got an awesome deal.... 24 1/2 tsp mac pigment samples for like 25.00 and item arrived just as described and in perfect condition.
icon_razz.gif
Wow! Thats an amazing deal. I dont want to put doubts in your head or anything but are you sure they're real??

So far so good, she has 100% feedback and product seems to be authentic. I have been buying on ebay for a while and have come across some falsies though and unfortunately that sucks as they usually dont stay registered users long enough to get your money back
icon_mad.gif

Thank the Lord for this website! I just discovered it today & can't believe it never occurred to me to shop eBay for anything cosmetic... A n y minute now I'm going shopping!
claps.gif

Welcome to MakeUpTalk Camjade! I'm Laura, one of the mods. If you need help with anything on here dont hesitate to PM me or one of the other girls.

Have fun on eBay but beware of fake products!

Originally Posted by Zoey would you buy from this person?link to feedback

I am a bit afraid because of plenty negative feedback-and the answer is always pretty rude,but this is the only place I can get Trish brush bath(although the photo says cleaner...)

You can check the actual negative feedback at toolhaus.org
It weeds out only the negative. As you can see, some people left silly complaints like postage, which you should beware of before you bid. However, his/her responses are bit too childish and demeaning. I wouldn't want to deal with them simply b/c of that.

i second that!

also majority of negs and neutral feedback left highlights products as being 'used' or 'half full' so to be honest i would not buy anything from this seller simply because there are too many feedbacks claiming this.....

id like to report a semi-bad ebayer:

smilette_donna

i bought UD pp from her and the product was great but she didnt leave me feedback which is utterly rude as she even sent a note with her pacakge saying to pls give HER one
icon_confused.gif
i was stupid enough to give her one as i didnt know if you pay you should receive yours first.

Originally Posted by cottoncandy id like to report a semi-bad ebayer:
smilette_donna

i bought UD pp from her and the product was great but she didnt leave me feedback which is utterly rude as she even sent a note with her pacakge saying to pls give HER one
icon_confused.gif
i was stupid enough to give her one as i didnt know if you pay you should receive yours first.

I hate it when they dont leave me feedback! I have had about 10 sellers not leave me any, I left them feedback. I thought you had to leave them feedback first, b/c a lot of sellers wont leave the buyer feedback until they get theirs?

well according to my bf who is a frequent ebayer, you give the payer feedback first because they paid first.

i contacted her twice about it and her excuse was that ebay wasnt letting her give one because of her selling multiple items, which is bullshit. maybe shes just lame and cant figure it out. oh well. its annoying though because i only have 3 and i need all i can get before i can start selling.

Can you remove or update the feedback you've given her CC? That's just plain mean. I know every positive feedbac counts when you're a newbie on eBay. I'm still considered as a newbie because i've only had 11 transactions on the site. Mail them again and ask for a copy of the mail that eBay told them where they cant leave you feedback. Or else report the problem to eBay yourself!

Back