Julep Maven- June boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by hipmom3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just received mine today! ahhh so excited to add a polish for FREE to my next box (coupon code). I love their nail colors and polish goes on awsome. (annoying voice) lol. I cant say anything "bad" at this point in my subby.

xoxo

nicole
Do you have to order next month's box to claim that free polish?

I got my julep box today. I am continuously impressed with them, honestly. They sent extra brushes out to make up for last month, plus the lip balm. Very cute! I won't cancel, but I will probably skip unless I absolutely love the colors, because I have so much polish. 

I'm almost positive I'm getting a golden box this month as it was shipped via parcel post. If that's the case I'll have dupes of Sandra and Rose (I added those on and I got a ship notice). Hoping those will be easy to trade :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Lucky you, when I got my box this month, it was heavy and I was looking forward to opening it but to my dismay it was not. WHen you get it be sure to post pics 
icon_cheers.gif

I was impressed too by the extra goodies, the sugar stix, the lip balm, the extra brushes even though I skipped last month, the packaging just makes me what to continue 
headphonedance.gif

The Daylight Defense is larger than I thought it would be. They also sent me a lip balm.

where can I find a pic of the golden box, I am sooo jelly:icon_evil
Someone posted theirs on the Julep fb page. It's just all the June colors plus the SPF cream and lip balm. Every month, they randomly select 100 subscribers to get it :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by MakeupGalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm almost positive I'm getting a golden box this month as it was shipped via parcel post. If that's the case I'll have dupes of Sandra and Rose (I added those on and I got a ship notice). Hoping those will be easy to trade
biggrin.gif
so a parcel post = golden box? I also got a parcel, but I missed the delivery :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

so a parcel post = golden box? I also got a parcel, but I missed the delivery :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yes that seems to be the case for regular monthly boxes. How did you miss delivery? It ships via USPS so you shouldn't have to sign for it.

Originally Posted by MakeupGalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes that seems to be the case for regular monthly boxes.

How did you miss delivery? It ships via USPS so you shouldn't have to sign for it.
they usually put it in the mailbox, but I guess it didn't fit and I wasn't home when the mailman came. They don't leave it outside my door like they do in some places, so I have to pick it up at the post office tomorrow.

I got mine today and I would have been surprised that they included the lip balm, if I hadn't already peeked at what everyone else got. I didn't get replacement brushes, which colors last month had the bad brushes? Click the spoiler if you want to see what I go in my Bombshell box

Here is what I got

I just received my add-on of Robin and it leaked during shipping.  I had received my regular box yesterday.

I emailed them but haven't heard back yet.  This is my 2nd month with them.  Does anyone know how they usually handle damage during shipping?

They'd send you a replacement, it won't be a problem. Sometimes it takes a few days to get them to email back, but they have pretty great CS.

I loved this month's presentation! I haven't even opened the polish bag yet since I want to snap photos of the presentation before I ruin it. They really stepped up their game. Maybe the deal with Sephora going well has added some budget for us gals ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks,  they did already reply and ask for a picture or information about the product so they could track the problem.  I was surprised they got back to me on a weekend.  

They did say they would send a replacement although it may take awhile. That's ok though. I cleaned up the bottle and there is about 2/3 of the polish left, and it still seems usable although I haven't tried it yet on my actual nails.  So if I'm really desperate to try the Robin I could give it a shot.  Not sure if being leaky like that affects the quality of the polish.

So far I'm really loving my Julep subscription.

Is the formula on anyone else's morgan terrible? I just used it and my nails look AWFUL and it was so hard to work with.

I got the Boho Glam box this month. I just used Daisy on my toes and my boyfriend asked me if I dipped my feet in mustard lol. Not sure yet if I can pull it off haha!

I got American Beauty and finally tried the polishes. I am in love with Courteney. And I got a ton of compliments at a work picnic today. It is a little thick so I have to be really careful while painting that I dont glob it on.

Lily is not favorite, but its a pretty color. It just didn't apply evenly. 

Here's a photo of my box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

and the full review is at: http://mesjoiesdevivre.blogspot.com/2012/06/julep-maven-june-2012-american-beauty.html

Back