Just tried Ocean Mist minerals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received my oceanmist order today along with Monave. Loving the Oceanmist foundation. Wow. If you're looking for excellent coverage with minimal application and effort you owe it to yourself to give Oceanmist a try. I didn't order the sample size(I'm sick of sample sizes) because I was able from past experience to determine a good match from Thais' posted picture. Thanks Thais. I ordered the sandstone based on how it looked on Thais and the match was perfect. Leaves a matte fininsh, not powdery at all and coverage is heavy (but not in a bad or madeup way). Loved it and the price. I probably will be ordering their finish dust just to add a bit of dimension into the finish. I ordered sandstone and it was a great match. I also wear in EDM Medium Warm Beige and Saturnina in Monave.

I ordered Ocean mist samples yesterday. They emailed me and said they have already shipped them....WOW that was fast! Hopefully I will get them tomorrow. I'm not sure if I selected the right colors. I tend to wear neutral foundations. Right now i'm using Jane Iredale in Radiant, Does anyone know which Ocean mist would be the same color as that? I can't figure out my colors just by looking so i'm hoping someone can help me. I also ordered some Lumiere, the MMU I use now doesn't last that long and cost $48.00 so i'm looking for something better. I hope Ocean mist is better for me. Thanks for any help!! I also have Rosacea so is there any concealer or anything I should try? Thanks!

Paper Flowers,

I think Ocean Mist would be perfect for oily skin... it has kaolin clay in it. It was too dry for my combo skin, though.

I have oily skin and I've found that using Oceanmist plus the Monistat (someday I'll buy a real primer) have cut down my oily face quite a bit. An improvement over BE.

Hmmm. I just bought Monave foundation and found it works for me great, but I've always heard it's a real showdown between Monave and Oceanmist, and wondering if I should go in on some Oceanmist samples and try them out and see which one will be my HG? I couldn't buy a full foundation for some time though, and I'd have to be picky about the colors. *hmph* Being so pale...

Anyway, ramble, I just wanted to know about other's experiences here, because my face is oily at times and then occasionally not so much, just depending on certain times of the month-- so which would be better for oil control :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wear Kerrie in Monave, what shade would be best to sample from OM?

i received my ocean mist samples today and they all look orange for some reason? im not even going to sample this,they dont look like real flesh tones at all

Blondie36-

I'd try them just in case. I know when I got my Monave samples I didn't think they'd work at all because they seemed much lighter than what I was used to. Each brand is different. I'd just swipe a little of each with a concealer brush on my cheek to see if they work rather than toss them without trying. That's just me- I hate to think I missed out on something just because I didn't try.

your right:) im going to try them now that i bought them ,but the orange scares me,but the owner did contact me on my color selections and shes trying to help me find a color more suitable for me,and i thought that was very nice of her :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i was trying to look for a good foundation and someone told me about mineral foundation.... nd it looks reall good on you...... Is it better for your skin then just regualr foundation?

Yes, "they" say that it is better for your skin than traditional mu, basically they use the minerals from the earth to create mu and I guess they use alot less chemicals during the processing so therefore it's better for you. I'm not a scientist but commonsense tells me that it probably is better, but even if its not, it sure feels better on your face. In fact, it almost feels like your wearing nothing at all, I think that's what appeals to so many women who use mmu...the feeling of not having all that cakey crap on your face. Also, IMO it looks so much more natural.

I also got my OM samples and I must say that I was also pleasantly surprised. I got them the same day as my Signature Minerals samples but ended up trying the Signature first, which was yesterday. I got the foundations in Vanilla, Sunsilk and Fawn. The Vanilla looks way too light for my skintone and the Fawn looks too dark, but the Sunsilk was a great match to my natural color. So, whoever said that OM had good staying power was right, it's 8:30pm and my mu still looks pretty good. I'm happy about that cuz I was looking for more lasting power which I thought BE wasn't giving me. The Signature that I tried yesterday didn't last as long and I was kinda disappointed about that. Anyways, back to the OM...oh yeah, the blush "Rosy Snapper" was very pretty on my cheeks, very natural looking although in the container it looked very pinky, it was very nice. Now for the grand finale, the finishing powder, Silken Perfection was exactly that, "perfection". LOVE it...absolutely the best finishing dust IMO. It looks kinda scary in the container cuz it's white, but goes on sheer and I don't know how else to say it, it's just great. Haven't tried the concealer yet, but maybe tomorrow. I still like the BE wellrested as far as concealer's go. :rockwoot:

Hi

I was just about to place a sample order & realized that she didn't mention anything about international shipping in the shipping pages.

Does anyone know if she does?

Ta'!!!

It seems like the online mmu's are so good at customer service. Good luck with the new colors.

Did you look at Fawn? I wear EDM fairly light warm and I was told my match in Monave would be Kerrie and OCM would be Fawn.

Id say either sunsilk ,fawn or vanilla . those are the three light warm shades. I think they let you pick 3 .

I just ordered samples too! So excited!

Also very sad because I don't have ten posts yet and can't see any of the links.

Bummer.

Back