June 2013 No/Low Buy Goals & Support

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to go on a low-buy for the rest of my life. I really want to simplify everything I own. For example, rather than having multiple different shades of red lipstick 
patches.gif
, I want to just have my one holy grail. So for the next month and all of the months after, I really need to work on wearing the products I actually have. Things would be a lot easier if I didn't have a spending problem.  :X

Same goes for skincare. I have so much, with samples, deluxe and full sized.

Basically I must make June a no-buy.

Am I the only person who didn't know that Bed Bath and Beyond had a giant cosmetics area in the "Beyond"? I went in to get a few things, picked up some polishes -- but then promptly set those down. Go me! I also went to TJ Max. It kinda killed me to see a cologne I spent $60 on for my boyfriend there on sale for $20... Oh well. I was also good and didn't get anything there. My work is right by a Marshals, Ross, & TJ Max. I wanted to go treasure hunting but my wallet said no way! Oh, after I also went to this place called "The Cosmetic Store". It looked really dinky, like an outlet cosmetics store, from the outside. Inside it had wire-rack type shelving. They had a bunch of stuff - think Sephora plus the Birchbox shop to its fullest extent. I was disappointed to discover that it wasn't a discount place but actually had things marked more expensive than Sephora or even Bed Bath and Beyond! Think - Essie was $1.75 MORE expensive there! Today was definitely an exercise in restraint.

Originally Posted by JuliaGhostx3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I need to go on a low-buy for the rest of my life. I really want to simplify everything I own. For example, rather than having multiple different shades of red lipstick 
patches.gif
, I want to just have my one holy grail. So for the next month and all of the months after, I really need to work on wearing the products I actually have. Things would be a lot easier if I didn't have a spending problem.  :X

Same goes for skincare. I have so much, with samples, deluxe and full sized.

Basically I must make June a no-buy.
*Sigh* Same here. I can't resist a sale or Hautelook. 

Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I the only person who didn't know that Bed Bath and Beyond had a giant cosmetics area in the "Beyond"? 
Some of their stores have a beauty section - I think you can search which stores have one on their site (I'm not 100% sure). I've been to one that had a cosmetics section but was everything good or new was out-of-stock.

just a suggestion for hautelook and other flash sale sites - - they're having a sale every day of course you're going to get a good deal. So just delete all the emails without opening them or unsubsidized for the month.... You're never even know what you've missed. Nothing you couldn't buy again somewhere else, probably.

Lol, I dont know of this is a win but I went to the mall, I didn't buy anything then turned around and went to the movies! Win or Fin !

Lol, I dont know of this is a win but I went to the mall, I didn't buy anything then turned around and went to the movies! Win or Fin !

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just a suggestion for hautelook and other flash sale sites - - they're having a sale every day of course you're going to get a good deal. So just delete all the emails without opening them or unsubsidized for the month.... You're never even know what you've missed. Nothing you couldn't buy again somewhere else, probably.
Yeah, I usually just delete the emails unless a brand that I LOVE is on sale that day. 

patches.gif
, I want to just have my one holy grail. So for the next month and all of the months after, I really need to work on wearing the products I actually have. Things would be a lot easier if I didn't have a spending problem.  :X Same goes for skincare. I have so much, with samples, deluxe and full sized. Basically I must make June a no-buy.
This! The idea of just discovering holy grails and sticking to them is great. Also part of my issue lol, is I'm still hunting some down! Buuut, I think I've finally found my HG nude lippie, so that's one check off my list of trials. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I went to CVS today and walked out with less than I intended, not more! I wanted to pick up my prescription, some dish detergent, neosporin, and the nyc matte top coat, plus maybe some of those frozen wine cooler things. I left without the top coat or the wine coolers. So proud of myself!

I looked at the Coastal Scents palette email, thought about the GDE jars I just received, considered the GDE order I have scheduled for this weekend, and deleted the email with no regrets.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I looked at the Coastal Scents palette email, thought about the GDE jars I just received, considered the GDE order I have scheduled for this weekend, and deleted the email with no regrets.
High five. Although now you've made me curious about the coastal scents deal.

Ack, don't remind me about GDE! I've got a ton of stuff I want to get from them lol..

Ack, don't remind me about GDE! I've got a ton of stuff I want to get from them lol..
I put my OCD in charge of my orders from them. I set a dollar limit and then play Tetris with the jars, the season (which reminds me: I need to pull a couple of jars from my June makeup-in-use box. Hello Brooklyn and Celestial Crow are just too dark for me right now, and I have to remove them from the box or else I will keep using them and then regretting my choice for the day), and the money. I can spend *hours* going over and then changing my planned orders.

I put my OCD in charge of my orders from them. I set a dollar limit and then play Tetris with the jars, the season (which reminds me: I need to pull a couple of jars from my June makeup-in-use box. Hello Brooklyn and Celestial Crow are just too dark for me right now, and I have to remove them from the box or else I will keep using them and then regretting my choice for the day), and the money. I can spend *hours* going over and then changing my planned orders.
Yes, I'll have to play around. I know in July, I'll be making an order for a friend's birthday. If I order now and they're shades I haven't tried, I'll probably open them lol. That's horrible. I used Hello Brooklyn as a crease color the other night and had to blend, blend, blend and try to sheer it out because I wore it to work lol. Beautiful. I'm kind of stuck on Fiji Mermaid right now and have been using it as an eye liner. So everything else has been minimal, just nudes and then pow! The pop of color is amazing and makes me super happy lol.

So I caved and brought Urban Decay Eyeliner in Perversion! For some reason its irritating my eyes, they are watering and very itchy. I took it off and its better but i dont think its an reaction because I had used this product plenty of times before, but I'm returning it today!

Originally Posted by Tinkabella /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I caved and brought Urban Decay Eyeliner in Perversion! For some reason its irritating my eyes, they are watering and very itchy. I took it off and its better but i dont think its an reaction because I had used this product plenty of times before, but I'm returning it today!
This happened to me when I used the Perversion pencil that came with the Smoked palette. I saw no one else complain about it so I assumed it was just the pencil in that particular kit or me. I use a bunch of their other pencils and have no eye irritation. 

Really?! Well at least I'm not alone! I brought it from Macy's because Sephora was sold out! Did you give the pencil away or did you keep it???

Originally Posted by Tinkabella /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really?! Well at least I'm not alone! I brought it from Macy's because Sephora was sold out! Did you give the pencil away or did you keep it???
I kept it. Sometimes I put it on my lid and smudge it out for smokey eye looks. But when it's on my waterline, my eyes are irritated and the liner flakes into my eyes.

I haven't tried putting it on my upper lid, i just tested it out on my waterline and after it irritated my eyes so I just removed it!

Back