In your opinion, worst high end cosmetics brand?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far i haven't really found any bad high end products, i like chanel eyeshadow but i do have one complaint...it's not very pigmented, but still not a bad shadow if you want a understated look.

I do like two faced shadow insurance. Works the same to me as UD primer and you get more out of the tube. Now one of my least fav ones is clinique. No staying power at all.

That's too easy...METEORITES Guerlain.

And other things from Guerlain too.

Meteorites - Pastel White, Winter Radiance, Pucci,Perles Imperiales....

There are a tales about Meteorites in PL and some of my friends have two or three Pastel White, limited white powder....and they say it gives porcelain skin effect.

On my skin it looks bad (like a white-pink potato flour), prefer Poudre Crystalline Chanel

Guerlain foundations are dark yellow on my skin and they're so heavy...ugh

And e/s...if i want to see the colours have to look at Natalia Vodianovy and her Guerlain -photoshop make up, because when I use real Guerlain e/s have the mist

Elisabeth Arden.

It is a granny's brand.

The rest is good, but I think more or less all brands are way too expensive.

Originally Posted by Sexy Sadie /img/forum/go_quote.gif Elisabeth Arden.It is a granny's brand.

The rest is good, but I think more or less all brands are way too expensive.

That's an insult to refer to EliZabeth Arden as a "granny brand". Don't judge a book by its cover.

Dior and Mac are so very over priced. It's rediculious!!!! I have a few Mac products, yes, but I find I go to my drugstore cosmetics the most! I can buy drug store makeup on sale for a few bucks and save myself that extra 60 bucks! I don't buy many high end brands. I have mostely NYX--love their products!
smile.gif

Kat Von D's makeup line.

She should just stick with tattooing.

I bought the Book of Shadows volume 1.

Thank fu*k it was on sale.

I find her eye shadow primer gross.

The eye shadow is horrible. I had to cake it on to get good pigment, and that left me with it flaking off.

There's no way the false eyelashes would stay without glue. (It did not come with glue)

I personally think her perfume smells like a horrid man's after shave and cheap old woman perfume.

Originally Posted by JonalRyan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Kat Von D's makeup line.

She should just stick with tattooing.

I bought the Book of Shadows volume 1.

Thank fu*k it was on sale.

I find her eye shadow primer gross.

The eye shadow is horrible. I had to cake it on to get good pigment, and that left me with it flaking off.

There's no way the false eyelashes would stay without glue. (It did not come with glue)

I personally think her perfume smells like a horrid man's after shave and cheap old woman perfume.
Not to defend her, I can't stand her, but she really has no input on how the cosmetics are made as it's actually made by Sephora not Kat Von D. She's paid to stick her name on it and she does have input on colors and the names for the products but that's it. She goes to Sephora's office to put her input on colors and names but that's pretty much it as it was shown on her show LA Ink.

I've never tried her primer so no opinion there but the powder shadows are nice, I own Truth and Angeles and while I don't use it much I have used it and it was pigmented. I'm not crazy about the cream shadows in either palette (one cream shadow per palette) and think the cream is junk but I'm not a cream shadow person. As for the false lashes, ALL fake lashes must be applied after you add more glue, I've NEVER had ANY fake lash go on straight from the package to my eye without adding glue and most don't come with glue, you have to buy lash glue apart unless you buy a kit. I totally agree that the perfume is terrible but it doesn't smell like men's aftershave it's just too strong.

Kat Von D's makeup line. She should just stick with tattooing. I bought the Book of Shadows volume 1. Thank fu*k it was on sale. I find her eye shadow primer gross. The eye shadow is horrible. I had to cake it on to get good pigment, and that left me with it flaking off. There's no way the false eyelashes would stay without glue. (It did not come with glue) I personally think her perfume smells like a horrid man's after shave and cheap old woman perfume.
This. I have absolutely no interest whatsoever, in this line. KVD, Tarte and LORAC do not interest me at all. The comments about Chanel and Dior being 'drugstore quality' are mind-boggling to me. Dior's Quints and Unlimited mascara IMHO, are top-notch. And while Glossimers suck, I don't think any brand has Chanel beat when it comes to lipstick.

i'm surprised everyone's saying too faced, but then again... never tried that brand! they're packaging is always super cute though.

as far as worst brands... hmmmm.... i really don't know. i was REALLY lucky and didn't ended up buying HE crap *yet*. then again, i always research everything before i splurge... for hours and hours... no impulse buys.

Department store worst brand: M•A•C.

The products are okay but it's so overhyped. I own ONE shadow (Jealousy Wakes) and yes it's a pretty color but it was such a waste of money for ONE shadow. My daughter has had her makeup done twice at their counters and been basically forced to buy $50 in products each time just to get her makeup done. First time she picked up some lip glosses and I think mascara but the second time I ended up returning the products.

Drugstore worst brand: L'Oreal

I like the HiP shadows but I've always had problems with the foundations, powders, mascara and that primer... gross. It smells and looks like soy wax.

Indy worst brand: witchslap, Two Cosmetics, Ruthless

It's a tie... not one of these companies are honest about the fact they ALL get their products from Lady Burd cosmetics and every single one sell the Lady Burd paint wheels mainly as eye shadows. The paint wheels are face paint not eye shadows.

In MAC's defense, nothing in this world is free - I'd rather spend x amount on product and get my makeup done; then spend x amount to just get my makeup on and get no product in return. Furthermore, it's not like MAC is out of line - Murale charges around the same amount, if one wants a skincare demo or their makeup done - redeemable on skincare or cosmetics. And it's not like MAC is sneaky about it.

Lancome for sure!  Wayy over-priced, poor-quality products. They are soooo shady with their product ingredients, they don't even list them on their website or on their packaging! When their s**t products make me break out, I'd at least like to know what's in them.

The eyeshadows have awful pigmentation. Their foundations/tinted moisturizers make me break out (and I've never had this issue with other foundations--not to mention, they make me greasy and I have dry skin!). I like their lipsticks, but I would never pay for them--I just get them as gifts-with-purchase. Their mascara is decent, but nothing that stands out as amazing, or better than others in that price range.

I feel the same way about Clinique--over-priced (not as $$ though), low-quality products with questionable ingredients. They've been around the department store block for years, but they only have one or two decent, well-recognized products each. The dramatically different lotion for Clinique, the mascara/liquid liner for Lancome. They're just so gimmicky, but I get drawn to their gifts with purchase sales :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For Me this is kind of a hard one!! Because it seems that MOST brands cheap or expensive have their greats, goods,ok & BLAH products!! For Me, I dont care at all for MAC lip products!! Their glosses are so sticky & I always feel like I have to keep checking my teeth when wearing them. I do believe that MAC is made by Estee Lauder though?Now as for the Bare Essential Line, I have alot of mixed feelings!! I cannot seem to figure out the mineral makeup products at all!! I do LOVE their brushes though!! And all the eyeshadows are gorgeous, I do like how they have the shadows in a compact now, I just wish they had more colors like the minerals available. I do LOVE the BUXOM LINE though!! I cannot live without the Buxom lipsticks and the glosses!! I ALWAYS seem to get the mineral makeup all over the place and that urks Me!! These are the lines I cannot live without:

1. BUXOM- Lipsticks ( like 3 in 1 lip liner, lipstick, & plumper) & Their glosses!!

2. Bare Mineral- Their Brushes!!

3. I LOVE Makeup Forever!!

4. Revlon- Colorstay eyeliners & foundation

5. TooFaced- Lip Injection Extreme & Eye Primers, especially the one for glitter makeup

6. NYX- glitters & Almost all their line!!

7. Dior- DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum to put on before the mascara BUT dont care for DIOR PRODUCTS at all!! I have the DiorShow Mascara and I love my Maybelline Lash Stiletto Voluptous Waterproof SO MUCH BETTER!! Its My FAVORITE MASCARA!!

8. ELF- I really love alot of their stuff also!! I use their double ended clear mascara for my brows!!

9. A MUST HAVE for Me is a great eyelash curler, and I have tried ALL OF THEM.. BUT.. The best I have used is this one from the DOLLARTREE, dont know the name but it is black with either a white/pink bottom or white/blue or white/green bottom. I get so many compliments on my eyes from using it!!

10. My favorite Eyeshadow is ALMAY the original kit for Hazel eyes, the middle color, its like a Taupish color GORGEOUS!! I ALWAYS go back to it!! And I am not a ALMAY Girl!! SO it shows that EXPENSIVE ISNT ALWAYS BETTER!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back