July 2012 No-Buy/Low-Buy Support Group

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two major successes for me yesterday. Stila was having an incredible deal through GMA and I was so tempted to order it. However, I sat back and realized I didn't want it because it included products I had been wanting, but simply for the thrill of the deal. I nearly broke down last night and ordered the BH Cosmetics 120 palette 3rd edition because they had a half off sale. I have been wanting it for months, but I can get it for roughly the same price on Amazon, so I opted out of it. I was literally seconds from putting in the order. I'm proud of myself though. The thrill of succeeding much outweighs that initial high from a makeup purchase. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by JessicaMarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Two major successes for me yesterday. Stila was having an incredible deal through GMA and I was so tempted to order it. However, I sat back and realized I didn't want it because it included products I had been wanting, but simply for the thrill of the deal. I nearly broke down last night and ordered the BH Cosmetics 120 palette 3rd edition because they had a half off sale. I have been wanting it for months, but I can get it for roughly the same price on Amazon, so I opted out of it. I was literally seconds from putting in the order. I'm proud of myself though. The thrill of succeeding much outweighs that initial high from a makeup purchase. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yay!

Good job, go you!

I also cancelled my order for the Chuck Taylors. It made me sad, but my phone just bit the dust, so buying a new of of those has to come first. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just got my Glossybox, and I'm soooo happy with it. Resisting the urge to sign back up. Ughhh, I do not need more samples...

OMGOMGOMG! My friend and fellow MUT Sarah sent me a box that is totally blowing my mind! I had asked her for a sample of her red eye shadow and she went NUTS!

Glee!!!!

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Good job, go you!

I also cancelled my order for the Chuck Taylors. It made me sad, but my phone just bit the dust, so buying a new of of those has to come first. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Suck sauce :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I really want the vib stila lipgloss. I'm probably going to cave.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Very nice! Enjoy.
I just swatched the red eye shadow from Sugar Pill... I can actually hear my wallet crying...

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Suck sauce :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I really want the vib stila lipgloss. I'm probably going to cave.
I saw that, and I was just like, NOO. Step away, Amy. Delete the email!

After hearing that HauteLook had Julep products I almost caved. But after looking at all the polish I realized I have at least one in each set so I didn't buy anything. I am just going to hold out for a mystery box from Julep if they have another one this month.

I saw that, and I was just like, NOO. Step away, Amy. Delete the email!
I was going to cave but they ran out of the color I wanted. Saved again. I need to stop trying to be bad.

Ok so to tell on myself, here is what I have done for July:

Zoya 4th of July polish and lip balm

2 Revlon Lip Stains

3 Twist Bands

10 samples of Glamour Doll Eyeshadow

Deva Curl set

That's it, I am done now!  

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok so to tell on myself, here is what I have done for July:

Zoya 4th of July polish and lip balm

2 Revlon Lip Stains

3 Twist Bands

10 samples of Glamour Doll Eyeshadow

Deva Curl set

That's it, I am done now!  
That's not too bad. How do you like the bitten stains? Are they moisturizing?

I've been wanting to try deva curl for months. Though I don't know if anything will tame this frizz!

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's not too bad. How do you like the bitten stains? Are they moisturizing?

I've been wanting to try deva curl for months. Though I don't know if anything will tame this frizz!
So far I really like them. Frenzy is by far the most color pay off, Desire is really close to my own lip color so there is only a slight color shift. The balm portion is really good, it doesn't sit on my lips but really soaks in, which is great. I tend to lick my lips a lot so I have also noticed there is no taste.

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So far I really like them. Frenzy is by far the most color pay off, Desire is really close to my own lip color so there is only a slight color shift. The balm portion is really good, it doesn't sit on my lips but really soaks in, which is great. I tend to lick my lips a lot so I have also noticed there is no taste.
Thanks! They have so many pretty colors but I worried it would make my lips dry. I lick mine a lot too so they are usually pretty dry anyway.

I have both! I'd say go with Hervana. It's a cool orchidy color that I think would look nice on a variety of skin tones. Sugarbomb is super shimmery, and doesn't have a lot of pigmentation. It's not bad if you want more of an effortless blush.

Ohh, gurrrl. I'm kind of in love with Tom Hiddleston, so I totally know where you're coming from with the gaga over celebs thing. It seems so silly to me, but I can't help it! Hahaha. 

i'm nearly completely obsessed with Tom Hiddleston right now.  he's in Detroit filming some vampire movie which i'm certain will send me right over the edge.

and this is how i need to be thinking all month!!  

THE THRILL OF SUCCEEDING (RESISTING) OUTWEIGHS THAT INITIAL HIGH OF A MAKEUP PURCHASE.

got my subs from SS and GB this week, on out of town next week and will come home to BB and TT so i'm confident i can survive this month as long as i stay away from the online shopping.

Sounds like July is a really tough month, lots of temptations for us all.  Stay strong everyone, and keep up the good work!  

I failed.... I went and spent money on craft supplies today.... It was less then $10 so it wasn't too bad...

Umm, I've bought way too much the past few months, so I'd like to go on a no buy (other than subs) for the rest of July and all of August. 

My biggest temptations are when I get sale notices, as I talk myself into spending by telling myself how much money I'll be saving.  I've got product coming out the wazoo, I don't need ANYTHING. 

I blog, but I should have enough items to write about through August.

Back