New Urban Decay for 2012?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love the cases above.

I really hope the Ocho Loco pencil set happens.  That I will definitely purchase ASAP!  I think only Rockstar and Perversion are dupes, although some of the other shades look similar to other shades they've had - so we'll see.  

The Vice palette isn't doing much for me.  I'll hold off on that.  I have so many amazing palettes by UD I can live without this one.  I just don't find the packaging very appealing (boring and looks big) and the colors are only so-so.  It may be a palette (like BOS IV) that I purchase once/if it goes on sale and fall in love with later.

I like the Smoked travel set but will purchase from Sephora after January to start getting points for VIB.  I also suspect it'll go on sale down the road some if you are patient.  

The Feminine/Dangerous/Fun palettes are cool but I also dislike the zippered cases.  I liked having a set of the old cardboard flip top - it looked like mini books propped up on a shelf.  These new zippered ones ruin that look.  Love the shades they picked, but the case is a no for me.  If they go on sale down the road I'd probably pick them up for travel but dang...bring back the fliptop/cardboard with awesome artwork!

I hope UD considers a mini lip gloss set for the holidays...would buy that.  And I loved the shadow pencil set from last year so hoping for another set for Christmas this year with a few new shades.  I really think they need a "Baked" shadow pencil for fall...
I think if the Vice palette fails, then it would go on sale, but I wouldn't count on it though. The BOS IV was the only BOS that has ever gone on sale. Previous ones has never gone on sale before. I know Vol 1, 2 and Alice in Wonderland sold out before Christmas and BOS 3 stayed around, but they just stopped selling it without never giving it a sale. It comes back once in a while though. I hope the liner Psychedelic Sister is better than Ransom. I like the mini lip gloss idea! lol.

Originally Posted by xlisaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think if the Vice palette fails, then it would go on sale, but I wouldn't count on it though. The BOS IV was the only BOS that has ever gone on sale. Previous ones has never gone on sale before. I know Vol 1, 2 and Alice in Wonderland sold out before Christmas and BOS 3 stayed around, but they just stopped selling it without never giving it a sale. It comes back once in a while though. I hope the liner Psychedelic Sister is better than Ransom. I like the mini lip gloss idea! lol.
True.  I'll have to wait and see if it's more beautiful in person.  I have both Naked palettes, 15th Anniversary (love!), Smoked, BOS IV, and quite a few smaller palettes (a la Vegan, Feminine, etc) & singles.  I like the shadows in Vice but they are similar to recent launches.  But the packaging and case... totally fail in my eyes to meet previous artistic UD packaging.  

If I do purchase, it'll be after January and at Sephora.  I think I can wait/gamble on it selling out at the poing in time.  And, it may be one I totally pass on.  Makes me sad, too.  I just see so much BOS IV crossed with 15th Anniversary...

But I'm lusting over the pencil sets...both of them.  I'll wait on the Smoked but if they release the Ocho Loco soon I'll only hold for a F&F sale from either UD or Sephora - whomever comes first!  :-D

Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Feminine/Dangerous/Fun palettes are cool but I also dislike the zippered cases.  I liked having a set of the old cardboard flip top - it looked like mini books propped up on a shelf.  These new zippered ones ruin that look.  Love the shades they picked, but the case is a no for me.  If they go on sale down the road I'd probably pick them up for travel but dang...bring back the fliptop/cardboard with awesome artwork!
I'm the complete opposite. I used to like the look of the "books" but grew to hate how bulky they were. I much prefer the zippered case but I fear when it'll give out. Plus they're easier to travel with
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ecru /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Karen at Makeup and Beauty Blog posted pictures and swatches of the Feminine/Dangerous/Fun Palettes, Ocho Loco Set, and the House of Fraser/Debenhams BYO Palettes.

[SIZE=medium](Deleted link per [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]TERMS OF SERVICE[/SIZE][SIZE=medium])[/SIZE]
Oh hellz yes!!!  Love Karen!

Originally Posted by ecru /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Karen at Makeup and Beauty Blog posted pictures and swatches of the Feminine/Dangerous/Fun Palettes, Ocho Loco Set, and the House of Fraser/Debenhams BYO Palettes.

[SIZE=medium](Deleted link per [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]TERMS OF SERVICE[/SIZE][SIZE=medium])[/SIZE]
Yep, Ocho Loco will be in my collection. Those swatches look lovely. 

OMG I can't wait until this collection launches! Hopefully the 24/7s won't be sold out before the Sephora FF sale. I don't remember when UD's FF sale was but I think it was after the holidays. I'm gonna wait to buy feminine, dangerous, and fun bc the previous versions went on sale for $16. I'll get Vice during the FF. I love the idea of a matte Naked palette but I'll probably only get it if it is new colors bc it seems a little wasteful to buy a palette that is just repeats from two palettes I already own, but the again I have the Midnight Cowboy Palette and the Midnight Emergency Palette and there's only one different color e/s and the same lipgloss. My UD palettes are my favorite part of my makeup collection.

I wish whoever posted the pics of the Naked Basics 6 color palette had focused the damn camera! I wanna know what the colors are!
pissoff.gif

Originally Posted by StillPooh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wish whoever posted the pics of the Naked Basics 6 color palette had focused the damn camera! I wanna know what the colors are!
pissoff.gif
I think that was the point, so we wouldn't be able to see the names of the color :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> oh well, I guess as long as we know it's coming, we can be saving for it! lol. And if it ends up being something we don't want, that means we saved money that we can spend on something else! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think that was the point, so we wouldn't be able to see the names of the color :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> oh well, I guess as long as we know it's coming, we can be saving for it! lol. And if it ends up being something we don't want, that means we saved money that we can spend on something else! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
They could have blurred the names and left the rest clear. Oh well.

Originally Posted by StillPooh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

pissoff.gif
From the pic, it looks like they took some of the matte shades from both the Naked palettes and combined them into this small palette...but I dunno!

I think that was the point, so we wouldn't be able to see the names of the color
I would agree with you, except that the Vice palette pics are totally clear, with legible names.

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

From the pic, it looks like they took some of the matte shades from both the Naked palettes and combined them into this small palette...but I dunno!
I think you're right, which means I won't need this palette. Shucks!  I would love some more UD mattes!

I found a closer look of the NAKED Basics on instagram. Seems like the only repeat is Foxy. Naked2.. I wonder if that's going to be similar to Naked itself?

Back