Hauls

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last year a blog I follow did a sample using challenge. It was fun, but by the end of the month my face was a bit unhappy with me for using so many different products. 
I have the same problem. I can't try too many products at once or my skin goes crazy. I have to take it easy and really be careful of not changing my whole routine at once or every day by using a new thing. I've tried that many times and always end up with problems. My skin is too sensitive I guess.
Weirdly enough, following a very strict low pH rule with my products, my skin has become SO much less sensitive and I'm able to try many more products with less chance of a breakout. Although if something does have a high pH, I don't bother- it immediately gets tossed aside because I'm not messing with success!

I think when it comes to foil packets, unless I've ordered them specifically, I don't tend to use them unless they are body care, hair care, or something I've been very interested in trying.

Sample Hime did a post not too long ago that talked a bit about korean foil packets. She noticed that sometimes, you can buy the packages of 10 foil packets from Tester Korea for example, and get way more product for less money than if you bought the actual full size product- you just simple save an empty bottle of some kind and transfer the foil packets into it. I know I also order the packages of 10 foil packets if I want to try something that is kind of expensive for me to buy a full size of: IE: Missha Long name Ampoule.

Foil packets can be a girls best friend if you use them/purchase them wisely! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

The issue I have with buying foils and transferring them to a bottle instead of buying a regular full size bottle is that the samples don't have expiration dates on them. So while I do think it's a really great way to try something for an extended period of time to make sure you like it before you buy it, it wouldn't be a long term solution for me.

In a perfect world, all of my favorite products would be cheap and I wouldn't have to pay $45 for my favorite night cream.

I have an excess too due to lots of TK and BNK orders as well as sub boxes. I need to start using them tbh.

The issue I have with buying foils and transferring them to a bottle instead of buying a regular full size bottle is that the samples don't have expiration dates on them. So while I do think it's a really great way to try something for an extended period of time to make sure you like it before you buy it, it wouldn't be a long term solution for me.

In a perfect world, all of my favorite products would be cheap and I wouldn't have to pay $45 for my favorite night cream.
That's very true!! I tend to only hold on to sample-sized containers and jars and squeeze out maybe 4-5 foil packets at a time- usually the 10 packs of samples will hold me over for enough time where I can use them pretty quickly, but also know whether or not I want a full size of the product. Although I'm being a hypocrite here, I have a VERY hard time forcing myself to use foil packets LOL- I pick them up from TK on a rare occasion when I'm very interested in trying something and don't want to buy the full size. The ones I get randomly are very rarely used unless they are in multiples, or it's something I've been meaning to try out. I'm very lucky that the majority of products I love aren't insanely expensive, although my Mizon AHA/BHA Toner has become pretty difficult to find, not to mention how sad i am that there was the floaters issue and RRS no longer carries it for $12...that was the deal of a lifetime LOL 

I try and go through my samples and give my mum any doubles I have to try. The only problem with that approach is sometimes I have no idea what the product does so have to wing it when I tell her what it is

@@MissJexie I've actually noticed my face is getting less sensitive too. I will still get clogged pores or a small breakout from the occasionally product, but it's been awhile since I've had a product sting, burn or turn my face bright red. I have a few products lined up that I'm going to test, and after a bit of a new product break, I think I'm going to try some sort of vitamin c. I've been nervous about vitamin c because I've reacted to citrus before. Now that I seem to have the acne thing under control, I want to start to focus on adding anti-aging products. Need to do some more reading about vitamin c, retinoids and ceramides first though. I'm a bit confused about all that.  

Hi, im new here,  but so stoked that I found a k-beauty forum (reddit is hard on the eyes).

Ive hauled so much the last few months -so bad for the wallet.

Ive been buying mainly from TK and a bit from BNK, but it seems like TK has stopped their sale -has anyone bought from Koreadepart? They write the correct amount on the parcel dont they? Stupid VAT.

Couldnt resist the penguins and totally love the Skinfood blush -wish they had more colours!

post-165039-0-50192800-1426786315.jpgpost-165039-0-88901200-1426159140.jpg

Yeah tk has stopped their sale but they are doing a new system. Gotta agree on vat... Blooming eight pound letter too.

Never done KD tbh

Hi, im new here,  but so stoked that I found a k-beauty forum (reddit is hard on the eyes).

Ive hauled so much the last few months -so bad for the wallet.

Ive been buying mainly from TK and a bit from BNK, but it seems like TK has stopped their sale -has anyone bought from Koreadepart? They write the correct amount on the parcel dont they? Stupid VAT.

Couldnt resist the penguins and totally love the Skinfood blush -wish they had more colours!

post-165039-0-50192800-1426786315.jpg
post-165039-0-88901200-1426159140.jpg
Welcome!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I agree reddit is a pain in the butt to read especially when you're not used to it- I wish they would have user picture so I could actually SEE who was talking rather than having to read their username each time lol

Awesome haul! I want to snag one of those penguins someday too lol- they're just too cute!

I haven't purchased from Koreadepart yet but I want to make an order with them at some point. TesterKorea used to be my favorite place to shop but aside from a few decently priced items, I'm not seeing their allure anymore, especially with the snail-pace shipping I've experienced lately.

I usually stick to RoseRoseShop and BeautyNetKorea, although I've been eyeing Jolse a bit more lately to compare prices. 

Another haul, plus I got two more items from BNK this morning -one of them is the Peri's Ink. LOVE!

(I actually just did a Koreadepart order -hope it goes well! And then no more shopping til Ive handed in my dissertation!!)

post-165039-0-20190300-1424776439.jpg

I've bought from KoreaDepart and wasn't charged any customs for the order arriving in the UK. Cant mind what they put on the package but was defo more inside than duty threshold anyway

I've bought from KoreaDepart and wasn't charged any customs for the order arriving in the UK. Cant mind what they put on the package but was defo more inside than duty threshold anyway and was well packaged. Took a couple of weeks to arrive but domt mind waiting on something I want or need.

Welcome to the madness...though once you start you'll soon find you have drawers / boxes full of products
Oh great to hear! I stayed under the VAT limit I think, but wouldnt mind if I could do bigger orders!

And oh, I know, I dream about korean skin care now. Im such a horder. Ive never really worn makeup but today Ive just ordered five more lip tints. Do I need them? Nah. Do I want forty more? Hell yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another haul, plus I got two more items from BNK this morning -one of them is the Peri's Ink. LOVE!

(I actually just did a Koreadepart order -hope it goes well! And then no more shopping til Ive handed in my dissertation!!)
I just got some of those chin patches too! Excited to see how they work for me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wanted to share my Tester Korea Haul! Woohoo!

KIMG0257.jpg

I love the Mizon Foot Cream so I decided to try out the Mizon Olive Honey Hand Cream! I love that the Skinfood Serum also comes with a box of cotton pads...if only EVERY product came with some LOL- I go through them like crazy! I also couldn't resist the Holika Holika makeup pouch with the kitties on it...it was so cheap!

Also the Innisfree Olive Body Sample set is super cute! I always get facial care stuff so I wanted to try out the hand cream/body lotion/body wash :)

I have that serum!  I haven't used it yet, as I have other serums to chug thru.  It is on my rotation once I am done with my current one.

my club clio haul came yesterday - i ordered 2 of the goodal waterest tone up essence because that is getting discontinued (whaaaaa...) - they have a new one coming out.  But I love the original formula!  I got this from the NYC store - the CS there was so nice, she gave me TONS of samples..  I also purchased their brand spanking new facial sheet masks in the calming version

clubclio1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanted to share my Tester Korea Haul! Woohoo!

KIMG0257.jpg

I love the Mizon Foot Cream so I decided to try out the Mizon Olive Honey Hand Cream! I love that the Skinfood Serum also comes with a box of cotton pads...if only EVERY product came with some LOL- I go through them like crazy! I also couldn't resist the Holika Holika makeup pouch with the kitties on it...it was so cheap!

Also the Innisfree Olive Body Sample set is super cute! I always get facial care stuff so I wanted to try out the hand cream/body lotion/body wash :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I couldn't resist the olive oil kit either. I actually quite like it.

Skinfood has some quinoa body wash & cream...and I want to try it soso badly, but shipping is so expensive on body products. So I rarely try them.

I got my mini Etude House haul from the sale they had a few weeks ago. Again I am super impressed with their shipping. It came registered mail, but I got it in just under two weeks. I'm way too lazy to take a picture but I got:

• Wonder Pore Freshener (I got the 500 ml, and I knew it would be big...but I was so shocked when I got it because it is HUGE. This will last me a life time. It also comes with cotton pads...yay!)
  • Zero Sebum all day matte gel
  • I need you sheet makes in green tea, pomegranate, & snail (duh!)
  • Blending sleeping cream (Moonlight spoon) in blueberry and green tea
  • Play 101 pencil in 43 & 44
Can we talk about how amazing the Play 101 pencils are? I want to own them all....and I'm working on that.

I got my mini Etude House haul from the sale they had a few weeks ago. Again I am super impressed with their shipping. It came registered mail, but I got it in just under two weeks. I'm way too lazy to take a picture but I got:

• Wonder Pore Freshener (I got the 500 ml, and I knew it would be big...but I was so shocked when I got it because it is HUGE. This will last me a life time. It also comes with cotton pads...yay!)
  • Zero Sebum all day matte gel
  • I need you sheet makes in green tea, pomegranate, & snail (duh!)
  • Blending sleeping cream (Moonlight spoon) in blueberry and green tea
  • Play 101 pencil in 43 & 44
Can we talk about how amazing the Play 101 pencils are? I want to own them all....and I'm working on that.
LOVE the pencils!

I'm really interested in hearing about the zero sebum matte gel when you have a chance to try it out!

Back