How much are you willing to spend on a handbag?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one really expensive bag-and it was around $500.00. This was a Christmas gift from my daughter. I like to change bags a lot and so I don't like to spend a lot of money on them.

the most I ever spent for a bag was $200 for a cute Marc Jacobs bag, which it not that bad (in my opinion).

seven hundred. as long as its leather & has good hardware i'd even pay more then that. now when i'm paying for canvas &/or cotton? no thanks, i'll stick under $100.

No more than $50. My handbag always ends up with so much trash in it. Reciepts, wrapper trash from my kids etc. I've been browsing the XOXO Affection II hobo bag and matching checkbook wallet. That'll run me about $40 off eBay NWT.

OK I admit to having a fetish for Coach bags and would spend "big" money on one of those bags, but other than that I really would not spend very much money on any other bag

well I would say I am WILLING up to about 5000 dollars, but realistically I can only afford up to $500 or so. I have a lot of marc jacobs bags which I've saved up for so yeah.

the most i've spent is $980 (on sale) which i regret because it was poor quality. my best purchase is my balenciaga ink box for $735. the most i'll pay is ~1500.

The most I'd spend is around $1500. Of course the entails SAVING UP for it. No need to get into debt now, that'd be stupid.

I would probably spend up to $100 on a bag, it would have to be really nice for that amount of money as I can't afford the designer stuff.

My strap on my handbag broke on the weekend. I bought this bag as a leather handbag last year. Well yes the bag is leather but the strap was vynal :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I had a spare strap at home (real leather) that I could adapt to it and its as good as new again. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am still trying to find the PERFECT handbag so I am going to say $500. I have been looking for 2 years now.

Hello Everyone,

Since I am handbag and Makeup addict I would have to say the most I have spend on a bag is probably 3500 which was a Chanel purse.

In order for me to invest in a handbag I do research on a designer. Between Gucci, Fendi, Chanel, LV and Juicey. I probably spend the most on them.

I look at handbags at a investment because I can always resell them later.

lol i think i should update my reply.. (can't believe $400 was EVER my limit haha ).. i've since spent $1200 on a fendi spy bag and $1000 on a marc jacobs bag.. i've become a bag fanatic so, i've got my eye on some pricey bags.. idk if i have a limit lol depends on how bad i want it.

The most expensive handbag I've bought was a Chanel 2.55 almost 10 years ago, two in fact. But I sold them off when I downgraded and simplified my life. Now I rarely spend more than $30 on a new bag. I'd rather pick up some thrift store bargains for under $10! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

update:

i got a bag last summer from nordstrom rack (which i had seen like 2 months earlier in the regular nordstroms), it was a betsey johnson (not betseyville which is normally what i could afford) for like $80-something (orginally like $300-something).

i felt so guilty about it i didnt use it all summer till my mom came over and told me it was cute and i shouldnt feel bad about spending the money on it.

but this summer its gonna be my awsome summer bag!

No more then $1000.......If I were a little bit richer, then I could have my dream bag!

Back