Julep: August 2013 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
19th or 20th?
They have been posting the collection on the 19th lately, so we get to look things over before the selection window opens. There is guarantee they will do this every month, though.

Originally Posted by foxyroxy-26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I thought oxblood was last year?
Last years colour was Tangerine Tango

I meant that I thought it was like the "in" color last fall.  I know the Pantone Color of the Year in 2012 was Tangerine Tango.

They have been posting the collection on the 19th lately, so we get to look things over before the selection window opens. There is guarantee they will do this every month, though.
thanks

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I meant that I thought it was like the "in" color last fall.  I know the Pantone Color of the Year in 2012 was Tangerine Tango.
ohhh hmmm, I'm not to sure about that! I guess its making a comeback if it was!

Originally Posted by Jac13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How do you get a mobile code? And would you mind sharing it?
Text Julep to 33733 & you should receive a 50% off coupon code.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Last month I did see the window open in the wee hours overnight on the 19th. I'll probably be sleepless again in anticipation and checking every couple of hours to see if it's open!

Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Last month I did see the window open in the wee hours overnight on the 19th. I'll probably be sleepless again in anticipation and checking every couple of hours to see if it's open!
you don't have to wait for the window to open; usually i don't see that open til 7am eastern time.

they typically have the web page for the collection open the night before.

Originally Posted by foxyroxy-26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I thought oxblood was last year?
http://lovejennyxoxo.blogspot.ca/2012/09/what-is-oxblood-cant-we-call-it-maroon.html

You were right! & I found this blog post which is exactly what I was thinking. "What the heck is oxblood?" lol!

Oooh, I agree with the author - "Antique Ruby" sounds so much nicer.  I'm surprised they didn't change the name to "THAT IS MAHOGANY!" after The Hunger Games came out last year.

Oooh, I agree with the author - "Antique Ruby" sounds so much nicer.  I'm surprised they didn't change the name to "THAT IS MAHOGANY!" after The Hunger Games came out last year.
Oxblood is an apt name for the specific color it describes. All of the other reds listed refer to a different shade on the red-brown spectrum for me.

Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Updates- sooo excited for August selections!!
A lot of the beauty sites have been talking about nudes for summer. Does Julep have a good nude creme?

i started wearing spring shades in march......sick of spring/summer colors.....bring on the fall shades!!!! if julep doesnt have nice ones i have my eye on a few zoya fall colors already

New to MUT and still learning my way around.  I mean this in a completely good way, but I can't believe you ladies are already discussing August!  I love it--it's weird how exciting this is.  Some marketing genius has completely figured out the crackpot psychology of thousands of women.  Including me, of course.

New to MUT and still learning my way around.  I mean this in a completely good way, but I can't believe you ladies are already discussing August!  I love it--it's weird how exciting this is.  Some marketing genius has completely figured out the crackpot psychology of thousands of women.  Including me, of course.
August box selections open on July 20th!

Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just sent an email to customer service, Alicia. We'll see what they do. I only asked to have Drew replaced since it was part of a set.
Interesting.  I just emailed photos of my Drew to cs.  My brush was frayed.  I wonder if there's just a problem with Drew?

Originally Posted by greatbleuheron /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm new to MUT and Julep and it took me two months to become sickenly obsessed.  I don't know how it happened, but Julep has a great thing going for them, for sure.  Seriously, how can I be so excited over nail polish??  Meh, who cares!  Is it the 19th / 20th yet???

Back