Gossip Girl + Birchbox: The May boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I first started watching Gossip Girl, I really don't like it all, but I'm going to my cousins house over the weekend - I'm taking all her DVDs of the show, and see if I missed something. Its going to be a rainy weekend anyway, so a marathon may not be a bad way to spend the time.

My cousin is a Gossip Girl fanatic, had read all the books and has a secret stash of make up galore (parents do not allow her to own or wear makeup in any way). I'm sure that she is going to ask me why I need her Gossip Girl DVDs - than the Birchbox conversation begins.

She will want me to get her one - so how best do I go about creating a second account? Can I use same addresses, credit card information?

There is no way I can send it to her house -makeup is not existent in the household (except for the secret stash). She going to want make up galore - So what should I be putting the profile preferences as? Mine is more geared to skincare, so a bit unsure.

yes to same address and credit card info, just use a different email address :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by LadyEarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif

She will want me to get her one - so how best do I go about creating a second account? Can I use same addresses, credit card information?

Also how do points work with two accounts? I assume no reviewing/getting points on the second account? I would think Birchbox would not be okay reviewing for points on both accounts.

You can review all the products you get on each account. And I have heard you can also contact BB and they will transfer the points from one account to the other if you need them to. Havent tried it myself since I only have a measly 165 and 50 points on each, but in a few months I will try to combine them to get myself an awesome birthday gift.

Also how do points work with two accounts? I assume no reviewing/getting points on the second account? I would think Birchbox would not be okay reviewing for points on both accounts.

I reviewed on both of my accounts in March then combined the points. You are paying for the box, so those are your points, imo. 

Wow, thanks guys - a second account seems like an excellent deal- one account for me, and one account for bribes and birthday gifts.

I'm going to sign up with the promo link for the Gossip Girls Box to reserve a spot. Though it makes me wonder if people signed up for the subscription waiting list will lose their spots to sign ups through the link for the Gossip Girls Box.

Wow, thanks guys - a second account seems like an excellent deal- one account for me, and one account for bribes and birthday gifts.

I'm going to sign up with the promo link for the Gossip Girls Box to reserve a spot. Though it makes me wonder if people signed up for the subscription waiting list will lose their spots to sign ups through the link for the Gossip Girls Box.

Since everyone is geting the GG box, I don't think that will be an issue. 

also, if you create a second account can't you technically get the 50 referral points too?

Originally Posted by Kyndal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

also, if you create a second account can't you technically get the 50 referral points too?

idk if they would award them, but I wouldn't do that. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

idk if they would award them, but I wouldn't do that. 

LOL. wasn't sure how that worked. I was going to actually be a bit sad if everybody with two or three accounts got referral points for themselves!

I still have to catch up on Gossip Girl. I really liked the first season of it. I think it's actually really a good show.

But I have to watch all the rest still. A themed box from it would be pretty awesome! I'm excited for next months box!

Originally Posted by Kyndal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

no you couldn't. When you send a referral link that person gets put on a different waiting list than say the GG waiting list. You may end up getting the invite before GG ships, but most likely not. 

It would be cool if they created a different box for each character! That would be so much fun! I would have to choose Blair, but I really like Serena's style too : )

Back